• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you got it down man. Not like I've seen the movie with the Rams a few times who also had idiots running the show. It's almost like you are offended that your FO are idiots.

You don't give up the farm for a kid picked that early to sit. Goff wasn't ready and our Oline sucked. He still got in fairly quickly.

Either way.. Good luck with that

I'm offended by how little you know about this team, and all of the blatantly wrong things you are saying. I'm not offended that the Bears FO office is stupid... I'm offended that you are stupid, and willfully.

Also, what?

#1 - Giving up the farm = Two 3rd's and a 4th? Since when? lol. KC spent two firsts and a third on Pat f'ing Mahomes. So, what did they give? The entire fucking town?

#2 - Do you know how many GREAT QB's were taken early in the draft and sat early on? It's a VERY common thing. I think you're very ignorant to the game's history dude, or you're just very young. Because these young QB's playing immediately is something that just started happening a little while ago. It used to almost never be the case.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really didn't give up 3 in this draft. They gave up 2 picks in the draft. I don't think you really count the No. 3 overall, as they didn't lose anything on that, picking at 2.

True dat

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm offended by how little you know about this team, and all of the blatantly wrong things you are saying. I'm not offended that the Bears FO office is stupid... I'm offended that you are stupid, and willfully.

Also, what?

#1 - Giving up the farm = Two 3rd's and a 4th? Since when? lol. KC spent two firsts and a third on Pat f'ing Mahomes. So, what did they give? The entire fucking town?

#2 - Do you know how many GREAT QB's were taken early in the draft and sat early on? It's a VERY common thing. I think you're very ignorant to the game's history dude, or you're just very young. Because these young QB's playing immediately is something that just started happening a little while ago. It used to almost never be the case.

Well calm down there Virginia... I miss the Bears being good and lived in IL for the '85 team. Would like to see them good again or at least the Defense awesome again - I've just seen the "trade the farm for who?" movie before and it's not good.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, what?

Dammit boy! Name me 1 QB in the NFL currently that did jack squat with 1 year of college experience?

Cam Newton doesn't count because the guy is a mutant and actually won big games at the college level.

It's friday btw. It's all going to be ok

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my QB rankings for this draft as

1. Mahomes
2. Trubisky
3. Kizer
4. Kaaya
5. Watson

People are sleeping on Mahomes, and they shouldn't be, he has one of the best arms I've ever seen, and has never played football full time, he's always been a two way baseball player almost his whole life.

He's going to do big things learning from Smith and Reid, the reason Reid took him is because if you watch the tape, he looks like a black Brett Favre.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hype machine also works in other ways. Like spewing all over the airwaves that John Lynch is some prodigy in his first draft, and that the Bears got fleeced.

As per my draft value post, they really didn't, value-wise. Them getting "fleeced" is purely an opinion based solely on whether folks like Trubisky or not. Shouldn't have anything to do with the picks gained or lost as they were right where they should be. Just whether Trubs was worth it or not, which who really knows. He could easily be a bust, or the best QB in the draft. Only time will tell.

I look at it more of who you could gotten if you'd stayed put at #3 plus the other 2 picks.. "Fleeced" IMO because Trubinsky has done nothing and has 1 year of experience.

I think some other team was in play here and the Bears came in with a better offer.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it more of who you could gotten if you'd stayed put at #3 plus the other 2 picks.. "Fleeced" IMO because Trubinsky has done nothing and has 1 year of experience.

I think some other team was in play here and the Bears came in with a better offer.

I feel ya, tho nobody is guaranteed to be anything. The Draft is the ultimate gamble. Who knows when they'd be this high in the draft again and have that kind of trade value(No.3 pick) The No. 2 pick is worth 2600 points. If you don't have something like the No. 3 pick (2,200 pts) THEN you are seriously trading the farm to get up there and get that spot.

The Bears haven't been in the top 3 of the Draft since 1972. Only been in the top 5 three times since 1982.

I can definitely understand the thought process, of NOW is the time to get the top-rated QB.

Who knows what he'll do. As stated, there are no guarantees with any player. Jamal Adams could tear his knee up in training camp and never be the same. Nobody is a lock. Some are safer than others, but sometimes ya just gotta take a shot.

I can appreciate the Bears' balls in the move, even if it unnerves the fuck out of me.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya, tho nobody is guaranteed to be anything. The Draft is the ultimate gamble. Who knows when they'd be this high in the draft again and have that kind of trade value(No.3 pick) The No. 2 pick is worth 2600 points. If you don't have something like the No. 3 pick (2,200 pts) THEN you are seriously trading the farm to get up there and get that spot.

The Bears haven't been in the top 3 of the Draft since 1972. Only been in the top 5 three times since 1982.

I can definitely understand the thought process, of NOW is the time to get the top-rated QB.

Who knows what he'll do. As stated, there are no guarantees with any player. Jamal Adams could tear his knee up in training camp and never be the same. Nobody is a lock. Some are safer than others, but sometimes ya just gotta take a shot.

I can appreciate the Bears' balls in the move, even if it unnerves the fuck out of me.

Wait and see. If Watson keeps doing what he's been doing that one could be painful. One of these days that Bear D is going to be great again :suds:

"Make the Bears D great again"

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears are getting hammered in the media and subsequently by all the lemmings online.

I didn't care for it at first, but after doing some research and sleeping on it, I certainly understand the move.

And no, they did not give up the farm. They gave a 3rd and a 4th. They had two picks in the 4th, No 111 and 117, so they didn't lose out on that pick.

I imagine them trying to trade down from 36 and recoup some picks.

If Trubisky turns out to be a franchise guy, nobody will give two fucks about a 3rd and 4th rd pick.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait and see. If Watson keeps doing what he's been doing that one could be painful. One of these days that Bear D is going to be good :suds:

We'll see. Watson could be the next RG3 just as easily as he could be Dak Prescott.

Who knows? That's what makes it interesting I suppose.

I think the media in general has a hard-on for Chicago...they seem to revel in their misfortunes. I really feel they've made a mountain out of a molehill with this. Guys like Todd fucking Mcshay...fuck that guy. He thinks he knows it all every year, and every year he is wrong. Listening to him last night...he sounded like he was bitter that his mock draft sucked donkey balls to me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit boy! Name me 1 QB in the NFL currently that did jack squat with 1 year of college experience?

Cam Newton doesn't count because the guy is a mutant and actually won big games at the college level.

It's friday btw. It's all going to be ok

Lol... Cam Newton simply "doesn't count"? Yeah... sorry, he does. #1 overall pick after one year of experience... but he doesn't fall into what you're talking about with "pressure"? Because he's a good raw athlete? You know that's bull shit...

Cam Newton
Kurt Warner (3rd string at Northern Iowa until his senior year)
Jeff Garcia played just two years at a FBS school

The fact that I can easily bring up these three guys says a lot, considering the fact that your question is rather nonsensical. I mean, there hasn't been many scenarios like Newton or Trubisky... where a QB played only one year of college, and just lit the world on fire in that one opportunity before entering the draft. How many of those examples can you think of? There's really a small sample size of that happening, and actually... out of the guys we do have, there's a handful that did very well.

If a prospect has the ability to be a great NFL QB, he can become one. Regardless of how many games he played in college. That's silly logic. If you want to say that we don't actually know if he's good or not, due to that small sample size. That's a different argument.

Some might say the fact that he just walked out onto a college football field and commanded complete control over the game immediately is a notch under his belt. Not a minus.

Regardless, you embarrassed the hell out of yourself with your logic. Draft a RB? QB controversy? QB's don't sit? Address defense?... Pull your head out of your ass.

(On a side-note. People also fail to mention Trubisky would appear as apart of a two QB system at times in college. He played in 30 games total in 3 seasons. He just wasn't the full-time starter until his senior year. His Junior year he was 40 for 47 for 555 yards 6 TD's 0 INT's. It's not like the kid sat on his ass... is what I am saying.)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my QB rankings for this draft as

1. Mahomes
2. Trubisky
3. Kizer
4. Kaaya
5. Watson

People are sleeping on Mahomes, and they shouldn't be, he has one of the best arms I've ever seen, and has never played football full time, he's always been a two way baseball player almost his whole life.

He's going to do big things learning from Smith and Reid, the reason Reid took him is because if you watch the tape, he looks like a black Brett Favre.

The dude's got a huge arm, but displayed horrifically poor decision making and has the mechanical prowess of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.

He's a HUGE project, and had no business being a first round pick. Wouldn't have been in just about any other QB class.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Cam Newton simply "doesn't count"? Yeah... sorry, he does. #1 overall pick after one year of experience... but he doesn't fall into what you're talking about with "pressure"? Because he's a good raw athlete? You know that's bull shit...

Cam Newton

The fact that I can easily bring up these three guys says a lot, considering the fact that your question is rather nonsensical. I mean, there hasn't been many scenarios like Newton or Trubisky... where a QB played only one year of college, and just lit the world on fire in that one opportunity before entering the draft. How many of those examples can you think of? There's really a small sample size of that happening, and actually... out of the guys we do have, there's a handful that did very well.

If a prospect has the ability to be a great NFL QB, he can become one. Regardless of how many games he played in college. That's silly logic. If you want to say that we don't actually know if he's good or not, due to that small sample size. That's a different argument.

Some might say the fact that he just walked out onto a college football field and commanded complete control over the game immediately is a notch under his belt. Not a minus.

Regardless, you embarrassed the hell out of yourself with your logic. Draft a RB? QB controversy? QB's don't sit? Address defense?... Pull your head out of your ass.

(On a side-note. People also fail to mention Trubisky would appear as apart of a two QB system at times in college. He played in 30 games total in 3 seasons. He just wasn't the full-time starter until his senior year. His Junior year he was 40 for 47 for 555 yards 6 TD's 0 INT's. It's not like the kid sat on his ass... is what I am saying.)

FWIW, @SJ76 is a good dude. He ain't trolling brudda.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, @SJ76 is a good dude. He ain't trolling brudda.

Fair enough, seems like a nice guy.

Just been hearing this stuff all day, and the last thing I need to hear is how we should have drafted a RB. lol

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude's got a huge arm, but displayed horrifically poor decision making and has the mechanical prowess of Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.

He's a HUGE project, and had no business being a first round pick. Wouldn't have been in just about any other QB class.

The reason the Chiefs could take the chance, unlike the Bears should have, is that they are stacked, they have a solid top 10 QB, and have 10 picks in this years draft.

The Chiefs reaching was a smart gamble, the Bears reaching was pretty meh.

But Trubisky shows a lot of promise, he's an even bigger project than Mahomes imo.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Watson could be the next RG3 just as easily as he could be Dak Prescott.

Who knows? That's what makes it interesting I suppose.

I think the media in general has a hard-on for Chicago...they seem to revel in their misfortunes. I really feel they've made a mountain out of a molehill with this. Guys like Todd fucking Mcshay...fuck that guy. He thinks he knows it all every year, and every year he is wrong. Listening to him last night...he sounded like he was bitter that his mock draft sucked donkey balls to me.

Yeah, I don't know what it is... I thought when Cutler was gone, we'd get less shit. lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cam Newton

That's funny. Cam Newton and Trubinsky in the same sentence.

Warner - undrafted
Garcia - undrafted

Yeah you can throw Cam out. Trubinsky isn't 6'6 250 with a cannon. And he didn't win a natty to earn that #1 overall pick

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, seems like a nice guy.

Just been hearing this stuff all day, and the last thing I need to hear is how we should have drafted a RB. lol

I was pissed when the Rams did it with Goff. But we gave up more

My point was you could have gotten a stud at RB, DE, DB at #3. Fournette may have been a bad example

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the Chiefs could take the chance, unlike the Bears should have, is that they are stacked, they have a solid top 10 QB, and have 10 picks in this years draft.

The Chiefs reaching was a smart gamble, the Bears reaching was pretty meh.

But Trubisky shows a lot of promise, he's an even bigger project than Mahomes imo.

Dude, they spent two 1st's and a 3rd on a guy most thought was a 2nd round pick. Why don't people get this? They gave what the Bears traded for f'ing Cutler... lol

In no world, is that worse than giving a few middle round picks to get the consensus top QB prospect.

Also, by the times Mahomes is ready, that team could be a shell of what it has been the past couple of seasons. Not having a first next year could wind up being huge. A few injuries and bad breaks is all that keeps any team from finishing with a top ten pick.