• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to vote for MVP

Who is the MVP?

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS much as I think LeBron is worthy of it- and proved that over the last 3 months- asnd the image of him beating the Warriors ass in the only game that LeBron and Curry went head to head while Curry played like dog shit-- i have to give it to Curry- because Curry has done it all season- while the Cavs had a slow start (to say the least) in November and December-

No RW since as much as i like himthey are an 8 seed at best and might even miss the playoffs- and I dont like James Harden., lol- i know thats not a good reason- but its my reason

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andrew Bogot, Andre Iguodala, David Lee, Barbosa, Barnes, Livingston

That is a 50 win team

Why do Curry fans get so defensive when we mention Curry has a LOADED DEEP TEAM?

You can still be the MVP with good teammates.

The reason GSW might win 66 games is because they are tremendously talented and deep roster.

Harden + Westbrook are playing with far inferior rosters.

It doesnt mean that Curry should not win the MVP.....but it is the truth.

Completely agree. Yes Jordan won mvp's with pippen, grant, rodman, the point guard was nobody, bj, pax, nothing big at all. He made all those players better.

I just dont see enough of Curry to say he is the main reason that team is that good. easily a 50 game winning team without curry. Westbrook dominates with no help.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. Yes Jordan won mvp's with pippen, grant, rodman, the point guard was nobody, bj, pax, nothing big at all. He made all those players better.

I just dont see enough of Curry to say he is the main reason that team is that good. easily a 50 game winning team without curry. Westbrook dominates with no help.

i think the MVp usually is, and usually deserves to be- the best player on the best team.

The one thing i do think of though- if if you switched curry and lebron, how wouldeachteam look?- and i think the answer to that question makes me lean more towards lebron

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This Jordan argument is funny since the team won 55 games when he first retired.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lmaooo they would NOT win 50 games without curry. That's crazy talk.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:LMAO @ people saying warriors would win 50 games without curry that's hilarious :pound::pound:

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AS much as I think LeBron is worthy of it- and proved that over the last 3 months- asnd the image of him beating the Warriors ass in the only game that LeBron and Curry went head to head while Curry played like dog shit-- i have to give it to Curry- because Curry has done it all season- while the Cavs had a slow start (to say the least) in November and December-

No RW since as much as i like himthey are an 8 seed at best and might even miss the playoffs- and I dont like James Harden., lol- i know thats not a good reason- but its my reason
And LaBeta couldve played two games but he decided he wanted to sit the first one out. This isnt Currys only time going head to head with LaBum, he played great against the Heat in Miami last year (and LeBron played great in Oracle also)

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Jordan argument is funny since the team won 55 games when he first retired.
Yeah, these Warriors sans Curry totally remind me of those Bulls.lol

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Curry is the clear MVP for me. He shouldn't be punished because his team is the best in the NBA. They're the best team in the west by 10 games (I know the Spurs are coming on) because Curry is the one running the show. He and the warriors are so good that Curry has sat for 16 4th quarters this season! Additionally Steph is a more efficient player than Westbrook and Harden in terms of percentages (numbers that aren't effected by minutes played) The guy is shooting over 50% from 3 since the all star break.

Harden isn't even enjoyable to watch imo, especially when he is shooting 12-15 free throws a night. I shouldn't want to avoid watching MVP caliber players play!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is the best and it's not even close. MVP is most valuable, not who can stuff the stat sheet, and noone is more valuable to their team than Harden. No one can even claim he doesn't play defense anymore either. Take Curry (or to a lesser extent) LeBron out of their respective teams and they're still one of the top teams in their conference. Taken Harden out of the Rockets and are they even making the playoffs? If curry and harden reversed roles then the rockets would be not much to talk of.

Credit to Curry, LeBron, Westbrook, Davis for having great seasons but if the voting committee has any credibility (and I'm not convinced they do) Harden is the pick here.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is the best and it's not even close. MVP is most valuable, not who can stuff the stat sheet, and noone is more valuable to their team than Harden. No one can even claim he doesn't play defense anymore either. Take Curry (or to a lesser extent) LeBron out of their respective teams and they're still one of the top teams in their conference. Taken Harden out of the Rockets and are they even making the playoffs? If curry and harden reversed roles then the rockets would be not much to talk of.

Credit to Curry, LeBron, Westbrook, Davis for having great seasons but if the voting committee has any credibility (and I'm not convinced they do) Harden is the pick here.

