• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony McDaniel

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see any mention of this in another thread, but it could have been posted by someone that I've blocked or I just missed it. If so, I apologize for the repeat thread.

Anyway... around dinner time yesterday, reports went around that the Seahawks will be re-signing Tony McDaniel, if they haven't already. This would be a serious boost for the defensive line and help plug any leaks in the run defense. He was only let go before last season for cap purposes, so it makes sense that they'd want to scoop him up to recover some of the depth they've lost thanks to injuries on the defensive line and that he'd want to come back. It'll be good having him, Bennett and Avril on the same line again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they signed him and i agree with you if this is true, this is a solid pick up. If he doesn't pan out oh well but with Depth becoming an issue on the Dline i like the pick-up. If he can capture any of his 2013-2014 ability then it's a score for us. He knows the system and player and fans here really liked the guy.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another case where the guys leave a system that they are successful in, only to fade in their new environment. Can't blame them for chasing the money but you see this time and time again,

Glad he is back and hope he returns to form. It would be solid boost to our DL as he fits the run stopping DT profile that we need.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another case where the guys leave a system that they are successful in, only to fade in their new environment. Can't blame them for chasing the money but you see this time and time again,

Glad he is back and hope he returns to form. It would be solid boost to our DL as he fits the run stopping DT profile that we need.
Agreed. Stopping the run should be and I think is in the front of the mind of our D.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't really have a choice in leaving, though. He was a cap casualty so we could get a couple of our big money deals done.

I am looking forward to seeing him back in Seahawks blue helping out the run defense.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the Seahawks are still adding DL players. Guess you can never have too much depth. He's 31 though, so I'm not sure he can as effective as he once was for the Seahawks. Still it ramps up the "always compete " factor and that's a good thing.
Seems like a lot of ex Seahawks have been finding their way back to the Seahawks this year. I think with such a young team, that Pete feels adding these ex players will help bring along the young guys. Hopefully that is what happens.
Going to be interesting to see how the roster shakes out, when the regular season starts.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the Seahawks are still adding DL players. Guess you can never have too much depth. He's 31 though, so I'm not sure he can as effective as he once was for the Seahawks. Still it ramps up the "always compete " factor and that's a good thing.
Seems like a lot of ex Seahawks have been finding their way back to the Seahawks this year. I think with such a young team, that Pete feels adding these ex players will help bring along the young guys. Hopefully that is what happens.
Going to be interesting to see how the roster shakes out, when the regular season starts.

Injuries had a lot to do with this signing.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Wasn't happy when he left a year ago, so I'm glad he's back. Tough, physical player in the middle who fits well with the other pieces on the DL.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniel looked like the old McDaniel to me today. Run Defense was MUCH better and i think he had a lot to do with it.