• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got to earn it. Rodgers sat behind Favre. Brady sat behind Drew Bledsoe. Brees sat behind Doug Flutie. Steve young sat behind joe Montana. Joe Montana sat behind steve DeBerg. John Elway started out starting, but after being replaced by Steve DeBerg for 2 games he sat behind Steve DeBerg. I am a big proponent of letting a rookie QB learn on the bench and earn the position as starter. I know there are good QBs who start from day one (Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.) but they are much different types of QBs that Trubisky. I don't think Trubisky is NFL ready at this point. Mike Glennon may be average at the QB position, but he is definitely going to show Trubisky how to be a leader on and off the field. He will make for a great mentor. Mark Sanchez is a clumsy QB, but I think that is also why they brought him in, to help develop Trubisky. Mark Sanchez may suck in games, but one thing I've always heard about him is he is a consummate professional. If we had a sure fire starter that looks like a franchise QB coming out of college I would entertain the idea of starting him from day 1, but that's not what Trubisky is yet. Part of what played into his success in college was learning on the bench.

I am aware of all that, but those mentioned are ancient history. The game has changed. The game isn't too big for these kids anymore. Plus, the fact that he is Number 2 overall....he should play sooner than later IMO. Look at the Rams last year, I think most would agree that Fisher looked archaic in his treatment of Goff. Maybe he wasn't ready, but IMO that lends more to the idea that it wasn't a good pick. I don't want that to be the case here with the Bears.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is the biggest project in the draft...

And Alex Smith isn't a top ten QB. I think Mike Glennon is going to be about as good as Alex Smith, which is average. KC can wait a long time before seeing Mahomes play though. He could learn on the bench for over two years. That's quite the luxury if you ask me.

giphy.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What does where they were drafted/not draft have to do with it?" :L

Seriously? LMAO We are talking about the draft here. 1 year college QBs that did anything in the NFL. Warner and Garcia were good but THEY DIDN'T GET DRAFTED MUCH LESS GO #2 OVERALL.

Trubinsky is a 1 year starter and those are the guys you threw at me in comparison and now you're going 180/menopausal?

Cam Newton - I've already tried to break it down for you why he got to be #1 overall. He's a mutant and actually won big games in college.

:doobs:

Newton played one year. lol. They had the same amount of starts, 13. Holy hell.

Same amount of experience, and he worked out fine. One year = one year... 13 games = 13 games. You are blatantly trying to sidestep a blatant fact that proves your argument wrong. Like a six year old.

Seriously? LMAO We are talking about the draft here. 1 year college QBs that did anything in the NFL. Warner and Garcia were good but THEY DIDN'T GET DRAFTED MUCH LESS GO #2 OVERALL.

What did you just say? There's no way I am reading this...

No... We're not talking about the draft. The draft is over for Mitchell Trubisky. We're talking about being a successful NFL QB! Holy shit. LMAO! I must be dreaming you up. You can't be real. I swear man...

You said, name successful NFL QB's with one year of college experience. I named THREE. THREE guys with similar or identical experience to Trubisky... Then... you then decide; "No 6'6 QB's... and they must have been drafted high"... lol, Are you delusional dude?

"Name QB's who had one year college experience, who have had success in the NFL?"

*Names three*

"Oh... nooooo. No, you see... you can't choose those guys. Because the characteristics that define them... like their height, and where they got drafted. Yeah, I have made a rule, that those things don't count."

Are you off of your meds? :lol: How could you think that line of thinking has any place in society?

They didn't get drafted... Who cares? So, if Mitch Trubisky didn't get drafted, you'd be higher on him as a prospect? He'd have a better shot of becoming a good NFL QB? lol... this is hilarious. How do you even wipe your own ass?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently, we have somebody here who thinks Alex Smith is something other than a run of the mill, game manager. Yikes...

This dude is obviously a closeted KC homer.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, we have somebody here who thinks Alex Smith is something other than a run of the mill, game manager. Yikes...

This dude is obviously a closeted KC homer.
I have him anywhere from 9-12th best QB in the league, Glennon isn't in the top 30, that's more where the laugh comes from.

Smith finished 11th in QBR last year, he's a game manager who doesn't make mistakes, which is saying more than most of the QB's in today's league.

Once again, I"m a die hard phins fan, who paid close attention to the QB's in this years draft holding out hope that we can finally move past Trannyhill.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newton played one year. lol. They had the same amount of starts, 13. Holy hell.

Same amount of experience, and he worked out fine. One year = one year... 13 games = 13 games. You are blatantly trying to sidestep a blatant fact that proves your argument wrong. Like a six year old.

What did you just say? There's no way I am reading this...

No... We're not talking about the draft. The draft is over for Mitchell Trubisky. We're talking about being a successful NFL QB! Holy shit. LMAO! I must be dreaming you up. You can't be real. I swear man...