I see this argument pop up from time to time when trying to make the case for Harden. Why do you (and a few others) think this? What is it that makes you think that Curry wouldn't be carrying the Rockets as well? I'm just curious.

Part of what makes Curry great is that he makes his teammates better. Do you think Bogut is better than Howard (btw, I do, but no Rocket fans do)? Do you think Harrison Barnes is a star? Draymond has gone from a 2nd round "tweener" to an invaluable piece. Klay is a great shooter. But...

The Warriors have been great this year with Curry on the floor, and a negative +/- when he is off of the floor. The Warriors are having a HISTORIC season BECAUSE of Curry.

Harden is having a great year as well, and has carried the 6th place rockets. That's another thing, Harden apologists would comment on the "2nd place" Rockets. Houston has been closer to 9th place than to the first place Warriors. It's not even close.

Warriors took the season series 4-0. Harden played in all 4 and they lost all 4. Without Harden the Rockets still lose all 4. Curry for MVP.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player has accumulated more VALUE (isn't that the premise of this award?) than James Harden, as evidenced by his league leading WAR and VORP. He was even leading in RPM just last week.

Many are skewing the stats to mislead the fans that Curry is the only reason the Warriors are historically good. Yes, the Warriors net rating is significantly less with him off the court than on, but the same statement applies for Green, Bogut, and Thompson to a slightly lesser extent. Meanwhile, the Rockets actually have a NEGATIVE net rating with Harden off the court.

The Warriors are loaded with talent and players (beyond Curry) that will win end of season awards, not to mention probably coach of the year. Meanwhile, no one else on the Rockets besides Harden will be even mentioned for end of season awards, and Kevin McHale is considered one of the worst coaches of likely playoff teams in the league.

May I repeat: Harden for MVP.

Thank you.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry actually has the higher VORP. He has a higher PER, BPM, and WS/48 than Harden as well.

The Warriors are great because of the season Curry is having. I don' think that they are a Western Conference playoff team without him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people not know warriors are worse without curry more than Houston is without harden? lol or is everyone gonna ignore that fact?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The official NBA MVP award, voted by the media, will come down to Warriors point guardStephen Curry or Rockets swingman James Harden. But who do NBA players think that deserves to win the Maurice Podoloff trophy?

We asked that question to 29 NBAers in the last few days. It was a close contest, but Harden was the one that ended up prevailing.

All the players polled picked Harden and Stephen Curry in their Top 3, but only the Rockets guard was among the first two choices every time. That's why he comes out on top.

Russell Westbrook, who has carried the injury-plagued Thunder all season long, finished at No. 3 ahead of LeBron James. Anthony Davis, who leads the league in PER and is likely playoff bound, was No. 5.

Chris Paul, Pau Gasol and Dwyane Wade were the only others getting votes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What irks me about a lot of MVP discussions is that most people operate off of this ridiculous premise...

The worse a team is... the more valuable their star player is because "imagine where'd they be without him". It is so obviously stupid when you put it like that, but... seriously... this is what people base their "valuable" statements on.

"Without Curry they'd still be a playoff team. The Rockets wouldn't without Harden"....

.... uh.... Well, yeah the Warriors are also 11 games up on the Rockets. Even if having Steph adds 20 wins... they would still make the playoffs with 46 wins. If Harden only adds 10 wins... take him away and they could easily miss the playoffs. The who-is-more-valuable stuff is so subjective.

This is why I believe the MVP belongs to the top performing NBA player. I don't know why people get caught up on the literal name of the award. It is the supreme ward an NBA player can get ( in the regular season). The top performing player for that year should get the award.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the MVp usually is, and usually deserves to be- the best player on the best team.

The one thing i do think of though- if if you switched curry and lebron, how wouldeachteam look?- and i think the answer to that question makes me lean more towards lebron
With all the hypotheticals being thrown around, Harden would do a better job than Lebron in Cleveland seeing that he's playing with zero superstars most of the season and having a better record in the West.

So with your logic, Harden deserves it more than Lebron.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ESPN article said the W's only outscore teams by .5 points per 100 possessions without Curry on the floor.....With Curry, they outscore teams by 16.5 points per 100 possessions. Good thing Bob Myers isn't going around saying how mediocre the team would be without Curry lol. Morey is acting like a total d-bag the way he's throwing his players under the bus.