• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFC East Thread v. 1.0

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, who said that Foles could be another Joe Montana? Foles has quite a bit to prove this coming season. Let it play out.

??????? - You just said it- he has quite a bit to prove - partly my argument because he has only played 20 games. You arent giving Eli or Romo too much credit there

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??????? - You just said it- he has quite a bit to prove - partly my argument because he has only played 20 games. You arent giving Eli or Romo too much credit there
???????? I never said that Foles "didn't" have a lot to learn. I said in my opinion, he is better than either Romo, Eli or RG3 "as of today".

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why this season is going to be very interesting. Can't wait to see how Foles matches up with Romo, Eli and RG3.

Yes it will. Arent you excited about your team??? That defense should be amazing up front

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???????? I never said that Foles "didn't" have a lot to learn. I said in my opinion, he is better than either Romo, Eli or RG3 "as of today".

Today meaning July 15- I would probably agree. Romo is probably rusty from his back surgery and Eli is slowed by his ankle. Come September though, I will probably disagree again

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it will. Arent you excited about your team??? That defense should be amazing up front
I don't have a team in the NFC East. I live in Tacoma Washington. Actually I'm a long time Rams fan, the Seahawks are my 2nd favorite team.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in my comment, that IMO Foles will be the best QB in the East division this coming season. Eli "might" be a HOFer, but again, IMO Foles is better than Eli, Rome or RG3, "as of today". Just my opinion.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Foles took a step back in 2014. For two key reasons:

1. He's essentially due for a "sophomore slump" now that other teams have film on him
2. The NFC West

But I don't expect him to just fall off and never recover.

The biggest thing I see in Nick Foles is toughness. And that's from his rookie year. Critics love to point out the protection he got last year. But everyone seems to forget that Foles started 6 games in 2012. That season four of the Eagles starting offensive linemen went on IR. Foles was hit on nearly every drop back but he didn't shy from the contact; he stepped into every throw. The kid has moxie.

Prior to Andy Reid's firing, the feeling in Philadelphia was that Nick Foles had won the starting job. He won it under Andy Reid. And then had to win it again under Chip Kelly.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today meaning July 15- I would probably agree. Romo is probably rusty from his back surgery and Eli is slowed by his ankle. Come September though, I will probably disagree again
Yeah, we will just have to wait and let it play out. :-)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a team in the NFC East. I live in Tacoma Washington. Actually I'm a long time Rams fan, the Seahawks are my 2nd favorite team.

Thats what Im saying- the Rams are loaded on defense

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Foles took a step back in 2014. For two key reasons:

1. He's essentially due for a "sophomore slump" now that other teams have film on him
2. The NFC West

The biggest thing I see in Nick Foles is toughness. And that's from his rookie year. Critics love to point out the protection he got last year. But everyone seems to forget that Foles started 6 games in 2012. That season four of the Eagles starting offensive linemen went on IR. Foles was hit on nearly every drop back but he didn't shy from the contact; he stepped into every throw. The kid has moxie.

Prior to Andy Reid's firing, the feeling in Philadelphia was that Nick Foles had won the starting job. He won it under Andy Reid. And then had to win it again under Chip Kelly.
Good comment. We shall see what happens this season!! :-)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. The NFC West

Totally agree

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment. Yes the Rams will have a very good defense this year. It will be all on Bradford's shoulders, if the offense will be any good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late 70s , early 80s Rams gave Cowboys fits certain games. One team would win in regular season, the other would win in the playoffs.

Bradford should have a good yr

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late 70s , early 80s Rams gave Cowboys fits certain games. One team would win in regular season, the other would win in the playoffs.

Bradford should have a good yr
Well if Bradford doesn't have a good year, then I'm guessing it will be his last with the Rams.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment. Yes the Rams will have a very good defense this year. It will be all on Bradford's shoulders, if the offense will be any good.

Hopefully he can play the full 16 games this season. Bradford was finally starting to win me over last year.

It's time for all of those receivers they had been drafting to pay dividends.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody in the NFC West looks loaded on defense. Should be interesting and may come down to who has the best QB. Bradford, Palmer, Kaep, or Wilson.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he can play the full 16 games this season. Bradford was finally starting to win me over last year.

It's time for all of those receivers they had been drafting to pay dividends.
Yep!!!