• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Convicted Tom Brady.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BRADY INCRIMINATES HIMSELF WITH ACTIONS

Brady Incriminates Himself With Actions | RealClearSports

Most impartial readers found that the Wells Report provided clear-cut evidence (from interviews, phone and electronic communications, and scientific study) that New England Patriots locker room attendant Jim McNally deflated footballs used by the Patriots in the AFL Championship Game to less than the allowed lower limit of 12.5 PSI. Wells also concluded that it was “… more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities.”

However, the evidence against Brady (as opposed to that against McNally and equipment assistant John Jastremski) was tenuous - until Brady incriminated himself with his own behavior.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people would presume that low-level employees would not risk their own necks without approval from above. However, there’s enough ambiguity there that suspending Brady on presumptive grounds alone would have been rather shaky.

But then Tom Brady shot HIMSELF in the foot.

If he had told the investigators, “Yes, I know Jim McNally, and I told him and Jastremski that I like footballs at 12.5 PSI but I had no idea that they deflated the footballs below that,” and turned over his phone and electronic material (which, if he spoke truthfully, would provide no incriminating evidence), there’d have been no real case against him.

Instead, Brady lied about knowing McNally and his responsibilities, and other related matters. He obstructed the investigation by refusing to turn over documents and electronic information (including texts and emails). That should not be taken lightly:

Jurors and investigators may draw compelling inferences of guilt from conduct (for example, flight from a crime scene).

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had a chance to make amends after the report was issued. He could have offered a mea culpa, stating that he had lied and obstructed because (insert plausible reason) but that he had done nothing else wrong. Plausible explanations (other than attempting to hide his guilt) would have made Brady’s behavior less or non-incriminating.

But he didn’t come forth, prompting the obvious conclusion that he had no reasonable alternative explanation for his conduct.

Could Brady have been concerned about releasing embarrassing extraneous material to the investigators? No, because the report notes that “… those requests (for texts, emails and phone records) were limited to the subject matter of our investigation … and we offered to allow Brady’s counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive materials.”

That leaves his refusal to turn over the requested material as compelling evidence of guilt. Similarly, there’s no plausible benign explanation for his lies.

Tom Brady provided the strongest evidence against Tom Brady.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 rules

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in exactly how the below would work. This was the reason I was OK with him not turning over his phone. Maybe he is cheating on his wife and doesn't want anyone to know?

Could Brady have been concerned about releasing embarrassing extraneous material to the investigators? No, because the report notes that “… those requests (for texts, emails and phone records) were limited to the subject matter of our investigation … and we offered to allow Brady’s counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive materials.”

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in exactly how the below would work. This was the reason I was OK with him not turning over his phone. Maybe he is cheating on his wife and doesn't want anyone to know?

thats been known for some time.

there are references to other women and hes married. a lot of 'omitted out of respect to mrs so and so".

why is my local radio so far ahead of everyone else?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

questions being, if you were not compelled by law to turn over your phone would you? Especially to someone with the reputation of Ted Wells. In the circles Brady travels I'm sure he has a lot of sensitive information in his phone and the fact that he's a players rep I'd imagine he has some interesting information from players that should not be turned over and made known.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats been known for some time.

there are references to other women and hes married. a lot of 'omitted out of respect to mrs so and so".

why is my local radio so far ahead of everyone else?

So Brady is a cheater in more ways than one???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
questions being, if you were not compelled by law to turn over your phone would you? Especially to someone with the reputation of Ted Wells. In the circles Brady travels I'm sure he has a lot of sensitive information in his phone and the fact that he's a players rep I'd imagine he has some interesting information from players that should not be turned over and made known.

Personally I probably would not, but I guess you need to be the one on the hot seat to say for sure...

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They weren't asking him about that.

They asked Brady's lawyers to turn over the relevant texts and emails.

Like Hillary even did allegedly.

She turned over 55 K emails.

Didn't turn over 30 K emails.

The NFL only wanted info related to deflating balls.

Which Brady's lawyers could have provided. Same as Hillary's lawyers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're 'question' was retarded.

Funny coming from a guy that loses every argument he takes on because he is either not smart enough or objective enough to see reality. So explain to me how I misinterpreted your comment?

So does Brady win his appeal?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky must be low on caffeine this early in the morning

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't asking him about that.

They asked Brady's lawyers to turn over the relevant texts and emails.

Like Hillary even did allegedly.

She turned over 55 K emails.

Didn't turn over 30 K emails.

The NFL only wanted info related to deflating balls.

Which Brady's lawyers could have provided. Same as Hillary's lawyers.

That's true, but they were skeptical that Wells would accept whatever they turned over and then Wells would have a better case for demanding the phone be turned over which was not going to happen, so they decided to give them nothing. Maybe had the league actually hired a true 'independent investigator' this whole mess could have been avoided from the get-go.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny coming from a guy that loses every argument he takes on because he is either not smart enough or objective enough to see reality. So explain to me how I misinterpreted your comment?

So does Brady win his appeal?
"not smart enough"

lol

you snapped right into a brady comment, when it was clearly about the assistant.

crytsal.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Favre turn over his cell phone when that hottie said she had pics of his johnson?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"not smart enough"

lol

you snapped right into a brady comment, when it was clearly about the assistant.

crytsal.

Really dumbass??? I brought it up and said maybe he (AS IN BRADY) was cheating on his wife and didn't want anyone to know. This is what I pasted and you never mentioned a name. If you assumed I was talking about an Asst, that's your problem. But it was CLEARLY about an asst???

"Could Brady have been concerned about releasing embarrassing extraneous material to the investigators? No, because the report notes that “… those requests (for texts, emails and phone records) were limited to the subject matter of our investigation … and we offered to allow Brady’s counsel to screen and control the production so that it would be limited strictly to responsive materials.”

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Favre turn over his cell phone when that hottie said she had pics of his johnson?

I don't recall. But I heard Favre interviewed recently.

He said he can pick up a ball and immediately know if it's low, high, or within regulation. In a second. Within an ounce.

But Favre is a stud and one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game.