• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Johnny Manziel" Superthread

When Will Manziel Be Taken

• Total voters

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 has a hell of an arm. He will be elite as a passer.

Manziel can't throw, and he's significantly less athletic. I see no comparison.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With that O line, team doctors better line up some more cadaver ACL's ... else we may never know.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cant throw?

Johnny Manziel Texas A&M 429 300 4114 9.6 316.5 37 70 % completion almost 10 ypa and 37 tds

RG3 only has similar no#s his senior year 37 tds and 400 15 and 22 tds 2 other full seasons. never be elite

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan, I'm begging and praying the shitty Texans draft Johnny Douchebag #1 overall for 2 reasons:

1. I have a feeling Jerry will do everything in his power to try and draft this future 1st round bust just so he can sell tickets. If the Texans draft him, then us Cowboys fans can sleep better at night.

2. Anytime a sports team from Houston sucks, it's a great time. The Texans will continue to suck for years if they draft JF. The Astros are the worst team in MLB and might be the worst team in Class 5A in the state of Texas. Texans could join the Astros in extreme suckage for years to come.
Quit it!!!! you're scaring me

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Manziel being a Doug Flutie type.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel better grow up and bulk up fast.

I don't think he will be a success just like Tebow was not a success different players but same issues they are not NFL QB caliber JMHO

his attitude is terrible

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson does everything asked of him at a very high level. I imagine that load will grow and the level of play will stay high.

This idea that a QB needs to carry his team is ridiculous, especially a young QB. Seriously, how many QBs have carried their teams all the way to championships???

It's funny because people love using the excuse that their QB doesn't have a great defense or running game to lean on and if they did, oh boy he would take over the world. Then when a team has all the tools to take pressure off the QB, he's just a "game manager". Which I dont mind that term because it usually coincides directly with winning. But some guys only do certain things because they dont need to do everything, not because they dont have the skills. And other guys have a limited role because they simply dont have the arm to do it all (Alex Smith).

You just described every single Romo sack sniffer......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...........and let's be real, if Aggy lost to Bama in '12, nobody would even know who JF is. But since every SEC team is scared shitless of Bama, it took a former Big 12 punching bag to slap the SEC king down in their 1st year. Nobody knew who the fuck JF was before that game.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny when people hate somebody that they just look for the stupidest thing to put a player down. I can't wait for Manziel to prove all his haters and doubters wronf. Going to be bitter sweet

I agree I think he will show he can be effective. In the new NFL where a running throwing QB is respected why not him?

If Houston passes on him they are missing out IMO...

:laugh3:

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with the confidence, but I don't buy his maturity level and ability to lead an NFL franchise. Anyone who wants to draft him, has to look at his time at A&M and has to decide, is this the guy we want to make the guy. Is he committed to being first guy in the building, and last guy out of the building, he damn sure better be if he wants that role.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant throw?

Johnny Manziel Texas A&M 429 300 4114 9.6 316.5 37 70 % completion almost 10 ypa and 37 tds

RG3 only has similar no#s his senior year 37 tds and 400 15 and 22 tds 2 other full seasons. never be elite

Stats in college mean nothing. Watch them throw. Manziel is mediocre for a college arm. RG3 can make every NFL throw. Huge difference.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats in college mean nothing. Watch them throw. Manziel is mediocre for a college arm. RG3 can make every NFL throw. Huge difference.

I know college is different but can only compare college because manziel is only a sophmore. So far he has blown away RG# first 2 full seasons playing in a much tougher defense minded conference. Not playing the Texas Tech's where games are usually over 100 points. I dont see Manziel having success in NFL and dont see RG3 ever being elite or lasting more than 5 years. With his father and teammates like Moss telling him to man up, and coach killer like a Vick. Dont get me wrong I like RG3 but dont see much in NFL future esp with the injuries. Just my 2 cents for whats it worth

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel has talent and athleticism no doubt.

I don't know if he has the maturity and mental makeup necessary to survive in the NFL. He might even have flashes of greatness in the NFL but he seems even less mature than Vince Young and we all know how that ended.

Manziel will not throw at the combine or Aggie pro day but only at private workouts he has scheduled in the most comfortable of conditions possible. Sorry, Johnny, but the true greats are the ones who can do it when they have been taken out of their comfort zone and still get it done.

I have my doubts at whether this kid who every day looks more and more like a spoiled entitled brat can handle the adversity of the NFL game. He is going to lose. He is going to lose many, many times. The greatest of the greats have lost many, many times in their NFL careers.

When that realization sets in, will he be able to keep striving to become better because of it?

Or will he Ryan Leaf?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach killer? Shanahan did his best throw away their franchise on multiple occasions. He should have been fired after the Seattle playoff game, never to coach again.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel does not have a single NFL caliber skill. Not one.

You can't compare him with Leaf because leave had red flags, but he had an arm. He had reasons to at least think about taking a risk on him. Manziel would be below average in anything you can possibly measure.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel has talent and athleticism no doubt.

I don't know if he has the maturity and mental makeup necessary to survive in the NFL. He might even have flashes of greatness in the NFL but he seems even less mature than Vince Young and we all know how that ended.

Manziel will not throw at the combine or Aggie pro day but only at private workouts he has scheduled in the most comfortable of conditions possible. Sorry, Johnny, but the true greats are the ones who can do it when they have been taken out of their comfort zone and still get it done.

I have my doubts at whether this kid who every day looks more and more like a spoiled entitled brat can handle the adversity of the NFL game. He is going to lose. He is going to lose many, many times. The greatest of the greats have lost many, many times in their NFL careers.

When that realization sets in, will he be able to keep striving to become better because of it?

Or will he Ryan Leaf?

Good post RT

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel does not have a single NFL caliber skill. Not one.

Guess your the only one that thinks that. Only freshmen to win a Heisman. The voters have no clue what they are talking about. Kid is talented, but kind of small, and like Toxin said very immature and too much about himself. He makes Cam Newton look mature and a team player

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess your the only one that thinks that. Only freshmen to win a Heisman. The voters have no clue what they are talking about. Kid is talented, but kind of small, and like Toxin said very immature and too much about himself. He makes Cam Newton look mature and a team player

As we know winning a Heisman has very little to do with NFL caliber skills. Running your mouth daring your potential suitor not to pick you is foolish at the least.