• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFC East Thread v. 1.0

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to discuss the greatest division in the NFL, the most successful and definitely the most knowledgeable fanbases.

Try to keep it light and fun, insightful and positive, and light trolling is ok as long as you knock it off after a couple of posts. No long running feuds, please :suds:

If other divisions want one of these to chat, and likely do game day commentary, feel free to start one. If this thread sucks and goes dead, then sue me :whistle:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done Fordman. Great idea for the division thread :suds:
HTTR

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are the team to beat at 9-7, right?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-7 record should give you a legit chance to win the division going into week 17

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-7 record should give you a legit chance to win the division going into week 17

Funny how things rarely work out like they seem so far ahead of time.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rest of the division looking at sub .500 records? Yes, that sounds about right.

I was a little flippant in predicting that 9-7 wins the division, but I actually think that the Eagles might be pretty good. Biggest question to me is how to make up for the loss of DJax. I realize, of course, that there are probably far more important issues.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little flippant in predicting that 9-7 wins the division, but I actually think that the Eagles might be pretty good. Biggest question to me is how to make up for the loss of DJax. I realize, of course, that there are probably far more important issues.

I sensed the sarcasm. Just happens to at this point, look more like the truth than anything else.

Skins fans hate to hear it. And it's not popular opinion. But the fact is Jackson will not be that big of a loss. Is he one of the most dynamic playmakers in the league? Sure. Is he a top WR? Not really.

If you can get the ball in his hands he's dangerous as hell. The problem is getting it there. He's too small to go over the middle consistently. He quits.

I'm not trying to down play him but 85% of his stats came in the first 4 games last year. After Vick was replaced he disappeared. He was an addition by subtraction getting someone out of the locker room who isn't all in.

And the stuff about him pulling safties is a myth. He literally did none of that after about game 6 last season.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you spelled North wrong

Niiiiiiiice try DyhArd...lmao

I sensed the sarcasm. Just happens to at this point, look more like the truth than anything else.

Skins fans hate to hear it. And it's not popular opinion. But the fact is Jackson will not be that big of a loss. Is he one of the most dynamic playmakers in the league? Sure. Is he a top WR? Not really.

If you can get the ball in his hands he's dangerous as hell. The problem is getting it there. He's too small to go over the middle consistently. He quits.

I'm not trying to down play him but 85% of his stats came in the first 4 games last year. After Vick was replaced he disappeared. He was an addition by subtraction getting someone out of the locker room who isn't all in.

And the stuff about him pulling safties is a myth. He literally did none of that after about game 6 last season.

DJax will stretch the field for the skins offense and open up coverage on other options for Griff. If he does that alone, I will be thrilled. Our leading go to guy is Garçon and should/will remain so. Roberts and Reed will both benefit from having Desean in the line up. That's how he will help... Hopefully :hope:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THRILLED to have a NFCE thread! Was going to start one myself closer to the season but, 'why not us?' And 'why not now....' :D

Thanks Ford!!!:10:

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niiiiiiiice try DyhArd...lmao

DJax will stretch the field for the skins offense and open up coverage on other options for Griff. If he does that alone, I will be thrilled. Our leading go to guy is Garçon and should/will remain so. Roberts and Reed will both benefit from having Desean in the line up. That's how he will help... Hopefully :hope:

He should stretch the field. But what he should do and will do are not always the same. I don't want to seem like a Desean basher. I like the guy. He did alot of great community work and alot of the stuff about his personal life was blown out of proportion. But it doesn't change the fact that once he loses interest, he checks out.

Him and Garcon on the same field should be interesting for Washington's offense. Especially if rgME learns to not rely quite so heavily on the run after first option. But they sure have done a mighty fine job of collecting selfish players and that usually doesn't work out so well.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should stretch the field. But what he should do and will do are not always the same. I don't want to seem like a Desean basher. I like the guy. He did alot of great community work and alot of the stuff about his personal life was blown out of proportion. But it doesn't change the fact that once he loses interest, he checks out.

Him and Garcon on the same field should be interesting for Washington's offense. Especially if rgME learns to not rely quite so heavily on the run after first option. But they sure have done a mighty fine job of collecting selfish players and that usually doesn't work out so well.

RgMe... :nono: Ha! K, I'll give ya my guy does have a need to be liked and a propensity for social media when perhaps it would be smarter to be a bit more reserved, but the dudes a fierce competitor, a talented athlete with incredible potential and I truly believe a lot of the negative press is a function of the spotlight on the QB position within the DC media and the tasty story pieces that surrounded the 'story of Griff' - the amazing last year at Baylor, the ridiculous rookie year in the NFL, the injury, the rehab, his youth, his need to be liked....yada yada. Call me a homer, but I think we'll see growth and maturity out of him this upcoming year... given health, of course.

I may be one of the few skins fans that wasn't thrilled initially with the DJax pick up. But he is now a skin and I root for my team to succeed and any of the individual players that play for it. As long as I see effort on the field, that's all I'll care about.

My expectations for him are only for him to hopefully get a chance to make a clean fresh start and stretch the field for the offense as I previously stated. Pretty minimum expectations really.

