• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fields trade value barometer

What is fields currently worth on the trade market?

• Current and future 1st rounder + change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current first and some change

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Future conditional first and some change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second and some change

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Third and some change

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Less

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb has the transfer to get a spot mentality, which means he gets no competition, like Fields. I say you force the guy to compete next year.

Caleb will have no other choice but to compete.....if he doesnt wanna sign,then look at the money he will lose.
If he signs with a bad attitude,make sure he plays first snap of the year and have the oline let the def come and send a big howdy by mauling him.......attitude adjustment.

Bagent it is.......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this yesterday...

Eight of the biggest blown leads in franchise history have come in the time Fields has been the quarterback.

I know many will jump too blame the D, but Sunday's game was exactly how most of them were lost. Good to great D for 3 quarters. Decent play by offense. Jump out to lead. Sit on thumbs fer a whole quarter. Defense tires and give up more yards and points in final 8 minutes than the previous 52 combined. Offense and Fields particularly, shrivel in crunchtime. Lose game.

I think they all gotta go, and it pains me to say that. Flus, Getsy and Fields...gotta go. They are defined by losing and choking.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this yesterday...

Eight of the biggest blown leads in franchise history have come in the time Fields has been the quarterback.

I know many will jump too blame the D, but Sunday's game was exactly how most of them were lost. Good to great D for 3 quarters. Decent play by offense. Jump out to lead. Sit on thumbs fer a whole quarter. Defense tires and give up more yards and points in final 8 minutes than the previous 52 combined. Offense and Fields particularly, shrivel in crunchtime. Lose game.

I think they all gotta go, and it pains me to say that. Flus, Getsy and Fields...gotta go. They are defined by losing and choking.

Getsy is living off Rodgers play.......We dont have that luxury,maybe next year,but he still needs to go.
Eberfluss,getting back to the posts from the other day,shows no intensity on hhe sideline at all. I dont ever remember him getting fired up at all......
Not sure if you seen Ditka coach the Bears or not,but that was a coach that showed a lot of fire every game. If someone was not doing their job,he would put a boot up their ass.....
Not too mention some of the defensive calls he made,such az having Jones try to cover Njoku,what is dlineman doing trying to cover him going downfield??

This team needs that and Eburfluss just isnt the guy to light a fire under their ass......

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Fields' press conference and he was asked to walk them through one of the plays. It was the way Fields said "we ran the play that was called."

Seems like more players of late are trying to make a distinction that they don't agree with defensive and offensive play calls.

My :2cents: anyway.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this yesterday...

I agree, and what led to the defense failing, what was it 7 three and outs in a row? I dont even like seeing those 350 pound DT's having to sprint in and out of the huddles, but get to the sideline just to go back out there in 5 minutes is tough to do so many times in a row.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getsy is living off Rodgers play.......We dont have that luxury,maybe next year,but he still needs to go.
Eberfluss,getting back to the posts from the other day,shows no intensity on hhe sideline at all. I dont ever remember him getting fired up at all......
Not sure if you seen Ditka coach the Bears or not,but that was a coach that showed a lot of fire every game. If someone was not doing their job,he would put a boot up their ass.....
Not too mention some of the defensive calls he made,such az having Jones try to cover Njoku,what is dlineman doing trying to cover him going downfield??

This team needs that and Eburfluss just isnt the guy to light a fire under their ass......
It does not take much, but watching Jackson ole a tackle letting the ball carrier fall ahead three yards for the first down would at least lead to getting him pulled for a play or two. But this is a different era where players are catered to. They made Eddie Jackson the highest paid safety in football in his third year. The tone got set at that point. Now its, "It doesnt matter if that other guy is better than me, he got 20 million so I deserve 20 million. We are also at a point in society where it cannot happen anymore. Coach Q couldnt grab a video coach by the throat and beat him senseless in the locker room 10 years ago. This woke world sucks.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this yesterday...

That's what is so weird about the whole thing. We lose in such ways that everyone knows we're about to lose a game on the line. You just brace for impact at this point as a Bears fan. It happens time and time again where we fail to produce in the clutch. Yet, all the chatter from players and coaches (at least to the media and fans) is "WE'RE ON THE CUSP OF GREATNESS." The Kool Aid Virginia pours for the players is strong I guess. Cuz they're all in.

The best part of all this is that nobody knows what's going to happen. This offseason is going to be an absolute roller coaster. So I'll give it that, I'm intrigued and entertained by all of it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Sunday, heard a comparison that Fields has as many scrimmage yards, TD and INT in his last 32 games as Baker Mayfield and Carson Wentz have in their last 32 games. Would you want Mayfield or Wentz?

And for everyone clamoring for more weapons for Fields, please note DJ Moore had 3 consecutive 1100+ seasons (nearly 1200 yards in 16 games) with Mayfield, Darnold and Bridgwater throwing to him. Moore still needs about 350 yards with Fields in the next 3 games (1 extra game) to reach that target.
And yet Fields has more TD's, though he missed 3 games than Trevor Lawrence this year. And also keep in mind the three missed games when talking DJ's season totals.

Here is a Yahoo Sports quote from an NFL scout: " This is a better class than the last few years, but the 2020 class was better. ... [Joe] Burrow compares well to Williams. [Justin] Herbert to Maye. You could say McCarthy is this year's Tua [Tagovailoa]. Jayden Daniels is the Jalen Hurts. But 2020 had Jordan Love, too. I don't see that fifth guy this year."

