• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial CFB Message Board Liars Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't a much worse human trait than being a liar. You read their material all too often. For whatever reason they feel the need to tell outright lies to make their point. This thread is to expose those liars as someone you probably shouldn't put too much stock into what they say in the future.

I'll open the thread with socaljim242

This one was a real doozy.

When rattling off a plethora of excuses to another poster (for whatever reason) for USC's narrow 45-42 win over an interim coached Nebraska in the 2014 Holiday Bowl, he made the statement that USC's "NFL bound seniors didn't play" on defense.

Oregon vs Nebraska 2016 and 2017 | Page 15 | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

You don't throw as much when you have the lead which USC had most of the game and when your RB is having a great game and you also don't need to throw long . So of course your QB is going to complete a lot of passes because your throwing to catch up and USC with a depleted defense (NFL bound seniors didn't play) USC played prevent only substituting two all game on defense . Your QB threw 20 more times and had about the same amount of yards. That's not outplaying anyone.

I didn't recall anything of the sort, so I looked it up.

USC's defensive players taken in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Hayes Pullard, (Senior) ILB, Browns
Josh Shaw, (Senior) CB, Bengals
Leonard Williams, (Junior) DE, Jets
J.R. Tavai (Senior), OLB, undrafted

Observations from the 2014 Holiday Bowl - Conquest Chronicles

"Two guys who did an outstanding job of slowing down Abdullah in particular were Hayes Pullard (check) and Leonard Williams (check). Both showed why they are outstanding tacklers."

"Looking at the box score, I was surprised that Josh Shaw (check) tied Leonard Williams (check) for the team lead with nine tackles in USC’s victory"

USC hangs on to beat Nebraska, 45-42, in the Holiday Bowl - LA Times

J.R. Tavai (check) makes an aggressive tackle for a loss on running back Ameer Abdullah on second down and Gerald Bowman makes a nice pass breakup on third down to force Nebraska to punt.

As you can see ALL 4 NFL bound defenders (3 Sr's, 1 Jr) played in the game, making socaljim's excuse laden rant an outright lie. I did give him ample opportunity to correct said lie. However he refused.

:L:L:L:L

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't a much worse human trait than being a liar. You read their material all too often. For whatever reason they feel the need to tell outright lies to make their point. This thread is to expose those liars as someone you probably shouldn't put too much stock into what they say in the future.

When rattling off a plethora of excuses to another poster (for whatever reason) for USC's narrow 45-42 win over an interim coached Nebraska in the 2014 Holiday Bowl, he made the statement that USC's "NFL bound seniors didn't play" on defense.

As you can see ALL 4 NFL bound defenders (3 Sr's, 1 Jr) played in the game, making socaljim's excuse laden rant an outright lie. I did give him ample opportunity to correct said lie. However he refused.

They were down to 5 scholarship players according to Jim, give them Trojans a break.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Did your mommy pat you on the back after writing that?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were down to 5 scholarship players according to Jim, give then Trojans a break.

I can give anybody a break for legit reasons.

What's the purpose of an outright lie. That is just pathetic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

laughingsmiley.gif ...:wtf2:

The NFL bound sr.'s didn't play on defense?:L Okay I have heard my fair share of off the wall homerism over the years but this one just might be the best ever, or @ least in the top 3 of all time. What an all time classic comment!:pound:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 17492 ...:wtf2:

The NFL bound sr.'s didn't play on defense?:L Okay I have heard my fair share of off the wall homerism over the years but this one just might be the best ever, or @ least in the top 3 of all time. What an all time classic comment!:pound:

It was such a whopper, it was worthy of an OFFICIAL thread dedicated to LIARS for sure.

Dude's PATHETIC. :L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was such a whopper, it was worthy of an OFFICIAL thread dedicated to LIARS for sure.

Dude's PATHETIC. :L

That comment right there was some crazy stuff.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eyLc1tO.gif

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking. Wrecked.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - this thread opens up a whole new level of "pathetic."

You should only hate this thread if you don't want your facts checked. Don't lie in a CFB discussion and your posts won't end up here.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My peter is massive! Am I in the right place?:heh: