• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfectly stated. And this ain't baseball, you only get 16 cracks at making the playoffs. Every game is critical. I'm sure the defensive players are rallying around the O, but I wouldn't blame them one bit if they're pissed. When you hold an Aaron Rodgers-led offense to 10 points, that's must-win territory right there.

Alex Brown (paraphrased) on social media: "Every game Mitch Trubisky says afterwards he has to get better. And every game it doesn't happen."

Khalil Mack left immediately after the game without speaking to the media.

Steve Young called the pick in the endzone "a high school football mistake."

So many more.

It's brutal out there.

But we scored 3 f*cking points with Super Bowl aspirations coming into the game...We deserve it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I originally wanted Watson, but supported Trubisky because we drafted him. Watson wasn’t the best QB at that position, but he was better than Trubisky. Sorry for supporting our QB after he had a good game. I guess that makes me a terrible fan.

ohhhhhh i see. Makes perfect sense. (rolls eyes)

foot in mouth

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the QBs in this draft there was no question to me Trubisky was the top guy. I even said if we were going the QB route, it would have to be Trubisky and only Trubisky. However, we sure gave up a lot to move up one spot. But I have to say, I am excited about this kid. And this is coming from a defensive fan. Some additional thoughts:

* Pace's job security will now be tethered to Trubisky.

* While it looks from the outside that Pace is showing a lot of balls here to take a developmental QB in a year where the owner demands improvement. Clearly Pace is hedging his bet with Glennon. I don't think Glennon is here to groom Trubisky, but rather to improve the team while Trubisky develops. In other words, if Glennon wasn't picked up, and Trubisky learns on the job, it's clear the Bears will have a losing record again and Pace could be out of a job next year. I still say sticking with Cutler for one additional year was the better move.

* This also explains why the Browns contemplated so much on taking Trubisky #1 knowing the Bears really wanted him. When the QBs they wanted were all gone by the time the Browns picked again at 12, they threw their hands up and traded down.

* The Bears tried really hard to not show their love for Trubisky but failed. They didn't even invite Trubisky for a private workout to throw off the scent but the Browns still knew. It's hard to keep a secret in the draft.

* A lot of offensive players taken, the second round should give us a solid defensive guy to take. I would be pretty pissed if we didn't draft defense in round 2.
Shut up stupid

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, I know everybody's fed up with our QB, but this is some of the worst play calling i've ever seen. The Bears could compete with a running game and harbaugh for 10 years.wtf

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QONVIyz.gif

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his sense of humor comes from desperation and doesn't come off well

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On GMFB this morning they had Scott Piolis thoughts on MT.....

Regardless of where you think MT is,you need to give him more time.Bears need to figure where he is.Bears traded up to get him,Bears need to let it run its course....
But if the Bears wanna move on from him,great,but what alternative do they have......?

Hows about drafting one with our second round.....?
If at first you dont succeed,try,try again......mho

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On GMFB this morning they had Scott Piolis thoughts on MT.....

Regardless of where you think MT is,you need to give him more time.Bears need to figure where he is.Bears traded up to get him,Bears need to let it run its course....
But if the Bears wanna move on from him,great,but what alternative do they have......?

Hows about drafting one with our second round.....?
If at first you dont succeed,try,try again......mho

I am completely fine with drafting another QB, but this season's regression is wholly on Nagy.

The mismanagement of this team, specifically Trubisky, has been unbelievable, from start-to-finish.

I am off the Nag-wagon. He needs to go. He is in over his head.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am completely fine with drafting another QB, but this season's regression is wholly on Nagy.

The mismanagement of this team, specifically Trubisky, has been unbelievable, from start-to-finish.

I am off the Nag-wagon. He needs to go. He is in over his head.

This from Charley Casserly.....

The word was out on MT that if you can keep him in the pocket,he will make bad choices....So far this season thats why he has not had the rushing yardage.....
He is not a pinpoint passer and he would sign Bridgewater this offseaso
n.....

I think Id rather take the chance on a 2nd rd pick or sign Winston.....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Charley Casserly.....

The word was out on MT that if you can keep him in the pocket,he will make bad choices....So far this season thats why he has not had the rushing yardage.....
He is not a pinpoint passer and he would sign Bridgewater this offseaso
n.....

I think Id rather take the chance on a 2nd rd pick or sign Winston.....

That is up to the coach to know that. If opposing coaches know it, than Nagy sure af should too. That makes his game-planning and game-calling that much more awful.

If you knew your QB was not an elite passer yet, why in the fuck would you 1)Skip pre-season, 2) Come out week 1 and throw it 50 times, 3) Avoid Montgomery and running in general until mid-season and 4) continually call ridiculous blocking schemes on a struggling o-line?

Couple that with retarded personnel choices, over-using gadgetry and just way too many head-scratching, in-game decisions...I think Nagy has been the worst coach in the league this year. He looks like an arrogant ass that bought his own hype, and thinks he's the reincarnation of Bill Walsh.

I realize Mitch has sucked, but Nagy hasn't done him any favors either.

We have zero draft picks worth a shit to trade and are about middle of the league in cap space...I don't think any of the available FA's are worth throwing too much money at. There is a very real possibility that Mitch is still our QB next year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is up to the coach to know that. If opposing coaches know it, than Nagy sure af should too. That makes his game-planning and game-calling that much more awful.

If you knew your QB was not an elite passer yet, why in the fuck would you 1)Skip pre-season, 2) Come out week 1 and throw it 50 times, 3) Avoid Montgomery and running in general until mid-season and 4) continually call ridiculous blocking schemes on a struggling o-line?

Couple that with retarded personnel choices, over-using gadgetry and just way too many head-scratching, in-game decisions...I think Nagy has been the worst coach in the league this year. He looks like an arrogant ass that bought his own hype, and thinks he's the reincarnation of Bill Walsh.

I realize Mitch has sucked, but Nagy hasn't done him any favors either.

We have zero draft picks worth a shit to trade and are about middle of the league in cap space...I don't think any of the available FA's are worth throwing too much money at. There is a very real possibility that Mitch is still our QB next year.

Yea,its not all Trubisky.....Nagy leaves us headscratching every game,but theres so much blame to go around,that Im not sure where to start it........

And Ive always said players make the tea,not the coach..........Hell Im awfully sure Bellicek couldnt turn this team around......

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what to do with this team. Unless there is a QB where we pick that looks good, we are stuck with a middling FA QB. If we keep Nagy around, I wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel is our back up next year. If we got a new coach, it’s like Trubisky is going straight back to square one. A struggling QB who hasn’t mastered an nfl offense with less than an offseason to learn the offense. I don’t like those odds. I think we are stuck with Trubisky. Maybe, if we can get a Reid assistant to call the offense, Trubisky won’t be at too serious of a disadvantage.

I think we are stuck with Trubisky. I think we should bring in a new HC and shit can Nagy. Nagy is just awful. He hasn’t learned a thing since starting his career here. We should use the draft to continue to build the defense and maybe an Olinemen (although I think Bars will be ready next year) and hope the new OC can have better luck with the offense. If Trubisky doesn’t improve, we draft a QB the following year. Can we bring Lovie back?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew if Trubisky failed that we were dead in the water...It is what it is. Yes, Nagy has blown the big one...but even a broken clock is right twice so we should luck into a few f*cking scores. Scoring a touchdown is on the level of a miracle occurrence for this team.

3gz1np.jpg

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to God...If Trubisky ends up on the Patriots and becomes a stud...

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling's getting more balanced and the kid's looking a little better. I think Nagy needs to shelf the whole rpo til trubisky's an actual threat to run. Just more examples of the coach proving he's a rookie too.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly think we need to go the FA route... Calm down and bring in an Eli perhaps for Trubisky to sit behind for a year... If Eli simply won't fit Nagy's system then find a FA veteran who best fits what Nagy wants to do. Then play it out and see how it goes and make decisions based on what we see....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly think we need to go the FA route... Calm down and bring in an Eli perhaps for Trubisky to sit behind for a year... If Eli simply won't fit Nagy's system then find a FA veteran who best fits what Nagy wants to do. Then play it out and see how it goes and make decisions based on what we see....

Honestly, I kinda think "systems" are bells and whistles bullshit. The game has a wood shop-teacher's handful of "systems". Generally, the GAME itself, dictates the the gameplan. Nagy's in-game coaching is a steaming pile of dogshit. A stubborn donkey, rolling in his own shit.