• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFC East Thread v. 1.0

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles - best in the division - wow. I have to admit that is one bold statement. I will say this- as bad as our defense was that gimmicky offense didnt take advantage. Im not saying they have a fluke / flash in the pan offense. They have the 2nd best if not the best RB in the league, a top 5 Oline. They lost their best play making WR but added a very nice compliment to Maclin and Cooper. If Maclin is 100 percent they will be a good offense. The question mark I have though is their QB
Well then, who is better than Foles going into the 2014 season. Maybe you could say Eli Manning or Romo, but IMO Foles is better than both, as of today. I'm not going to even mention RG3. Again, this is just my opinion. :-)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Why do fans think the Eagles run a "gimmicky offense". Do fans consider the play action pass, a "gimmicky offense"??

For some reason that idea ran rampant on the Cowboy board this offseason. Never understood it.

I think their problem is going to be their receivers And the fact that Sproles didn't look like the same explosive player last year. The "old" Sproles would be amazing in those isolation sets on the opposite side Of McCoy that DJax ran in the Cowboy game last year and exposed their inability to cover on space. I'm not sure Sproles can still do it. Who stretches the field also? I think Foles comes way back to Earth also. Who knows, even with all of that maybe Philly still wins the division, but IMO it looks like a toss up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my thing Harold - sure it looks like you are the favorite and should be. I tell this story a lot. In 2012 the Cowboys opened the season at NY vs the defending champs. We beat them up pretty good that night. The score may have been close at the end but our time management problem has been well documented. The next week we fly West to Seattle who is playing a rookie at QB. We get beat pretty soundly. It was actually a pretty good game until the 4rth quarter. Week 5 of 2012 , I start reading how Wilson may get benched for Flynn for lack of production. Well he didnt and a yr later he was hoisting the Lombardi. What I am saying here is week 2 of 2012- I would have never thought the Seahawks would be Champs a yr later. Thats how fast things can change. No flukes either. You beat the the Broncos.

True story! However in the off season, this is what you have to work with. Obviously once the season start things change.

Macho Row

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed all of last season and was hurt for a good portion of the 2012 season. Didn't he have like 3 or 4 different injuries that lasted pretty much the whole year??? The Philly TEs? Are you saying they are good?

Yeah, Im saying theyre really good. And he played in 15 games in 2012.... Soooooo..... Yeah there's that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myths because of who the head coach is. The no huddle stuff last all of like a week and a half last season.

Why? Because it killed your defense. When Reid took you guys to the woodshed , you had to make changes. Malcom Jenkins will be a huge addition to your secondary

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, gimmicks are trick plays. Pace is different.

But it's all just connotation. People can call it what they want, if it works, that's all that matters.
Totally agree. No way in hell that the HUNH offense is a gimmicks, trick plays are gimmicks to me. If a defense can't stay up with the HUNH, then tough shit. :-)

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys (and gal) - I'm stuffed as a tick. If you ever get into Oklahoma, find a place called "The Rib Crib". Absolutely the best pulled pork in the world and fall-off-the-bone St. Louis style ribs. Tuesday nights are all the ribs you can eat.

I think I hurt myself.

Adios all!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Im saying theyre really good. And he played in 15 games in 2012.... Soooooo..... Yeah there's that.

He played in 15 games but he was hurt a good portion of the year. I didn't say he didn't play I said he wasn't healthy and he wasn't. I don't see the TEs as a strength at all. Maybe the kid turns out a player, but that would be like a Cowboy fan saying Escobar is good. Sure he could be, but he hasn't then yet. And Celek?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason that idea ran rampant on the Cowboy board this offseason. Never understood it.

I think their problem is going to be their receivers And the fact that Sproles didn't look like the same explosive player last year. The "old" Sproles would be amazing in those isolation sets on the opposite side Of McCoy that DJax ran in the Cowboy game last year and exposed their inability to cover on space. I'm not sure Sproles can still do it. Who stretches the field also? I think Foles comes way back to Earth also. Who knows, even with all of that maybe Philly still wins the division, but IMO it looks like a toss up.
Good comment. :-)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, who is better than Foles going into the 2014 season. Maybe you could say Eli Manning or Romo, but IMO Foles is better than both, as of today. I'm not going to even mention RG3. Again, this is just my opinion. :-)

You are talking about a guy that has played equivalent to 1 full season maybe a few more games. You are saying he is better than a 2 time Super Bowl Champ that will likely be a Hall of Famer, another that if he wins 1 will be in the HOF , and finally a rookie sensation Heisman trophy winner. Thats some big company

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking about a guy that has played equivalent to 1 full season maybe a few more games. You are saying he is better than a 2 time Super Bowl Champ that will likely be a Hall of Famer, another that if he wins 1 will be in the HOF , and finally a rookie sensation Heisman trophy winner. Thats some big company

Come on...say it...Romo is the best. I know you want to get it out there!!!

But, I'm with you on this one. Romo and Eli are still the top two in this division because they've done it more than once. I don't see any way Foles plays near the level of last year (well maybe the first Dallas game!). If he really is the guy from last year that is bad news for the rest of the NFC East, but is he really Joe Montana???

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. No way in hell that the HUNH offense is a gimmicks, trick plays are gimmicks to me. If a defense can't stay up with the HUNH, then tough shit. :-)

Or you pull one of these...

http://SportsHoopla.com/p2rheab

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in my comment, that IMO Foles will be the best QB in the East division this coming season. Eli "might" be a HOFer, but again, IMO Foles is better than Eli, Romo or RG3, "as of today". Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on...say it...Romo is the best. I know you want to get it out there!!!

But, I'm with you on this one. Romo and Eli are still the top two in this division because they've done it more than once. I don't see any way Foles plays near the level of last year (well maybe the first Dallas game!). If he really is the guy from last year that is bad news for the rest of the NFC East, but is he really Joe Montana???
LOL, who said that Foles could be another Joe Montana? Foles has quite a bit to prove this coming season. Let it play out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants would definitely fit right in with the World Cup crowd...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, who said that Foles could be another Joe Montana? Foles has quite a bit to prove this coming season. Let it play out.

Me. Last year he played like Joe Montana. That TD - Int ratio was unbelievable...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me. Last year he played like Joe Montana. That TD - Int ratio was unbelievable...
That is why this season is going to be very interesting. Can't wait to see how Foles matches up with Romo, Eli and RG3.