• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2017 Recruiting Thread

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted him as a DB. Davis didnt want that.

From the article:

“They wanted me to come camp as a defensive back,” Davis told Landof10. “I don’t have interest in that.”

Because of that disconnect, Davis and the Buckeyes have not had any contact in months, not since wide receivers coach Zach Smith was there in the spring. In their stead, a host of other schools in the region have stepped up their contact.

Plus he's too short OSU needs them to be 6'5" or taller. In all seriousness I think it would be difficult to turn him into a DB at 6'3" and under 200 lbs. It's just rare that a tall skinny guy does well as a DB. I just hope he's as good as his ranking for a WR.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathematicians estimated Usain Bolt's 40 time at 3.97. Unfortunately, we will never see a U.Bolt in the NFL

That's surprising considering he's normally in the middle of the pack during the acceleration phase. However his top speed is easily the fastest of all time.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamire Calvin gonna flip to Washington State. Lots of CB's trending that way. Too much drama. Kinda of whatever with him anymore

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never even visited this kid, let alone offered him a scholarship. You're essentially beating out Kentucky, WVU and Washington State. Bravo.

MSU, Oregon, PSU, and Nebraska offered as well. The reason you guys didn't offer is because you wanted him to play DB which he said F you.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs S&C. Peters is the one likely to beat out the fucking stiff.

I hope both our teams don't have to deal with complete ineptitude at QB again this season. That Michigan/Wisconsin game was difficult to watch especially with Hornibrook and his 3 int's.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamire Calvin gonna flip to Washington State. Lots of CB's trending that way. Too much drama. Kinda of whatever with him anymore

What??? He just de-committed then committed to Neb a few days ago. The 247 website hasn't posted this yet.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU, Oregon, PSU, and Nebraska offered as well. The reason you guys didn't offer is because you wanted him to play DB which he said F you.
I'm going to pretty confidently guess that exchange was more us wanting him to say DB, him saying he wanted to stay at WR, and us saying F you.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have a better player going to commit to you soon anyways.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pretty confidently guess that exchange was more us wanting him to say DB, him saying he wanted to stay at WR, and us saying F you.

It could've been a mutual F U.

OSU has a 95.2 rating on 247 right now for their 2017 class. I believe that's the best ranking ever since they started the ranking system. You still have a few more guys ranked above 96 that could pick OSU today as well. I'm stunned you guys beat Bama.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could've been a mutual F U.

OSU has a 95.2 rating on 247 right now for their 2017 class. I believe that's the best ranking ever since they started the ranking system. You still have a few more guys ranked above 96 that could pick OSU today as well. I'm stunned you guys beat Bama.
94.62 thanks to that rat bastard Gardiner, but it would still be the highest in modern day recruiting. If we get Wilson that would just be great but I'm not holding my breath. We beat Bama in spite of the fact that a rash of our 5* guys suddenly dropped in the rankings leading up to the final rankings of the year to ensure Bama wins in overall points.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
94.62 thanks to that rat bastard Gardiner, but it would still be the highest in modern day recruiting. If we get Wilson that would just be great but I'm not holding my breath. We beat Bama in spite of the fact that a rash of our 5* guys suddenly dropped in the rankings leading up to the final rankings of the year to ensure Bama wins in overall points.

I don't even know what it's like to have a 5 star guy. lol We're happy with 4-5 4 star players. :L

I've seen quite a few guys change their minds last minute. With that being said you should still beat Bama despite not paying out cash money like they do. Myer is a recruiting God.

I might actually watch this NSD since for the first time ever since Wisconsin could be in the mix. Is this on a main TV station?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have a better player going to commit to you soon anyways.
Three players SC and Nebraska are fighting for. Lewis and Johnson look to be heavy SC leans. Blades may not be as solid a Nebraska lean as some think. I think he comes down to whether SC has a slot. But I do see him going to Nebraska. Theres also a lot of talk about blades and UCLA now too tho. Quite a few players are very hard to read at the moment.And crystal balls are kinda useless.When you look at the breakdowns.As far as where the predictions are coming from

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know what it's like to have a 5 star guy. lol We're happy with 4-5 4 star players. :L

I've seen quite a few guys change their minds last minute. With that being said you should still beat Bama despite not paying out cash money like they do. Myer is a recruiting God.

I might actually watch this NSD since for the first time ever since Wisconsin could be in the mix. Is this on a main TV station?
Yup, ESPNU has coverage starting at 8am going all morning into the afternoon. I'll be doing the same. I intend on wearing pajamas until at least noon or so. Who is Wisky still in it for?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, ESPNU has coverage starting at 8am going all morning into the afternoon. I'll be doing the same. I intend on wearing pajamas until at least noon or so. Who is Wisky still in it for?
Ive got the alarm set for 7am I may be loaded on coffee by 8am.Good luck y'all christmas for college football fans :suds:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how this works but I believe Danny Davis is the only 4-5 star that is warmer or a favorite for us. If we get him that will be 4 4 star recruits and one 4 star transfer from Bama since they like to over recruit. There's 5 other 4 star players we offered that haven't signed but the crystal ball hasn't projected Wisconsin the winner with those players so unless we have another miracle like with double D I doubt anything happens.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What??? He just de-committed then committed to Neb a few days ago. The 247 website hasn't posted this yet.

Not official but it's looking likely to happen. Like I said I am whatever over him and his constant flip flop crap

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three players SC and Nebraska are fighting for. Lewis and Johnson look to be heavy SC leans. Blades may not be as solid a Nebraska lean as some think. I think he comes down to whether SC has a slot. But I do see him going to Nebraska. Theres also a lot of talk about blades and UCLA now too tho. Quite a few players are very hard to read at the moment.And crystal balls are kinda useless.When you look at the breakdowns.As far as where the predictions are coming from
Some of your posters on 247 are melting down thinking Carr could leave for UCLA. Free Kobe mentioned something as well. Personally I think it's smoke.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not official but it's looking likely to happen. Like I said I am whatever over him and his constant flip flop crap
They say he wasn't admitted and will go elsewhere.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of your posters on 247 are melting down thinking Carr could leave for UCLA. Free Kobe mentioned something as well. Personally I think it's smoke.
I think some of that came from Armond Hawkins trolling.And a tweet from Carr that just read "Decisions". A lot of them took the bait on 247. I cant see it UCLA has an awful offensive line. If he signs thats great if not oh well. I think UCLA would be an awful decision for his career. If he does want to flip there are much better options tbh

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of that came from Armond Hawkins trolling.And a tweet from Carr that just read "Decisions". A lot of them took the bait on 247. I cant see it UCLA has an awful offensive line. If he signs thats great if not oh well. I think UCLA would be an awful decision for his career. If he does want to flip there are much better options tbh
The only way I would sign to UCLA is if I were a defensive prospect. Mora has done a great job developing both mid level and elite defensive players through his tenure in preparing him for the NFL, but his offenses have been a joke. Rosen is looking like shit half the time.