You said, name successful NFL QB's with one year of college experience. I named THREE. THREE guys with similar or identical experience to Trubisky... Then... you then decide; "No 6'6 QB's... and they must have been drafted high"... lol, Are you delusional dude?

"Name QB's who had one year college experience, who have had success in the NFL?"

*Names three*

"Oh... nooooo. No, you see... you can't choose those guys. Because the characteristics that define them... like their height, and where they got drafted. Yeah, I have made a rule, that those things don't count."

Are you off of your meds? :lol: How could you think that line of thinking has any place in society?

They didn't get drafted... Who cares? So, if Mitch Trubisky didn't get drafted, you'd be higher on him as a prospect? He'd have a better shot of becoming a good NFL QB? lol... this is hilarious. How do you even wipe your own ass?

Look at you with the novel and full-blown menopausal

image.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take criticism just fine, you were just an asshole about it, bud.

You came at me all wrong, and I don't play that ish, you feel me?

If you couldn't tell the butthurt reply was a joke, I don't know what to tell ya.

How did I "come wrong at you... BRO"

What kind of "ISH" did I give you

No... I don't "FEEL" you... So, come on BRUH... Talk 2 me MAYNE... Tell me about yo black Brett Favre some more.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you couldn't tell the butthurt reply was a joke, I don't know what to tell ya.

How did I "come wrong at you... BRO"

What kind of "ISH" did I give you

No... I don't "FEEL" you... So, come on BRUH... Talk 2 me MAYNE... Tell me about yo black Brett Favre some more.

evG03rz.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware of all that, but those mentioned are ancient history. The game has changed. The game isn't too big for these kids anymore. Plus, the fact that he is Number 2 overall....he should play sooner than later IMO. Look at the Rams last year, I think most would agree that Fisher looked archaic in his treatment of Goff. Maybe he wasn't ready, but IMO that lends more to the idea that it wasn't a good pick. I don't want that to be the case here with the Bears.
That's a different situation entirely. If Glennon is as bad as the Rams starter was (I forgot his name), then yes, we should see Trubisky. I don't think that happens though.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go fuck your mother, if you can find her.
I'm about to meet up with her in 30 minutes, going on a nice littel vacation this weekend to visit my grandmother.

I'm really excited about it, haven't seen my grandma in a long time, she's a really nice lady and she's coming to the end of her days.

I'm really happy that I get to see her again before she passes, the only problem is that I won't be able to fuck my mother, my mother's boyfriend is coming with us, and I really am not a fan of his.

He was my dad's best friend, you see, and when my father passed, he played the Mr nice guy "oh I feel so bad for you" blah blah, and the whole time he was just trying to pipe my dear mother. So now I'm stuck on a 4 hour drive thru Florida with her and him and I honestly would rather be anywhere else than that car.

I hope you understand, thanks for understand, god bless.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon never lost his job to Colin Kaepernick.
Kaep looked better in that year than Winston has the past two, and Winston is my favorite player.

No one knew at the time that Kaepernick would become a massive failure along with being a massive faggot.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about to meet up with her in 30 minutes, going on a nice littel vacation this weekend to visit my grandmother.

I'm really excited about it, haven't seen my grandma in a long time, she's a really nice lady and she's coming to the end of her days.

I'm really happy that I get to see her again before she passes, the only problem is that I won't be able to fuck my mother, my mother's boyfriend is coming with us, and I really am not a fan of his.

He was my dad's best friend, you see, and when my father passed, he played the Mr nice guy "oh I feel so bad for you" blah blah, and the whole time he was just trying to pipe my dear mother. So now I'm stuck on a 4 hour drive thru Florida with her and him and I honestly would rather be anywhere else than that car.

I hope you understand, thanks for understand, god bless.

Boo-fucking-hoo

Someone's gotta pipe your mother. You should be happy. You should want your mother to enjoy herself.

Reactions: TJL

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep looked better in that year than Winston has the past two, and Winston is my favorite player.

No one knew at the time that Kaepernick would become a massive failure along with being a massive faggot.
All I'm saying is Alex Smith is average. I would take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Cam, Ryan, Wilson, Rivers, Carr, Big Ben,
Stafford, Wentz, Winston, Eli, Dak, and Cousins over him in a heart beat.
Flacco, Dalton, Palmer, and Bradford are about the level of Alex Smith, and I'd probably take all but Bradford over him. Smith is a game manager for a dominant running offense. He's great as a mentor, but not even close to a franchise guy. That's part of the reason KC reached for a QB.

Reactions: TJL

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Pace say the only way to get a Q of this caliber is to draft at 2 is confusing because if he was such a lock why would there be so much backlash and excuse making by the homers. How many years are fan supposed to wait for a reasonable product? Imagine this, A team has a player with enough talent to be the very best but he needs help getting on the same page as his receivers what do you do? If you're the bears you ignore the problem and hope it goes away until you cut him and replace him with a boatload of nobody's. The anger is deserved but towards the organisation not each other.