• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFC East Thread v. 1.0

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media just refuses to let some things go away:

Jerry Jones' son 'snatched' Johnny Manziel from Cowboys ... literally - NFL - Sporting News

You all wanted the Cowboys to select Johnny Manziel in the first round of this year's NFL Draft, according to Twitter's trending topics feature. They took tackle Zach Martin, instead. Thanks a lot, Jerry.
Correction: Thanks a lot, Jerry's son.

Stephen Jones, owner Jerry Jones' son and the Cowboys' executive vice president, prevented his father from drafting Johnny Football, according to a new book, "Manziel Mania," written by Jim Dent.
The Dallas Morning News pulled a very interesting excerpt from the publication:
"I could just see Jones grabbing Manziel with the 16th choice of the first round. I wrote a book about Jerry Jones in 1995 titled 'King of the Cowboys.' I know the Boss Hog. I knew that Jones' hands were shaking when the Cowboys went on the clock with Manziel still on the board. I could envision Jones scribbling the name of Johnny Manziel on the draft card. Indeed, all of these things happened.
"As it turned out, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones had snatched the Manziel card straight out of his dad’s hand. Otherwise, Jerry would have drafted him and JFF would have sat for at least three years behind Tony Romo."
Johnny Manziel backing up Tony Romo for the Dallas Cowboys: Imagine that. Because, you know, there isn't enough quarterback scrutiny in Big D as it is.
Jerry Jones wasn't kidding last month when he explained (multiple times) his temptation for the league's most polarizing rookie.
"I want you to know that almost as I was handing in the card, it was that close to putting that Manziel card in. It was that close," Jones said at that point. "I looked over to my son, Stephen, our chief executive officer, and I said ‘I took the right pick.’ … He was the top player by three players on our board at the time that we were sitting there looking at him."
Either somebody's lying or Jerry Jones left out a fairly significant portion of the story

Dent's lying. Video from the Cowboys war room proved the story was a complete fabrication. There was never a card, and Stephen certainly never snatched anything out of Jerry's hand

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say that when we have a winning football team! :gaah: I got a good edumication htere thow. :L

I don't see that happening. Basketball is obviously the school's niche. I have a daughter that just graduated there. What a great senior year it turned out to be for her. My son is a Kansas alum. Same situation. Basketball or nothing. :lol:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously who else is cheering for the Cleveland Browns tonight?
I know its pre season, but gosh darn any time to watch the "foreskins" take another lose, well it's just so sweet!

A big shout out to Johnny. Classy way to tell the fans that you think you are No. 1. :nono:

:finger:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I don't think Griffin makes it a full season this year.....
He just doesn't look comfortable out there....

Smdh, never seen such an amazing athlete who looks so awkward when it comes to sliding gracefully. Or using the sidelines as his friend, instead of an opportunity to get an extra yard and some punishing hits :L

Dude has no fear and I don't say that as something to endlessly admire. You can be too competitive at times. Gotta have some fear or you make idiotic decisions. Good thing is, the athleticism is back and there's been improvement in other areas. Some progressions to 2nd and 3rd reads, a few sweet passes. Gonna have to be patient, lot of new stuff he's working on.

All in all a mixed bag from what I saw from Griff last nite, but that's what preseason is all about.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big shout out to Johnny. Classy way to tell the fans that you think you are No. 1. :nono:

:finger:

Now I'm not gonna get up on my soap box and defend Johnny, but he was in DC, I can think of a few folks in DC I wouldn't mind giving the finger too....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFF = Johnny Fucking Finger. I get it now. :lol:

Exactly :nod: Hahahahahahaha!

Now I'm not gonna get up on my soap box and defend Johnny, but he was in DC, I can think of a few folks in DC I wouldn't mind giving the finger too....

LOL. Ya better not be referencing moi :D

Now Capitol Hill...I'm all in...

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that would be your right, if not your patriotic duty.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha! :finger:

two things from last night. 1. Redskins defense is much better than Dallas. 2. they aren't gonna scare anybody.

If you're talking about our O, I don't agree at all.

If the skins gel, the O will scare teams. A lot of weapons and a legit running game. And I was pleasantly surprised by our O against the 1s for Browns D, which is legit.

Good test that was encouraging. Now red zone productivity and TOs, not so good.

But it's preseason, can only judge so much.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the skins gel, the O will scare teams.

All right lets be open about this cause your leaving your comment open ended.

I believe for the Skins offense to be good it starts with the OL, you said it, Browns front seven are gonna be good this season, ( Sorry Browns haters) they pressured Griffin pretty darn good forcing him out of the pocket a few times. Running game, again stable full of no name backs, but given the blocking, heck they can get it done. WR's yes adding Jax opens a ton of the field, but with an OL that can pick up the blocks, and ( Not hating talking from experince) a WR that has a huge history of getting hurt, there is a lot of ???? in DC...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the skins gel, the O will scare teams. A lot of weapons and a legit running game. And I was pleasantly surprised by our O against the 1s for Browns D, which is legit.

Good test that was encouraging. Now red zone productivity and TOs, not so good.

But it's preseason, can only judge so much.

I saw a lot more from Romo and the first team against Baltimore's first team defense, who are no defensive slouches in their own right, than I did last night. Just sayin'! Unfortunately for Dallas the games include playing defense. :L

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right lets be open about this cause your leaving your comment open ended.

