• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFC East Thread v. 1.0

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know the data, but isn't a pocket passer as likely to be injured as a scrambler?

Nice one Heater! How you this evening?

I'm great! Got all my shit done and now it's playtime. :suds: How was your day?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know the data, but isn't a pocket passer as likely to be injured as a scrambler?

Once a qb scrambles he loses the protection he has in the pocket and is pretty much fair game as much as a RB is. I'd say a scrambler has a better chance of injury, unless they learn to slide quick.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a qb scrambles he loses the protection he has in the pocket and is pretty much fair game as much as a RB is. I'd say a scrambler has a better chance of injury, unless they learn to slide quick.

Yes I agree scrambling without being smart is deadly. But I do not believe the statistics of injuries of pocket QBs vs scrambling/mobile QBs is very different. QBs get injured, in and out of the pocket. I don't have the info so I could be dead wrong here. And I do NOT consider Vick a scrambler, he looked to run...

I was at my beach this afternoon. :whistle: In my backyard.

Sounds nice. What was the temp?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree scrambling without being smart is deadly. But I do not believe the statistics of injuries of pocket QBs vs scrambling/mobile QBs. Bears that out. I don't have the info so I could be dead wrong here. And I do NOT consider Vick a scrambler, he looked to run...

Sounds nice. What was the temp?

Vick can get hurt getting out of bed. :lol:

We hit 101 today. The swim was nice.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know... I havent really thought about this but RG3 scrambling and buying time will lead to at least five 75+ yard TDs to Desean this year. Desean is a complete beast if he has time to run his route and get deep.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree scrambling without being smart is deadly. But I do not believe the statistics of injuries of pocket QBs vs scrambling/mobile QBs is very different. QBs get injured, in and out of the pocket. I don't have the info so I could be dead wrong here. And I do NOT consider Vick a scrambler, he looked to run.

I'll give you that......

Heater stated it earlier, if a QB is gonna run he better know how to slide, pocket passers have the chance to throw the ball away, scramblers or runners, well they don't.

Foles major issue is holding on to the ball way to long, then he rushes his delivery, he needs to get that mental clock in his working a little better, if it's not there deep then dump, he's got the best 1 2 punch at tightends, plus he's got a stable of runningbacks that not only can run, but catch a football as well.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know... I havent really thought about this but RG3 scrambling and buying time will lead to at least five 75+ yard TDs to Desean this year. Desean is a complete beast if he has time to run his route and get deep.

Only if they gel with timing. DJax is fast as lightening and there is work to be done. But it could be deadly no doubt. And of course I'd LOVE it, should it happen...:becky:

[/B]

I'll give you that......

Heater stated it earlier, if a QB is gonna run he better know how to slide, pocket passers have the chance to throw the ball away, scramblers or runners, well they don't.

Foles major issue is holding on to the ball way to long, then he rushes his delivery, he needs to get that mental clock in his working a little better, if it's not there deep then dump, he's got the best 1 2 punch at tightends, plus he's got a stable of runningbacks that not only can run, but catch a football as well.

Exactly. I don't want to see designed runs in the play book. QB draws only when it makes sense. And I want to see smart decision making when it comes to scrambling...sliding and the sideline is your friend...Bootlegs I like, they are very successful against certain Ds, IMO.

And I agree with your points on Foles completely :nod:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I don't want to see designed runs in the play book. QB draws only when it makes sense. And I want to see smart decision making when it comes to scrambling...sliding and the sideline is your friend...Bootlegs I like, they are very successful against certain Ds, IMO.

That might be hard for your Redskins since there is a QB there that is fast and can out run most.
I'm curious as to how Gruden handles Griffin.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might be hard for your Redskins since there is a QB there that is fast and can out run most.
I'm curious as to how Gruden handles Griffin.

And the fact that Griff wants a TD with every play at times...dudes a competitor fo sho...

Not with kid gloves from what I'm seeing. Demanding accountability and critiquing him as he should. So far, I'm liking what I see out of Jay. But it's early times. Test will be when challenges arise during the season.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you`ll be disapointed with Gruden. Bad genetics cant be overcome.