• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to vote for MVP

Who is the MVP?

• Total voters

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I have. I watch at least 1 game a night. Curry is great but Klay is a Great #2 to have. What Harden and Westbrook have done has been more impressive in my opinion. Overall Im ok with either one of them winning it.

I was talking more about curry being ok on defense. He's been more than just ok. Also curry has missed like 18 4th quarters this year. Imagine how many more better popcorn number he would have? I think efficiency means more than popcorn numbers IMO

Mahgoub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking more about curry being ok on defense. He's been more than just ok. Also curry has missed like 18 4th quarters this year. Imagine how many more better popcorn number he would have? I think efficiency means more than popcorn numbers IMO

You know it aint about the stats its about how valuable you are to your team that is why is called most valuable player

Mahgoub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry 48% FGA 43% 3pt 91% FT 7.8 AST
Harden 43%FGA 37%3pt 86% FT 7.0 AST
Warriors 4-0 vs Houston
No way Harden should be MVP.
Only reason why is because Harden has to take more shots and only reason why warriors are beating the rockets is because has less help

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry's team is a full 10 games better than the Rockets. Curry has been the better player.

This is Curry's and he deserves it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry's team is a full 10 games better than the Rockets. Curry has been the better player.

Curry obviously has the better overall team and the Warriors been completely healthy for the most part.

Harden on the other hand got the Rockets in 2nd when their 2nd best player missed more than half of the season, their starting PF missed about 50 games, & now they're without their starting PG.

If you're actually voting for the guy who's MOST VALUABLE to their team Harden should get the award.

But if the NBA wants to continue their stupid tradition of voting for best player on best team instead of the actual most valuable player then Curry will get it

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry obviously has the better overall team and the Warriors been completely healthy for the most part.

Harden on the other hand got the Rockets in 2nd when their 2nd best player missed more than half of the season, their starting PF missed about 50 games, & now they're without their starting PG.

If you're actually voting for the guy who's MOST VALUABLE to their team Harden should get the award.

But if the NBA wants to continue their stupid tradition of voting for best player on best team instead of the actual most valuable player then Curry will get it

I completely understand that argument, I'm not gonna kill anyone who makes that argument. Its a compelling one. Just a couple thoughts, though:

1. Because the Rockets have climbed to the #2 seed, I think people are thinking that they're right there behind GSW... in reality they are very far behind GS.

2. The whole "lets take so-and-so off and see how they do" is very subjective. We really don't know what would happen. We can speculate... but unless someone actually missed a large number of games (in which case they would be out of the MVP running) we don't know. The warriors play more of a flowing team-oriented offense and get the rest of the guys involved. The rockets are using Harden as a volume guy to win games. That can make the difference in supporting cast appear different than in reality.

Mahgoub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it is called most valuable player for a reason

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be sarcastic when your sources is Wikipedia
:think: ... fair enough.

In all seriousness... the debate about what MVP really means in the context of the season award has been hashed and rehashed a thousand times over. It is a conflict with deep rooted traditions dating back to its inception. That last sentence was empty drivel.

Anyway.... I never bought into the whole let's-take-the-name-of-the-award-completely-literally theory, though I do recognize the fact that it has many followers.

The MVP award is the ultimate individual award in the NBA. To me, that makes the top performing player the deserved winner. Why have the supreme award go to anyone other than the supreme player (for that [regular] season)?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,936.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as big of a fan i am of Lebron James. he doesnt deserve it this year. Steph Curry has been a beast all year night in and night out

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden has a great attitude, the more I hear him speak the more I like him. This is not the time for awards and such, it is about the playoffs. You can win a million awards in the regular season, but if you aren't prepared to play in the playoffs you aren't doing a good job.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to see more votes for Westbrook than Harden. I figured there would be a couple for Westbrook but not this many

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Over.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, after last night, it's a rap.

Curry is FILTHY.

LMAO
at that poster that said Curry is not a top 5 player.