• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tofficial Cavs thread

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Wiggy's defense, Gilbert has been spending annual dollars, not long term but annual dollars at or near the cap. Like OKC, Philly and the Celts, he did this to accumulate assets. Google 2012 timeframe and may articles where it was openly discussed and reviewed as the plan.

In Trojans defense he never used the money to sign someone long term, and extend his incurred debt. But having said that, I dont think Cavs could have lured a great free agent to cleveland, excluding lebron so it is near impossible for the cavs to use the fa market in a traditional sense.

The market seems different post CBA. I am very happy Danny is accumulating too because I have no dreams that someone is just going to up and want to be in Boston, excluding maybe Vonleh, who is unproven.

Now, Lebron subject lets just all agree NBA is a business, and Lebron is acting like one. I cant think of many NBA players that would take home town discounts, who are super talented, excluding maybe the Spurs players.

Its now about marketing the individual, not the team. See the Durant situation with armourall. All these stars or most, seem to be about their own needs. Its their profession, and they want the money

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 1960's the NBA went through a milestone when a super star named russell openly rejected the press, and made his opinions known about fair treatment.

In the 1990's, another player came into the league named Jordan who impacted change by creating a stir around endorsements that resulted in making more off court than on

And now Lebron has come along and in a third way redefined how free agency will or can work, where such a option can allow star player unheralded power and influence on teams and owners.

His popularity and leverage is hard to imagine. so who is the next player to shake it up and what will it be about?

So for you Cavs fans, be happy, but recognize this is about business, not home town dreams. Its not a Larry vs Magic world, which we and all nba fans miss. I am not sure we will ever see that golden period again

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the 1960's the NBA went through a milestone when a super star named russell openly rejected the press, and made his opinions known about fair treatment.

In the 1990's, another player came into the league named Jordan who impacted change by creating a stir around endorsements that resulted in making more off court than on

And now Lebron has come along and in a third way redefined how free agency will or can work, where such a option can allow star player unheralded power and influence on teams and owners.

His popularity and leverage is hard to imagine. so who is the next player to shake it up and what will it be about?

So for you Cavs fans, be happy, but recognize this is about business, not home town dreams. Its not a Larry vs Magic world, which we and all nba fans miss. I am not sure we will ever see that golden period again

a lot of the leverage LeBron has enjoyed- comes through the max contract.

If there was no max contract- this leverage would be destroyed- he would make a lot more money - but - in all likelihood- we would not have super teams

As i have said- I think that the next CBA should address max contracts- do something like this:

maybe have the number that counts against the cap be the same- 30% of the cap---

but let each team designate one super max player- where you can pay them up to a HUGE number that would be bargained for- but just count the regular max against the cap-

it would prevent super teams from forming since some team would end up paying other players instead of all taking the - whatever, 19-24 million a year that the "max" is

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of the leverage LeBron has enjoyed- comes through the max contract.

If there was no max contract- this leverage would be destroyed- he would make a lot more money - but - in all likelihood- we would not have super teams

As i have said- I think that the next CBA should address max contracts- do something like this:

maybe have the number that counts against the cap be the same- 30% of the cap---

but let each team designate one super max player- where you can pay them up to a HUGE number that would be bargained for- but just count the regular max against the cap-

it would prevent super teams from forming since some team would end up paying other players instead of all taking the - whatever, 19-24 million a year that the "max" is

If the object is to keep the players on the team that they are already on, then your way might work if the super max salary could only be taken by the player from his current team.

They might be better off with a version of the NFL franchise tag, but good luck getting the players union to agree with it unless perhaps there was some non cap salary added to a player who is franchised

Similar to what you are suggesting, but wouldn't even allow the player the option to leave.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the Love deal has been completed.

should be interesting to see if the Cavs roster changes any from now until the beginning of the year. I really would be happy if they could somehow pry Henson away from the Bucks. That wouldbe a big time move.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

should be interesting to see if the Cavs roster changes any from now until the beginning of the year. I really would be happy if they could somehow pry Henson away from the Bucks. That wouldbe a big time move.

Hell no lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn, stop being greedy:lol:.

They should pick up Blatche.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything about Henson, and would have to trade for him right?

The Cavs really don't have any money left to get a decent name like Blatche, I assume.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything about Henson, and would have to trade for him right?

The Cavs really don't have any money left to get a decent name like Blatche, I assume.

Russ is talking about an article that says the Bucks are willing to trade Henson.

He's just spit balling.

Blatche is on the outside looking in.

Teams with money won't be spending it on him.

So, a vet minimum deal is about all he can hope for at this point.

I'm sure that his 10mil amnesty payment from the Wiz will cushion his landing.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love, the prize of the 2015 free agency class, a Cavs player. It wuss noise surprise he was traded , but for sure who would have ever thought that the Cavaliers would be his new home.

That said Wiggy, the pressure will be high. This Cavs team is better staffed and structured than the Heat. It's a young team, a solid team. It should be a dynasty team. 3 to 4 rings has to be the bar for it. It won't come again easily so enjoy the ride.

they got Lebron and they accumulated assets . They did good. Trade complete. Amazing

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love, the prize of the 2015 free agency class, a Cavs player. It wuss noise surprise he was traded , but for sure who would have ever thought that the Cavaliers would be his new home.

That said Wiggy, the pressure will be high. This Cavs team is better staffed and structured than the Heat. It's a young team, a solid team. It should be a dynasty team. 3 to 4 rings has to be the bar for it. It won't come again easily so enjoy the ride.

they got Lebron and they accumulated assets . They did good. Trade complete. Amazing
From what I've read, Love isn't ready to sign an extension just yet. He can still opt out of his current contract after next season and sign with whoever he wants, but I would be surprised if he didn't re-sign with Cleveland.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, Love isn't ready to sign an extension just yet. He can still opt out of his current contract after next season and sign with whoever he wants, but I would be surprised if he didn't re-sign with Cleveland.

I think the only way he doesn't re-sign with Cleveland is if there is some kind of friction between him, Lebron and Kyrie. The only way that I see that being a possibility is if he and/or Kyrie have an issue playing 2nd and 3rd fiddle.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will opt out. For whatever reason guys at least once in their career wants to get that feeling of being chased by other teams as a Free Agent.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, stop being greedy:lol:.

They should pick up Blatche.

I doubt it.
Apparently he's a knucklehead.
James wants a professional locker room.
Risk vs reward.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read where a consensus of experts predicted an avg of 2 titles for James in Cleveland.

I don't think they win this year, but they definitely have a chance if everything clicks and try all stay healthy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where a consensus of experts predicted an avg of 2 titles for James in Cleveland.

I don't think they win this year, but they definitely have a chance if everything clicks and try all stay healthy.

Its hard to look at the Cavs team on paper and not see a crazy good offense. Their defense could make or break them. Below-average defensive teams don't win titles, so they need to at least be average on defense.

I thought Grantland's Goldsberry summed it up perfectly:

The Cavaliers have the potential to play beautiful and successful basketball, but it’s also important to remember that NBA history is littered with the torn-up blueprints for “on paper” dynasties that never reached their potential. (link)

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has the makings of a dynasty.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the potential in the world, but got to get it done on the court and the X's and O's.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Z might attempt to make a comeback. All the veterans want to ride Lebron and try for a ring :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs also have interest in Okafor, could be a great rim protector.