• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fields trade value barometer

What is fields currently worth on the trade market?

• Current and future 1st rounder + change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current first and some change

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Future conditional first and some change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second and some change

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Third and some change

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Less

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think it is debatable myself,I think he is worth more than a 3rd because theres not much in freeagency for that position and too many teams needing qb with not enough top qbs to go around.........
The problem I see with keeping JF if he still has not proven to be that qb in 2024,will we be inline for the top of the class to draft one in 25 with out having to give up what we will be asking for our no.1 or even what we got in last seasons trade of the no.1 .......in 2025 JF will be making a ton of money,Im hearing in the neighborhood of 25 mill(anyone know).....??
Not too mention him possibly holding out for more(it happens),we dont need that.....and wants to give him a 40 mill contract for anther Danny Dimes.....

Im not so sure if JF is gonna be our guy,I think we move on with what we can get,and draft Poles top qb he wants.....If its Williams do it,if iits Maye trade with Wahington then take Maye(if thats who he wants) with no.1.2......
One thing is for sure,dont trade down too far down for a qb,we may not get who Poles wants....

Just a few things Ive been thinking........
While you are dead on about JF not yet proven he's da man - we've all pretty much said the same thing - the inference here is that it will all change for the better if we go with a new QB or at the very least, we'll have a more cost-controlled situation with a cheaper QB under conract. If Bears history has taught us nothing else, it's there are no guarantees whatsoever any of the new kids on the block would fare any better. And what good does it do us saving some coinage if there's no improvement at the QB spot? I'd much prefer trading down and racking up some draft capital - maybe even landing another proven vet. Fields is getting better. Ok, not Pro Bowl better at this juncture, but he's improving nonetheless. I say stick with him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner they trade him the more they will get. There are 6 QB's projected to go in the first two rounds of the draft. Hold out for too much and it'll become impossible to move him till summer

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you are dead on about JF not yet proven he's da man - we've all pretty much said the same thing - the inference here is that it will all change for the better if we go with a new QB or at the very least, we'll have a more cost-controlled situation with a cheaper QB under conract. If Bears history has taught us nothing else, it's there are no guarantees whatsoever any of the new kids on the block would fare any better. And what good does it do us saving some coinage if there's no improvement at the QB spot? I'd much prefer trading down and racking up some draft capital - maybe even landing another proven vet. Fields is getting better. Ok, not Pro Bowl better at this juncture, but he's improving nonetheless. I say stick with him.

ANd we still have no qb in the future if JF is not our guy.....and to be honest if we keep him theres that hope he is,but honestly I think hes no it.....
I say we take that qb now while we have the chance to.....you never know when we will have this type of chance again.....

Poles misses by not take one of those top 2 qbs,his job is screwed for life if Fields stays and falters.

And yes,Id rather take the chance on a top 2 qb........

We went thru this last season by trading down,giving JF what he needed in Moore and Darnell Wright.......Add Braxton Jones who wasnt a bad olineman to the mix and I/we wouldve thought better......
I dont think we can afford another slow start to his season just to come on strong later just to keep our hopes up for 25 like goot going for 24........

Reset the qb position,get a new offcoor,whatever picks we get for JF,another wr with some nice freeagents and lets go.......

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's true that at best Poles could only receive a 3rd round pick for Fields, and personally I think that's quite debatable, then it makes an even stronger case for not trading him. It only strengthens my argument that we wouldn't lose that much in trade value if we hold onto him for another season, then perhaps trade him in '25. I'm going to continue saying this until something happens - we should keep Fields, then trade down the Panthers pick. To me that will give our Bears the maximum overall bang for the buck.
He's not under contract for '25. Either you pick up the guaranteed 5th year option, (which looks riskier at this point than it did for Mayfield or Darnold), or you play things out and negotiate with him in '24 as his contract runs down.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not under contract for '25. Either you pick up the guaranteed 5th year option, (which looks riskier at this point than it did for Mayfield or Darnold), or you play things out and negotiate with him in '24 as his contract runs down.
Gotcha, thanks for the corrected info! But we could still tag him, right?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha, thanks for the corrected info! But we could still tag him, right?
Absolutely. The 5th year option decision can be delayed until May 2024. You don't have to pick it up and either decision doesn't prevent the Bears from negotiating a new deal with Fields before March 2025. A team will trade for Fields if he's worth more than his contract situation. The problem with delaying a trade is that Fields is going to want his maximum value. He's not going to sell himself short so the Bears can benefit from a trade.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. The 5th year option decision can be delayed until May 2024. You don't have to pick it up and either decision doesn't prevent the Bears from negotiating a new deal with Fields before March 2025. A team will trade for Fields if he's worth more than his contract situation. The problem with delaying a trade is that Fields is going to want his maximum value. He's not going to sell himself short so the Bears can benefit from a trade.
Again, thanks for clearing that up, good stuff!!!

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should keep Fields and give him better talent around him on offense.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other thing to point out is that the difference between the 5th year option (at $22M) and his franchise tag value which by 2025 will be well north of $40 million for a QB. It's a HUGE difference.

It is yet another reason I dont think the Bears will move forward with him and why I dont think teams will get in a bidding war for him on the trade market. He really isnt a cheap 1 year deal. He is essentially on a expensive 2 year deal as no team is going to think he is good enough to start the season with in 2024 and also simultaneously deciding he isnt good enough to start in 2025.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears should keep Fields and give him better talent around him on offense.
That's the hope for some of us. I'd love to see Poles pull off another '23-style draft trade. He walked away with three starters, this year's #1 pick, and Carolina's 2nd round next year. That's a haul.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the hope for some of us. I'd love to see Poles pull off another '23-style draft trade. He walked away with three starters, this year's #1 pick, and Carolina's 2nd round next year. That's a haul.
Speaking of those three starters, one of them, rookie Tyrique Stevenson, was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm scared no matter what happens.
I'd substitute the word scared with curiosity, maybe even extreme curiosity, because there are any number of different avenues Poles can take once the season concludes. Does he keep Fields or trade him? Does he hold onto the #1 pick or trade down and if so, how far is he willing to trade down? If he holds onto the pick does he take MHJ or still grab a QB, likely Williams, and worry about trading Fields later on? My head's already swimming just from typing all this.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of those three starters, one of them, rookie Tyrique Stevenson, was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week.
I think he's played himself into DROY candidate.

I see a lot of sites listing Joey Porter Jr., and Devon Witherspoon, but no mention of our boy, who has better stats than both.