• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My beef is I think he would've been there at 3.

No way to know for sure, and obviously they felt he wouldn't be, but giving up two 3's and a 4 for one spot, is tough to swallow.

ANy time you take a QB that high, it's boom or bust...hopefully it's boom.
It was stupid

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing Pace say the only way to get a Q of this caliber is to draft at 2 is confusing because if he was such a lock why would there be so much backlash and excuse making by the homers. How many years are fan supposed to wait for a reasonable product? Imagine this, A team has a player with enough talent to be the very best but he needs help getting on the same page as his receivers what do you do? If you're the bears you ignore the problem and hope it goes away until you cut him and replace him with a boatload of nobody's. The anger is deserved but towards the organisation not each other.

Meh. The Bears had arguably the best draft of my lifetime last year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was stupid

I wouldn't go that far.

No way to know right now. If he ends up a stud, then it was the right move. If a bust, then obviously not.

Contrary to popular opinion, they did not give up too much, unless the guy is a bust, which no one can say for certain.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far.

No way to know right now. If he ends up a stud, then it was the right move. If a bust, then obviously not.

Contrary to popular opinion, they did not give up too much, unless the guy is a bust, which no one can say for certain.
They have too many needs to be giving up picks in my opinion. The guy is a prospect, and has a long way to go. Only give up all those picks if you are sure.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh. OK. Soooo, was something I said incorrect?

The one I quoted you just mentioned this years third and fourth, not next years third as well.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep looked better in that year than Winston has the past two, and Winston is my favorite player.

No one knew at the time that Kaepernick would become a massive failure along with being a massive faggot.

But thats part of the point, Kaepernick did well that year for one reason, he took off with the ball and ran. When San Fran tried to make him a pocket passer in a pro offense, he fizzled away. Well, that and the douche effect.

Reactions: TJL

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when you give up 3 picks in this draft - you're definitely not building much through the draft. You could have gotten a stud DB or a guy like Jonathan Allen at 3 who's going to be a dam good Dline guy for years.

They really didn't give up 3 in this draft. They gave up 2 picks in the draft. I don't think you really count the No. 3 overall, as they didn't lose anything on that, picking at 2.

@anotheridiot

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have too many needs to be giving up picks in my opinion. The guy is a prospect, and has a long way to go. Only give up all those picks if you are sure.

No bigger need than a QB.

The guy killed it at the combine, and had a great season last year, so I don't how much I buy into the prospect stuff. Sounds like Mel Kiper bullshit to me.

I think most felt he was the top prospect in the draft, and they obviously felt he wouldn't be there at 3. Who knows if that would've been true or not? If the guy turns out to be a stud, nobody will give a fuck about a 3rd and a 4th.

Which as I've stated, by value, was a fair trade. No one was fleeced, as the media would like to claim.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the position the Bears were in, with a stop-gap in Glennon, following a decade of Cutler preceded by 30 years of mediocrity at the position, and now in position to get a top guy now, can anyone really blame them for pulling the trigger on Trubisky?

It probably wouldn't have been my guy, but I certainly can understand the sentiment.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, part of my giving them the benefit of the doubt, is that we are coming off arguably the best draft in my lifetime in last year's draft.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Unfuckingbelievable. I liked Pace until a day ago. Now he's wrecked the franchise for three more years. Worst GM move since Redskins signing Albert Haynesworth.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfuckingbelievable. I liked Pace until a day ago. Now he's wrecked the franchise for three more years. Worst GM move since Redskins signing Albert Haynesworth.

Good to see you make an appearance Cubz!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew it was a bad draft class for offensive tackles and quarterbacks, but there will always be the over valuing of the quarterback while only 2 tackles were taken late in the first round. Latest humor on the radio is Pace knew what he is doing if thats what it takes to get a drew brees. They didnt draft drew brees. They claim we only signed Sanchez because of what he did to help Prescott and he knew what happened when he came out a year too soon, with many experts saying Trubisky could have used another year in school.

The only way this is a bust is if he never finds the field, and that means Glennon is playing great.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bigger need than a QB.

The guy killed it at the combine, and had a great season last year, so I don't how much I buy into the prospect stuff. Sounds like Mel Kiper bullshit to me.