To me, the coaching moves at seasons end will do the telling on what happens with Fields.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We trade the 1st pick for a kings ransom and keep Fields,then what do we do next season and he leaves us asking the same question as this year"should we trade him or not"......
After next seasons ladt year of his rookie contract,he is gonna get a huge pay day up to 40 mill or more......
Who will want to pay for him??
Thats another Daniel Jones.....and I wouldnt want Jones.

I think we keep the top two no.1s,take Caleb,Maye or Daniels as our qb,Harrison Jr if possible and the best tackle available.......

Id like to think CW has more of an upside in year 2 here than JF will have in year 5..........

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We trade the 1st pick for a kings ransom and keep Fields,then what do we do next season and he leaves us asking the same question as this year"should we trade him or not"......
After next seasons ladt year of his rookie contract,he is gonna get a huge pay day up to 40 mill or more......
Who will want to pay for him??
Thats another Daniel Jones.....and I wouldnt want Jones.

I think we keep the top two no.1s,take Caleb,Maye or Daniels as our qb,Harrison Jr if possible and the best tackle available.......

Id like to think CW has more of an upside in year 2 here than JF will have in year 5..........
People keep talking Tackle, not just you, and I have NO clue why? Braxton is doing fine at LT and we have a rookie at RT... Braxton has gotten better in each of his two seasons so far and no reason to believe he won't be even better next year. Take the best Edge, take another book end wide out opposite DJ or heck, even that TE kid is supposed to be something extraordinarily special... Getting me to watch another, I'm wide open Tonaweful drop on that TD pass ever again, I'm going to cry.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep talking Tackle, not just you, and I have NO clue why? Braxton is doing fine at LT and we have a rookie at RT... Braxton has gotten better in each of his two seasons so far and no reason to believe he won't be even better next year. Take the best Edge, take another book end wide out opposite DJ or heck, even that TE kid is supposed to be something extraordinarily special... Getting me to watch another, I'm wide open Tonaweful drop on that TD pass ever again, I'm going to cry.

Well as you said about Braxton Jones,Im on the Kmet has done decently for us bandwagon,so I dont see that as a need.......

Brock Bowers is the kid I THINK you are talking about from Georgia and if he is what Kelce was or maybe still is tupe of playet,I could see it.......but I dont know anything of him nor do I know anything about any of the draftees coming out other than what I read/hear.......Hes my surprise player of the season for us.

AS far as Tonyan,hes probably released end of season......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as you said about Braxton Jones,Im on the Kmet has done decently for us bandwagon,so I dont see that as a need.......

Brock Bowers is the kid I THINK you are talking about from Georgia and if he is what Kelce was or maybe still is tupe of playet,I could see it.......but I dont know anything of him nor do I know anything about any of the draftees coming out other than what I read/hear.......Hes my surprise player of the season for us.

AS far as Tonyan,hes probably released end of season......
I've always held the view that you can never have too much talent in the trenches, so I wouldn't have a conniption if the Bears used one of those first two picks on the OL. However, I do agree there are needier spots, with DE/Edge and WR being chief amongst them. Of course this is assuming we're holding onto Fields, which frees up both of those two 1sts. If Poles decides to trade him, then a QB will undoubtedly be the 1st chosen. Hopefully he gets a 2nd round pick out of the trade if this is the course he opts to take. This is a deep draft with respect to the various playmaker positions, so there should be some serious talent still on the board well into the 2nd round.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what is so weird about the whole thing. We lose in such ways that everyone knows we're about to lose a game on the line. You just brace for impact at this point as a Bears fan. It happens time and time again where we fail to produce in the clutch. Yet, all the chatter from players and coaches (at least to the media and fans) is "WE'RE ON THE CUSP OF GREATNESS." The Kool Aid Virginia pours for the players is strong I guess. Cuz they're all in.

The best part of all this is that nobody knows what's going to happen. This offseason is going to be an absolute roller coaster. So I'll give it that, I'm intrigued and entertained by all of it.
The margin between a bad team and a good team is not that far.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The margin between a bad team and a good team is not that far.
:agree:
Wonder what the margin is for good and bad coaches?
Bengals lose Burrow (8-6). Viking lose Cousins and Jefferson (7-7) and yet their coaches have those player competing.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders too. They fire McD and they get better.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard someone defend their stupid picks with Braxton will need to play right guard next year, like you need 6'5 blocking Fields poor reading of the field right in front of him. I am guessing OT is a sexy pick, cannot figure it out either. We have needed a center for 5 years now, it is our greatest need. Pick Harrison with the name and lineage first so he can be our #3 receiver? Definitely not going to be the one until Moore is fed up enough to want out. Mooney had nothing but upside until he got hurt, now it almost feels like eliminating him enough so he wont cost too much. So Harrison more because we wont have any ones left in a couple season is OK.
Then they go with the sexy 240 pound edge rushers that are about the right size to play the strong side linebacker spot. Not in a 4-3. They locked up Sweat for 5 years, I doubt they are changing the scheme, with or without everfluke.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a team give up a significant pick for a developmental QB with only 1 year on his contract?
iu

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would a team give up a significant pick for a developmental QB with only 1 year on his contract?
Kinda what we do here. Draft developmental players and then hire first-time head coaches who don't develop them.
So much fun.