As for the skins doing a mighty fine job collecting selfish players...lol. Nice try...Guess we'll just have to see, but I think your dead wrong on this one. Things have changed since a few years ago. We have begun to build depth, we haven't hit enough of the trenches yet but by next year, now that we are no longer hampered by the bull shit cap penalty, things will begin to look a lot different...Time will tell who is right ... Hail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RgMe... :nono: Ha! K, I'll give ya my guy does have a need to be liked and a propensity for social media when perhaps it would be smarter to be a bit more reserved, but the dudes a fierce competitor, a talented athlete with incredible potential and I truly believe a lot of the negative press is a function of the spotlight on the QB position within the DC media and the tasty story pieces that surrounded the 'story of Griff' - the amazing last year at Baylor, the ridiculous rookie year in the NFL, the injury, the rehab, his youth, his need to be liked....yada yada. Call me a homer, but I think we'll see growth and maturity out of him this upcoming year... given health, of course.

I may be one of the few skins fans that wasn't thrilled initially with the DJax pick up. But he is now a skin and I root for my team to succeed and any of the individual players that play for it. As long as I see effort on the field, that's all I'll care about.

My expectations for him are only for him to hopefully get a chance to make a clean fresh start and stretch the field for the offense as I previously stated. Pretty minimum expectations really.

As for the skins doing a mighty fine job collecting selfish players...lol. Nice try...Guess we'll just have to see, but I think your dead wrong on this one. Time will tell who is right ... Hail.

DidntRead.gif

Just kidding. I agree with alot of what you said. RG is a hell of a talent. I loved the guy coming out of Baylor. Speed. Arm strength. Accuracy, even with the deep ball. He's the kind of QB that would make Jackson ectremely dangerous, more so than he already was.

And maybe the change of secenery will do wonders for Jackson's work ethic. But when a team outright cuts a player and you sign him to a larger contract than his origional, you gotta think something is up there.

And as for the selfish players thing? There's a reason they are locally referred to as Mesean, Meangelo, rgME and MEerre. I'm not talking about local being philly either, this is stuff I hear outta DC/Baltimore. All things go well? Could be a huge year for DC's offense. But all those me guys under a rookie HC? I would air much more on the side of caution.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DidntRead.gif

Just kidding. I agree with alot of what you said. RG is a hell of a talent. I loved the guy coming out of Baylor. Speed. Arm strength. Accuracy, even with the deep ball. He's the kind of QB that would make Jackson ectremely dangerous, more so than he already was.

And maybe the change of secenery will do wonders for Jackson's work ethic. But when a team outright cuts a player and you sign him to a larger contract than his origional, you gotta think something is up there.

And as for the selfish players thing? There's a reason they are locally referred to as Mesean, Meangelo, rgME and MEerre. I'm not talking about local being philly either, this is stuff I hear outta DC/Baltimore. All things go well? Could be a huge year for DC's offense. But all those me guys under a rookie HC? I would air much more on the side of caution.

HILARIOUS Gif, hahahahahahhaha!

Yep, pretty cautiously optimistic here. I'll consider anything over 6 wins gravy this upcoming year. Don't know if you've seen any of my takes on the skins, but I agree with ya, lotta things have to gel and go right for this upcoming season to be any better than that.

LMAO, never heard MEerre before, pretty damn funny! Guess living in Cali, I missed out on that gem. Don't see him as that at all. Dudes a baller and not selfish in the least, IMO. Hall has improved significantly in attitude in the past few years, and I'm actually begining to believe he may have turned the corner as he's aged and remained a skin. DJax is a question mark for me, and you've already heard my homer reasons for why I don't consider Griffin just about himself...

Still I understand better now, why you broad brushed the team as having a lot of potential 'selfish' players. We just see it differently. Go figure? Eagles perspective...Skins perspective...:suds:

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HILARIOUS Gif, hahahahahahhaha!

Yep, pretty cautiously optimistic here. I'll consider anything over 6 wins gravy this upcoming year. Don't know if you've seen any of my takes on the skins, but I agree with ya, lotta things have to gel and go right for this upcoming season to be any better than that.

LMAO, never heard MEerre before, pretty damn funny! Guess living in Cali, I missed out on that gem. Don't see him as that at all. Dudes a baller and not selfish in the least, IMO. Hall has improved significantly in attitude in the past few years, and I'm actually begining to believe he may have turned the corner as he's aged and remained a skin. DJax is a question mark for me, and you've already heard my homer reasons for why I don't consider Griffin just about himself...

Still I understand better now, why you broad brushed the team as having a lot of potential 'selfish' players. We just see it differently. Go figure? Eagles perspective...Skins perspective...:suds:

Right perspective... Wrong perspective... Respectively :whistle:

That's what's gonna make this division interesting, atleast at the start of the season. Every team's upside is different, but the potential for disaster is just about the same, division wide.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right perspective... Wrong perspective... Respectively :whistle:

That's what's gonna make this division interesting, atleast at the start of the season. Every team's upside is different, but the potential for disaster is just about the same, division wide.

HA! Amazingly, I thought there was only one correct perspective...mine :D

Yep. Agree. Said numerous times, I think the division is up for grabs with a small edge to the gnats.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! Amazingly, I thought there was only one correct perspective...mine :D

Yep. Agree. Said numerous times, I think the division is up for grabs with a small edge to the gnats.

Possibly. Not in love with their off season moves but under Coughlin, every time you count them out they win another SB.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is who will be at the bottom at the end of the season in Garrett's last year as HC.