I think most felt he was the top prospect in the draft, and they obviously felt he wouldn't be there at 3. Who knows if that would've been true or not? If the guy turns out to be a stud, nobody will give a fuck about a 3rd and a 4th.

Which as I've stated, by value, was a fair trade. No one was fleeced, as the media would like to claim.
They gave away three picks to move up one spot,that is stupid, in my opinion.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave away three picks to move up one spot,that is stupid, in my opinion.

I would've been totally stoked if we had done the exact same thing in the 2014 Draft and nabbed Aaron Donald who went one spot ahead to the Rams, and who the Bears were targeting.

I don't think it's near as "sky is falling" material as people seem to want to believe it is.

Now if he's out of the league in three years...then ya, the risk was certainly not worth the reward, but I think I'll let the kid play a down before I go full-Chicago fan and start chanting for the back up.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've been totally stoked if we had done the exact same thing in the 2014 Draft and nabbed Aaron Donald who went one spot ahead to the Rams, and who the Bears were targeting.

I don't think it's near as "sky is falling" material as people seem to want to believe it is.

Now if he's out of the league in three years...then ya, the risk was certainly not worth the reward, but I think I'll let the kid play a down before I go full-Chicago fan and start chanting for the back up.
Just giving my opinion. Being a Bears fan lately has made me less of a football fan in general.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just giving my opinion. Being a Bears fan lately has made me less of a football fan in general.

I agree. My initial reaction was to yell at the TV. I'm not a huge college fan, and don't follow it that closely, so I have to rely on the "experts".

The "experts" are wrong all the time tho.

I am inclined to give Pace the rest of the draft before I judge it in its entirety. I loved last year's draft. One of the best in my lifetime IMO, so I'd like to see what he does with the rest. Can he trade down and get some picks back? Who knows?

One thing seemed certain, everyone was done with Jay Cutler, and no one sees Mike Glennon as a long-term solution.

I wish Trubisky all the best. I hope 2 years from now, nobody even remembers the trade.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we can really do now is hope the bears give the kid what he needs to succeed. I believe the reason Cutler never reached his potential was all the missing pieces at every level. Get the kid a tutor, a veteran receiver and some time to read the D and maybe this pick won't seem so clumsy.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to let this play out to see what transpires.

I'm not convinced that one of the top defensive guys is the answer.
So the defense gets better.
We've had some great Bear defenses, as recently as with Lovie - yet won nothing. NOTHING.
And why didn't we win?
QB
Fact: 10 of the last 14 Super Bowls were won by only 4 QB.

As for the so-called draft experts ripping Pace and the Bears:
They don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
None of them even knew Pace had talked to Trubisky.
And none of them has ever been on the hook for building an NFL franchise.
So they can talk all they want about how stupid it was that the Bears didn't follow the desk-jockey's rankings.
They have zero accountability.

For the record, Fox Sports gave the Bears a grade of A-

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bit of an over reaction. This might have cost us a stud defender and maybe some borderline starters/special teamers. Good teams draft well every year. Pace has killed it in these drafts. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on Trubisky. When we signed Glennon to the one year prove it deal, I knew they were bringing him in to mentor a young QB. I kept saying the writing was on the wall for them to take a QB first. I thought it'd be Watson, but I was wrong there. This was Paces plan all along and he hid his hand until his turn to pick. This team isn't a playoff contender, but I seriously doubt they have a shot at any of the QBs coming out next year. Pace took his shot and gave up a few middle round picks for someone he liked. He's kicked the tires on many QBs in past years, but didn't come away with his guy. Mariotta and Garrapolo come to mind, but I'm sure there were more. If he can keep drafting like he has and Trubisky gets a year to develop, Pace has at least another draft to continue to prove himself, although I think he has 2 more at the very least. By then, if he keeps drafting like he has, and he is right about Trubisky like he was Mariota, the bears could be in a very good spot.

In response to my thought that we should try to lose as many games as possible last year, someone said good teams can find gems late in drafts. I agree with this notion, but when it comes to possible superstar QBs, those gems are much harder to find. There might be perceived better prospects than Trubisky next year, but there is no guarantee we will have a shot at them. Pace got the QB he wanted instead of a guy that fell to him. He will have more drafts to bring in talent, but this was his one opportunity to take a top end QB talent.