I believe for the Skins offense to be good it starts with the OL, you said it, Browns front seven are gonna be good this season, ( Sorry Browns haters) they pressured Griffin pretty darn good forcing him out of the pocket a few times. Running game, again stable full of no name backs, but given the blocking, heck they can get it done. WR's yes adding Jax opens a ton of the field, but with an OL that can pick up the blocks, and ( Not hating talking from experince) a WR that has a huge history of getting hurt, there is a lot of ???? in DC...

I've said multiple times elsewhere that for any team to be great, it all starts in the TRENCHES. And the Oline is something I've mentioned as a HUGE ? This year. Don't forget skins are still recovering from our 36 million dollar cap penalty, we weren't able to address the Oline as much as we would liked this year.

That said, I'm liking the left side with the addition of Lavaou and our stud TWilliams. Gotta get better with the other 3, hopefully game planning will help... Also in the wings are our rooks this year Moses and Long who are coming along nicely and hopefully will be able to contribute significantly eventually.

And LMAO, no name stable of RBs? Hahahahahahhaha! What the fuck is Alfred Morris????? Just because he is a classy humble dude who doesn't waste time comparing his abilities to AP like Shady you dismiss him... Go on underestimate our no names, cuz outside of shady we have a hell of a lot more depth in that postion than y'all...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a lot more from Romo and the first team against Baltimore's first team defense, who are no defensive slouches in their own right, than I did last night. Just sayin'! Unfortunately for Dallas the games include playing defense. :L

Heater plz :duck:

I grant ya, y'all have a proven O that can put up numbers on the scoreboard.

But this is a new year. Any given Sunday.

If the skins O comes together, it is gonna be way more lethal. Way more weapons. Better potential WR corps and a stud TE - if he can stay healthy- and FB,(no matter y'all have Dez and Witten) if they all get on the same page. First, we ACTUALLY have an excellent running game going for us, at minimum....

Course I do admit these are some big IFs

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said multiple times elsewhere that for any team to be great, it all starts in the TRENCHES. And the Oline is something I've mentioned as a HUGE ? This year. Don't forget skins are still recovering from our 36 million dollar cap penalty, we weren't able to address the Oline as much as we would liked this year.

That said, I'm liking the left side with the addition of Lavaou and our stud TWilliams. Gotta get better with the other 3, hopefully game planning will help... Also in the wings are our rooks this year Moses and Long who are coming along nicely and hopefully will be able to contribute significantly eventually.

And LMAO, no name stable of RBs? Hahahahahahhaha! What the fuck is Alfred Morris????? Just because he is a classy humble dude who doesn't waste time comparing his abilities to AP like Shady you dismiss him... Go on underestimate our no names, cuz outside of shady we have a hell of a lot more depth in that postion than y'all...

Simmer down there pale face, I wasn't ragging nor taken a shot at the Skins backs, Morris is a great back but does get the media attention say as much as Shady and AP, and there is nothing wrong with that, and I like Seabeck ( did I get his name right?) the guy is really shifty, different runner then Morris, and that's a good thing to have....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer down there pale face, I wasn't ragging nor taken a shot at the Skins backs, Morris is a great back but does get the media attention say as much as Shady and AP, and there is nothing wrong with that, and I like Seabeck ( did I get his name right?) the guy is really shifty, different runner then Morris, and that's a good thing to have....

Deep breaths taken, hair re combed and resettled and defensive crane position dialed down....:D

Here's my assessment of our no name RBs and why I think we have some depth at this position...

Al Mo (power back, still having issues with catching)
Helu (great third down back, surest hands of the stable)
Chris Thompson (injury prone seems like which is too bad cuz he seems like the closest fit to Helu...)
Evan Royster (power back, decent blocker, ok hands, inconsistent)
Silas Redd (power back, better with blocking but issues with catching)
Lache Seastrunk (shifty and elusive, raw in terms of pass blocking and issues with catching)

FB
Darrell Young ( best in the league IMO! Incredible blocker, can also catch and be a RB if needed. Dude is totally underrated. Half AL Mos best runs are led by blocking from DY)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep breaths taken, hair re combed and resettled and defensive crane position dialed down....:D

Here's my assessment of our no name RBs and why I think we have some depth at this position...

Al Mo (power back, still having issues with catching)
Helu (great third down back, surest hands of the stable)
Chris Thompson (injury prone seems like which is too bad cuz he seems like the closest fit to Helu...)
Evan Royster (power back, decent blocker, ok hands, inconsistent)
Silas Redd (power back, better with blocking but issues with catching)
Lache Seastrunk (shifty and elusive, raw in terms of pass blocking and issues with catching)

FB
Darrell Young ( best in the league IMO! Incredible blocker, can also catch and be a RB if needed. Dude is totally underrated. Half AL Mos best runs are led by blocking from DY)

Good nice and calm now...

You want the darkhorse out that group? Silas Redd, I watched his college career at SC, if he can stay healthy I'm telling you he will be outstanding....

slapshot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Redskin fan since birth, and since I've lived in Cleveland for the last 26 years I root for the Browns too. Both defenses looked very good at times last night. Offenses not so much. I still believe that RG III, while talented as hell, tries to do too much on every play. Needs to exercise better judgment consistently. Will he? I hope so and think he might. Browns have a lot of offensive questions. I think I'd stop all the guessing games, name Hoyer as the starter and tell Johnny when he gets out of the 4th grade and acts like a big boy he'll get his chance. Manziel has talent and a lot of it. But he acts like he's about 11 years old at recess. Grow up. :lol: