• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 QBs at this point

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't expect to see Dak up there. I think he is great, but has a 9 game resume. I think he needs a full year at least, and preferably 2 before I start saying he is at the top. Around 10-12 would be a good spot to have him, just outside the 10 best in the league.
I think we are talking about this Year only. Not career or overall.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate ranking guys based on the first half. How many times have we seen guys in this league come out of the chute flying only to fade down the back stretch while others who look just "meh" turn it on around Thanksgiving and lead their team into the play-offs.
All the MVP front-runners have looked great but some guys have proven track records while the younger guys still have to prove they are more than just the team in front of them. And still others need to overcome past failures to show they are indeed, worthy of being considered, one of the best in the game.

Honestly, MVp should be just for this year though. So who cares if you have a track record?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Top 3 for MVP right now:
1)Ryan
2)Murray
3)Brady
4)Carr

Tough to give it to a rookie like Dak and Elliot. If Elliot was blowing away all other RBs then maybe but playing with the best Oline helps. Now if he has a year like this next year then both will be in talks. I just dont see NFL giving it to a rookie unless they are blowing away the competition.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)Ryan
2)Murray
3)Brady
4)Carr

Tough to give it to a rookie like Dak and Elliot. If Elliot was blowing away all other RBs then maybe but playing with the best Oline helps. Now if he has a year like this next year then both will be in talks. I just dont see NFL giving it to a rookie unless they are blowing away the competition.

Murray who? DeMarco? Elliott deserves it more than Murray does.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, MVp should be just for this year though. So who cares if you have a track record?
I didn't mean that for voting for MVP, sorry about that. I merely meant that for the hype for the first half for some of these guys and that we need more of a wait and see approach to it for guys that haven't been in this position before. For example, I'm pretty positive Brady and Brees and Rodgers will play well but I have no idea if Carr will continue that stellar play. I hope he proves me wrong. I like the kid and love watching him play. Matt Ryan, on the other hand, is a really good QB but has to show us all something down the stretch run. He has looked really good in the past only to be somewhat less than spectacular come December. That was the point of track record. The real football season is just beginning, imo.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Too often Brady gets mentioned just because of his career.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can sign off on that although I think he's better than Dalton. Dalton has regressed a little this season.
He has regressed a little but the Bengals as a whole have regressed. Still averaging 8 yards an attempt but he is taking too many sacks and not throwing enough TDs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray who? DeMarco? Elliott deserves it more than Murray does.
I dont think so. U see what he has done on Tenn. Tenn is in the playoff race he is #2 right behind Elliot in yards and All purpose yards. He is playing behind a much worse Oline. Im very impressed by him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)Ryan
2)Murray
3)Brady
4)Carr

Why would Tom Brady be listed ahead a Carr, a QB who has actually been great in leading his team to a 7-2 record?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philip Rivers has no business in the top 5, especially after this weekend.

Yoftt0D5YiTIBlLkG4DfnVnMCgBkTebuRpxoPLo3dAk.png

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should post my top 10 for the season.

1. - Tom Brady - Bit of a tough game on Sunday but still played really well. Was perfect before that
2. - Matt Ryan - I fully expect him to regress but so far he has been really good. This past Sunday was a warning sign
3. Derek Carr - I think he has played really well this year and carried that team.
4. Matt Stafford - Another Matt Ryan type who often starts well and fades in the 2nd half but he certainly has played well so far. 5 game winning drives already this season.
5. Russ Wilson - Playing behind one of the worst OLs in football(their starting LT is a rookie who played basketball in college) and no running game, he has still performed well and is a crucial reason why they are 6-2-1
6 - Drew Brees - Big numbers as always but he has thrown some bad picks
7 - Dak Prescott - Greatly helped by a monster OL and great running game but he's made some big plays this season
8 - Aaron Rodgers - Clearly not his dominant self but he is still putting good numbers.
9 - Andrew Luck - Playing reasonably well for a not very good team. Still makes a lot of bad mistakes.
10 - Marcus Mariota - Playing surprisingly well for a team with not a lot of great weapons.

Honestly 8-10 is interchangeable and I feel you could make an argument to throw Rivers or Tannehill or Big Ben in any of those spots. IMO, Ben drops down due to injury and the fact that the Steelers are about as loaded at skill positions as you can get but have been inconsistent.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has regressed a little but the Bengals as a whole have regressed. Still averaging 8 yards an attempt but he is taking too many sacks and not throwing enough TDs.

Well, l I think a lot of guys could average 8ypa throwing the ball to AJ Green......he's a straight beast.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Tom Brady be listed ahead a Carr, a QB who has actually been great in leading his team to a 7-2 record?

Brady has an absurd 125 passer rating.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year Only
1)Tom Brady
2)Matt Ryan
3)David Carr
4)Dak Prescott
5)Eli Manning
6)Marcus Mariota
7)Stafford
8)Wilson
9)Brees
10)Big Ben

This...I might move them around a little, (Brady has been great, but missing games should count against you a little) but the 10 I agree with.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has an absurd 125 passer rating.

You applied a lot of disclaimers for your list, for a lot of QB's

Id like to apply some for Tom Brady

In his absence, his team went 3-1, and I think we all agree, it would have been 4-0 if his backup hadn't also been unavailable

Brady has compiled his great numbers, and they are great, against the Browns, Bengals, Steelers and Bills.....Roughly a whos' who of terrible defenses

In his only stiff test thus far this season, this past Sunday night, he looked as sub-par as they come

Just saying, respectfully agree to dis-agree

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Stafford not getting enough love in this thread, based only on this season

I was going to contribute my opinion, but more than half the people in here don't even have Matt Stafford on their list. No point in my even arguing with people like that.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should post my top 10 for the season.

1. - Tom Brady - Bit of a tough game on Sunday but still played really well. Was perfect before that
2. - Matt Ryan - I fully expect him to regress but so far he has been really good. This past Sunday was a warning sign
3. Derek Carr - I think he has played really well this year and carried that team.
4. Matt Stafford - Another Matt Ryan type who often starts well and fades in the 2nd half but he certainly has played well so far. 5 game winning drives already this season.
5. Russ Wilson - Playing behind one of the worst OLs in football(their starting LT is a rookie who played basketball in college) and no running game, he has still performed well and is a crucial reason why they are 6-2-1
6 - Drew Brees - Big numbers as always but he has thrown some bad picks
7 - Dak Prescott - Greatly helped by a monster OL and great running game but he's made some big plays this season
8 - Aaron Rodgers - Clearly not his dominant self but he is still putting good numbers.
9 - Andrew Luck - Playing reasonably well for a not very good team. Still makes a lot of bad mistakes.
10 - Marcus Mariota - Playing surprisingly well for a team with not a lot of great weapons.

Honestly 8-10 is interchangeable and I feel you could make an argument to throw Rivers or Tannehill or Big Ben in any of those spots. IMO, Ben drops down due to injury and the fact that the Steelers are about as loaded at skill positions as you can get but have been inconsistent.
I'm not sure why Luck would be in anyone's top 10 this year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, respectfully agree to dis-agree

I get your point. It's reasonable. I'm not fan of Brady. But he has been exceptional so far this year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why Luck would be in anyone's top 10 this year.

More of a lack of viable alternatives. I feel pretty good with the top 7. After that there are a bunch of guys grouped together.