• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Off Season Entertainment

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to Money for Nothing now and I hear some really good guitar work and then mostly meh. But in 85 it blew up. THAT describes most of the popular music of the 80's and good or bad, pop is closely tied to the culture of a period.
Knopfler's guitar work is fantastic.
Best guitar intro ever.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not

Even

Close

I agree with your comment, but probably not the way you meant. I hear Zevon in that song but I hear a song he was paid to sing, like an endorsement deal. We Got the Beat fit it's scene.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone gives a hoot.

There is a four part series that will be introduced on cable this month.

My Life As A Rolling Stone

I've seen the ad twice and cannot for the life of me remember the channel/network (Paramount??) that's showing it.

Haven't seen any pre-showing reviews. Since they're all my age and from my youth, I'll be watching every episode.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point was shit like the GoGos weren't cutting it.
Not at all for you, mostly not for me, but for many others it totally was, hence (we complete the circle) they are in the RR HOF.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your comment, but probably not the way you meant. I hear Zevon in that song but I hear a song he was paid to sing, like an endorsement deal. We Got the Beat fit it's scene.
Sure.
Doesn't mean it's a better song.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never like to be as definitive as "Best Ever", but damn I can't think of one better... But the lyrics and gimmicks drag the rest of it down to just mostly a novelty.
It stood the test of time far better than Belinda and the gangs songs though.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen the ad twice and cannot for the life of me remember the channel/network (Paramount??) that's showing it.

Haven't seen any pre-showing reviews. Since they're all my age and from my youth, I'll be watching every episode.
Epix

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got to see them FINALLY last fall.

My sister and brother in law came down to visit and on their second night here we went to Nashville "to hear some music"
They had no idea the Stones were playing. Zero. My son either.
My son figured it out but kept quiet.
We were actually in Nissan stadium (Home of the Titans) surrounded by tongue T shirts when my brother in law said "Are we at a Rolling Stones Concert?"

Being able to share that surprise joy...one of the best nights of my life.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all for you, mostly not for me, but for many others it totally was, hence (we complete the circle) they are in the RR HOF.
Isn't Namath in the Pro Football HOF take a good look at his numbers

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an aside to music.

Went to the movies last night. I have an Epic Theatres multiplex about two miles from my house.

Saw Brad Pitts' new movie, Bullet Train. I actually rode the Bullet from Yakuska to Nagasaki in 1971. Took two days liberty and went to see the "Honored Grounds" where they have left things untouched since the bomb was dropped and to the museums. Took it back too. Couldn't believe how smooth it was.

The movie.. Stupid plot but I laughed through the entire movie. It's a literal non-stop action and comedic fights. Well worth the $8.83 Senior Ticket. If you haven't got a thing to do, you'll get a kick out watching this one.

Two weeks ago, I went to see Top Gun Maverick. I'm going to see it again at an IMAX. F-16 flight scenes are incredible and not one is computer generated. I got to front seat an F-4 because a pilot needed to get air time for his flight pay. Had my crew wings, just needed to get altitude air qualified in about ten minutes and went up over San Francisco for about 40 minutes. He let me take the stick for 20 seconds over the Pacific at 20,000 feet. It was a trip, but nothing like these newer Mach3 rockets.