• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Take a Jags Playoff Bid Seriously Yet?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Luck is coming back at some point. Early thought was Week 6 but maybe they wait til after the bye week? Luck is returning, the question is will it be too late if they wait til the by week which is week 10.

Well maybe but the problem is that the Colts are a pretty bad team right now and Luck has had very little practice with his receivers. Is he really going to help them overcome the trouncing they have faced against the better teams they have faced?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The colts are worse in probably every aspect now than in 2014. And I'm guessing Luck won't be as good as his pre-injury self as well.

But like ya said, we will see......probably in November.

Does it make sense at that point? Say for instance, the Colts are 2-8 heading into the bye week and Luck is ready to go. Unless you can win the division, do you even bother putting him in? Wouldn't you just let him rest the whole year if you got no chance of making the playoffs, draft a top prospect and work towards Luck playing next year?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it make sense at that point? Say for instance, the Colts are 2-8 heading into the bye week and Luck is ready to go. Unless you can win the division, do you even bother putting him in? Wouldn't you just let him rest the whole year if you got no chance of making the playoffs, draft a top prospect and work towards Luck playing next year?
I think at that point, he would want some game time. If he did sit out, that would be missing half his games in the last 3 years, that's not good for anybody.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know what the Jags are. Great defense and really solid running game. QB will still prevent them from doing a ton of damage because at some point teams will force Bortles to beat them and most of the time he can't.

I am happy to see them doing well. Living in Jax is more enjoyable when the local sports talk isnt always down in the dumps.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-2, and currently the 3 seed in the AFC. Have a victory over the Steelers, Ravens, and Texans. Easiest remaining schedule in the NFL.

I'll consider it at the half way point of the season. Injuries are decimating many teams and if they can get through 8 (or even 10) weeks relatively unscathed I'd give them a real good shot at taking that division.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with Bortles back there.

Still, nice to see the Jags finally doing something. Pretty soon those pools in the stadium will be pee yellow from the attendance spike!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Tom Coughlin.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that division is totally up for grabs.

The Texans offense might be really, really good. Maybe not their oline but it wouldn't shock me at all if they won the division with 2 of their best defenders out for the season just because they'll put up 35 every game. Watson's TDs are unsustainable but I think he can still make plays week in and week out. If I was pulling odds I think they are still the favorite.

Jacksonville is probably 2nd in my mind. They have the best defense in the division and that counts for something. Bortles is a backup level QB, though.

I'd rule out Indy but maybe Andrew Luck comes in for the last 6 games and they go 5-1 and take the division. All of the teams in that division have holes.

Tennessee looks like a weaker Houston even with Watt and Mercilus out.