• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 Programs of the BCS Era

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the BCS era only two (2) teams have a winning record 1998- 2013 against top 25 year ranked opponents:

OSU 34 - 29
USC 30 - 26

Games against top 15 year ranked opponents… No other teams has a winning record

USC 20-16

Games against top 10 year ranked opponents… No other teams has a winning record

OU 14-13
USC 14-14

No program has a winning record against top 5 year ranked opponents

Last edited by a moderator:

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the BCS era only two (2) teams have a winning record 1998- 2013 against top 25 year ranked opponents:

OSU 34 - 29
USC 30 - 26

Games against top 15 year ranked opponents… No other teams has a winning record

USC 20-16

Games against top 10 year ranked opponents… No other teams has a winning record

OU 14-13
USC 14-14

No program has a winning record against top 5 year ranked opponents

"Year Ranked"

:gaah:

You mean ranked at the end of the year.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Year Ranked"

:gaah:

You mean ranked at the end of the year.

Yes all games can be perceived as

" Game Ranked "
Or
" Year Ranked "

I chose year ranked, it doesn't allow for all the Fluff, you know like USC preseason # 1 in 2012 or LSU # 4 in 2008, or UGA # 5 in 2013… We could include Fla # 10 in 2013:lol:

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

" Game Ranked "
Or
" Year Ranked "

I chose year ranked, it doesn't allow for all the Fluff, you know like USC preseason # 1 in 2012 or LSU # 4 in 2008, or UGA # 5 in 2013… We could include Fla # 10 in 2013:lol:
BTW ESPIN loves the fluff

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

" Game Ranked "
Or
" Year Ranked "

:doh: It's not your choice that frustrates me, it's your terminology, which I made quite clear.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: It's not your choice that frustrates me, it's your terminology, which I made quite clear.

Terminology has nothing to do with it, you're as about as slow as the " HOOP " tonight. Their excuse maybe due to " Maintenance " yours… Not so much! It's what I would expect from a " Casual " CFB fan from Fla.. We all know CFB didn't start in Fla until 1990, yet your boys still " stink " up the room with regards to OOC BCS opponents….. Yes I know, we have been to this rodeo before but your team sucks a Camels " NUT SACK " as far as OOC games against BSC opponents…. Tell your AD to grow a pair, maybe then your girls will get some respect.

BTW, my first college experience was in 1961, USC against UGA. So, I can tell ya I've been around the block more times than the mailman:lol:

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terminology has nothing to do with it, you're as about as slow as the " HOOP " tonight. Their excuse maybe due to " Maintenance " yours… Not so much! It's what I would expect from a " Casual " CFB fan from Fla.. We all know CFB didn't start in Fla until 1990, yet your boys still " stink " up the room with regards to OOC BCS opponents….. Yes I know, we have been to this rodeo before but your team sucks a Camels " NUT SACK " as far as OOC games against BSC opponents…. Tell your AD to grow a pair, maybe then your girls will get some respect.

BTW, my first college experience was in 1961, USC against UGA. So, I can tell ya I've been around the block more times than the mailman:lol:

Terminology has everything to do with it. You're a complete idiot.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OSU 34 - 29
USC 30 - 26

When you are looking at rankings you need to PICK one system.
In the AP system USC is 13-14 vs Top 10 and 29-25 vs Top 25 teams.
In the Coaches Poll USC is 12-14 vs Top 10 and 29-26 vs Top 25 teams.

I prefer the AP as it goes back to 1936.

The fact that Floridas record is littered with wins against......

Toledo, Georgia Southern,Bowling Green, La Lafayette,Jacksonville State,Florida Atlantic, Furman, Apallachian State, something called Charlston Southern, Troy,Florida International. And add about two to three more sisters of the poor for every year of the BCS. How many laughable wins is that that you count?

Get the picture? All of these games were at home. All of these games are seriously a joke. Half of these game are scheduled to be the second to the last game of the season .The last three were in the same year. USC plays and schedules teams you actually have heard of . They played Fresno State in a bowl this past year and the actually have them on the schedule. They play Boston College again this year (played them last year) and they actually go back east to play them. They arnt juggernauts for sure but they have a heart beat and actually gave Florida State a game. I doubt you can say that about Florida OOC teams. I'm sure its alot easier to play a big game at the end of the year against your rival when you have Bowling Green or Furman on the schedule as the second to last game of the year. Nice practice . So forgive me if I laugh at your conclusions.

The JOKE is on you as it is YOU that hasn't got the picture!

USC plays FAR more "loser" teams than UF does. The difference is UF is up front about it!

In the BCS era
AP Top 10 opponents USC 27 vs UF 43 (That's 1 more per year for UF)
Top 25 Opponents USC 54 vs UF 86 (That's 2 more per year for UF)
Opponents with D1A winning records USC 108 vs UF 128 (That's 1.25 more per year for UF)
Major Opponents with winning records USC 97 vs UF 115 (That's 1.125 more per year for UF)

Conversely,
Opponents WITHOUT winning records USC 79-17-0 vs UF 68-1-0. (That's 6 games per year that USC plays per year! and 1.6875 MORE per year than UF). HALF of USC's yearly schedule for the past 16 seasons has been against teams that DO NOT HAVE WINNING RECORDS!!!

Note: USC is averaging ONE loss per year to teams that don't have winning records. They are consistent: 8 losses at home, 8 losses away and 1 loss in a Bowl game.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are looking at rankings you need to PICK one system.
In the AP system USC is 13-14 vs Top 10 and 29-25 vs Top 25 teams.
In the Coaches Poll USC is 12-14 vs Top 10 and 29-26 vs Top 25 teams.

I prefer the AP as it goes back to 1936.

The JOKE is on you as it is YOU that hasn't got the picture!

USC plays FAR more "loser" teams than UF does. The difference is UF is up front about it!

In the BCS era
AP Top 10 opponents USC 27 vs UF 43 (That's 1 more per year for UF)
Top 25 Opponents USC 54 vs UF 86 (That's 2 more per year for UF)
Opponents with D1A winning records USC 108 vs UF 128 (That's 1.25 more per year for UF)
Major Opponents with winning records USC 97 vs UF 115 (That's 1.125 more per year for UF)

Conversely,
Opponents WITHOUT winning records USC 79-17-0 vs UF 68-1-0. (That's 6 games per year that USC plays per year! and 1.6875 MORE per year than UF). HALF of USC's yearly schedule for the past 16 seasons has been against teams that DO NOT HAVE WINNING RECORDS!!!

Note: USC is averaging ONE loss per year to teams that don't have winning records. They are consistent: 8 losses at home, 8 losses away and 1 loss in a Bowl game.

I will get back with more data soon, But you do realize that USC plays in a conference that plays 9 IC games with a conference with 12 teams, meaning the conference will have at least 6 more loses, unlike the SEC where they could have 14 more wins playing cupcakes, which would increase teams in PAC that wouldn't have a winning or losing record. Gotta love the Casual fan.

You stated that USC had eight (8) loses record on the road…. Can you tell me when Fla has played 8 games on the road outside of the state of Fla??? Didn't think so.

Wow 1 bowl loss

Don't know where you get your stats, but they suck!!:L

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, fans from the great state of fla want to be recognized as something special, yet they're only left with this mess..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A]Corrine Brown - Go Gata (with Subtitles) - YouTube[/ame]

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggregate BCS Rankings:
1. OU
2. OSU
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Texas
6. Oregon
t7.Alabama
t7.VT
9. FSU
10. USC

I cant believe you guys dont know what aggregate BCS rankings means.

This is an undeniable fact based statistic. It isnt taking into account BCS games, NATTYs or any of that.

Oney simply posted the top 10 for 15 years of total BCS rankings.

This doesnt fairly rank the teams of this BCS era if you are looking at the most prestigious team. It shows a ranking after 15 years of football rankings using the BCS formula in those 15 years.

:suds:

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On top of it all, the moron has seemed to mistaken me for a Florida fan. What a total idiot.

Gator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will get back with more data soon,
I am looking forward to it. It would be a refreshing change.

But you do realize that USC plays in a conference that plays 9 IC games with a conference with 12 teams, meaning the conference will have at least 6 more loses, unlike the SEC where they could have 14 more wins playing cupcakes, which would increase teams in PAC that wouldn't have a winning or losing record.
Nice deflection.

Gotta love the Casual fan.
I love it when punks think that calling someone a "Casual" fan is the ultimate insult. I has season tickets and was at the game in Gainesville when UF beat the Trojans in 1982. Were you at the return game in LA in 1983?

You stated that USC had eight (8) loses record on the road…. Can you tell me when Fla has played 8 games on the road outside of the state of Fla??? Didn't think so.
Wow 1 bowl loss

Are you actually reading the post? Didn't think so.

USC has lost 17 times to teams that didn't end the season with a winning record. 8 were away, 8 were at home and one loss was in a Bowl Game. UF has lost to ONE team that didn't have a winning record (2004 Lost to 3-8 Miss St AWAY and it cost our coach his job). In addition UF lost ONE game to FCS 7-4 Ga Southern (It SHOULD have cost the coach his job!).

College Football Trivia

Don't know where you get your stats, but they suck!!:L

They only suck if you're USC.
College Football Trivia
UF has played 16 MORE AP Top 10 teams than USC
UF has played 32 MORE AP Top 25 teams than USC
UF has played 20 MORE teams with D1A winning records than USC
UF has played 14 MORE Bowl teams than USC

College Football Trivia
USC has played 15 MORE major teams than UF ....but...
UF has played 18 MORE major teams with D1A winning records than USC

Of the 194 major opponents played by USC only 97 had winning records.
Of the 169 major opponents played by UF only 115 had winning records.

Finally, as far as UF traveling...

In games played by UF AWAY and at NEUTRAL SITE games (in other words, Games played anywhere BUT Gainesville) UF has played 33 AP Top 10 teams and 58 AP ranked teams.

In games played by USC ANYWHERE (in other words, home, away, and neutral site combined) USC has played only 27 AP Top 10 teams and 54 AP ranked teams.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you say with all honesty and sincerity you believe Boise St is a better team/program (I'll use this year and a 5 - 5 record against these teams as a barometer) than Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St., LSU, Florida St., Stanford, Oregon etc. and the top 15 big budget type teams? Not talking one game where Boise has its best team in history against a big budget team having a so so year! Note, my 5-5 record as a measuring stick. Boise's good record against trash has got you blinded my friend! Please don't throw out those 4 or 5 AQ wins over a 6 or 7 year period as your evidence. Now go find that template response and copy and paste it for us all to read. Sounds like you're of the belief everyone else should drop down instead of Boise step up? Thank you for playing!

No, this year, Boise wasn't good at all. But, for the sake of argument, take the 2009 team that went undefeated. Could they have beaten those top teams you listed? Actually they did, dismantling Oregon and holding them to a single score in a game that they vaunted Duck offense didn't get a first down until halfway through the 3rd quarter. This same Oregon team went to the Rose Bowl. The 2010 TCU team beat Wisconsin. The 2008 Utah team beat Alabama. So there is ample evidence to say that in a given year, one of these schools can indeed be good enough. But we'll never know, will we? The whole point of a sport is to give everyone a fair chance. In basketball, every year we get a Butler, Davidson, Gonzaga, or some other low budget team that makes a big run, even makes the final game. This is true in every sport on earth, except one: college football. Everyone is so convinced of pedigree and budget instead of talent and record that it is virtually impossible to even find out whether or not Cinderella is worthy of the Prince.

The fact is that all of the top schools only play their conference slates which include any number of easy games plus a non-conference slate that loads up on home games against easy marks. So even the best schools will only play half of their games against top competition.

So how is a team like Boise any different?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, this year, Boise wasn't good at all. But, for the sake of argument, take the 2009 team that went undefeated. Could they have beaten those top teams you listed? Actually they did, dismantling Oregon and holding them to a single score in a game that they vaunted Duck offense didn't get a first down until halfway through the 3rd quarter. This same Oregon team went to the Rose Bowl. The 2010 TCU team beat Wisconsin. The 2008 Utah team beat Alabama. So there is ample evidence to say that in a given year, one of these schools can indeed be good enough. But we'll never know, will we? The whole point of a sport is to give everyone a fair chance. In basketball, every year we get a Butler, Davidson, Gonzaga, or some other low budget team that makes a big run, even makes the final game. This is true in every sport on earth, except one: college football. Everyone is so convinced of pedigree and budget instead of talent and record that it is virtually impossible to even find out whether or not Cinderella is worthy of the Prince.

The fact is that all of the top schools only play their conference slates which include any number of easy games plus a non-conference slate that loads up on home games against easy marks. So even the best schools will only play half of their games against top competition.

So how is a team like Boise any different?

When TCU and Utah started playing in a real conferance every week they started losing. Neither made a bowl this year.