• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Trubisky (and draft so far)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfuckingbelievable. I liked Pace until a day ago. Now he's wrecked the franchise for three more years. Worst GM move since Redskins signing Albert Haynesworth.
Great to hear from you cali. Put me in the opposite boat, I never liked Pace till now. I'm fkn stoked.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the QBs in this draft there was no question to me Trubisky was the top guy. I even said if we were going the QB route, it would have to be Trubisky and only Trubisky. However, we sure gave up a lot to move up one spot. But I have to say, I am excited about this kid. And this is coming from a defensive fan. Some additional thoughts:

* Pace's job security will now be tethered to Trubisky.

* While it looks from the outside that Pace is showing a lot of balls here to take a developmental QB in a year where the owner demands improvement. Clearly Pace is hedging his bet with Glennon. I don't think Glennon is here to groom Trubisky, but rather to improve the team while Trubisky develops. In other words, if Glennon wasn't picked up, and Trubisky learns on the job, it's clear the Bears will have a losing record again and Pace could be out of a job next year. I still say sticking with Cutler for one additional year was the better move.

* This also explains why the Browns contemplated so much on taking Trubisky #1 knowing the Bears really wanted him. When the QBs they wanted were all gone by the time the Browns picked again at 12, they threw their hands up and traded down.

* The Bears tried really hard to not show their love for Trubisky but failed. They didn't even invite Trubisky for a private workout to throw off the scent but the Browns still knew. It's hard to keep a secret in the draft.

* A lot of offensive players taken, the second round should give us a solid defensive guy to take. I would be pretty pissed if we didn't draft defense in round 2.

I don`t think so........Someone wanted him,whether it waouston,I don`t know,but someone did.......So get a franchise qb this day-n-age,and hopefully he pans out,I don`t think we gave up much at all....What was it.....? Like a couple of mid round picks?.....big whoop.
If Trubisky turns into an elite qb,all would be forgiven....if not,oh well we lost out on a couple mid round picks............so what.

What I hated is we traded down to gain back our picks....that is fucking lame........Now we got to start picking from the bottom of the barrel rather than a very good prospect at no.2 had stayed pat.Not the 46th or 5th wtf ever it was.........lam-O!!!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don`t think so........Someone wanted him,whether it waouston,I don`t know,but someone did.......So get a franchise qb this day-n-age,and hopefully he pans out,I don`t think we gave up much at all....What was it.....? Like a couple of mid round picks?.....big whoop.
If Trubisky turns into an elite qb,all would be forgiven....if not,oh well we lost out on a couple mid round picks............so what.

What I hated is we traded down to gain back our picks....that is fucking lame........Now we got to start picking from the bottom of the barrel rather than a very good prospect at no.2 had stayed pat.Not the 46th or 5th wtf ever it was.........lam-O!!!

This idiotic notion of "if he turns into a franchise QB then..." somehow this was worth it, is starting to catch fire so let me extinguish it now.

Even if Trubisky eventually turns into a Joe Montana, we still overpaid to move up one spot to get him. End of story.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he gave up three pick to move up one spot.

But that one spot is worth a lot.

nfl trade value chart - Google Search

You can't get to No. 2 without giving up some picks. Was it worth it? There are so many variables into that question. It's not as simple as yes, or no. If it's the guy they truly coveted and there was even a semblance of a chance that you would lose him over one spot!?!... (Just as in the Aaron Donald draft I referenced earlier) Goddamnit, go get him!

The picks are not the end of the world. It now has ostensibly worked out to be a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year, which at any point in the next year, we could recoup through other moves.

It really is being overblown, because most "experts" (which, ftr are akin to weathermen or Jehovah's Witnesses' prophets, in that they have zero accountability to their predictions) believe this is a poor QB class. Well, I personally have noticed that-that may now be a trend, as they said the same shit last year, for weeks leading up to the draft, wherein QB's ended up going 1 and 2.

The picks given up are recoverable and will mean absolutely nothing if the kid turns out to be the second coming of Aaron Rodgers. If you don't believe he will be worth a shit, that is certainly a viable opinion and you are obviously entitled to that opinion, but I don't think the picks given are that big of a deal, other than personal preferences out what respective folks think they COULD'VE gotten insteaf of Trubs.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought...

Everyone thought the Bears were moving up to #2 for Solomon Thomas. Trubisky wasn't even brought in for a private workout, so Pace's infatuation with him was well hidden. So why would there have been other teams trying to move up to #2 for Trubisky? Why wouldn't they just wait til #4 pick (or later) to get Trubisky? Unless SF was telling everyone Trubisky would be their pick. And if that's the case, Pace didn't move up to block Cleveland or KC or any other team, it was a move up to take Trubisky from SF. And SF's price tag was steep. So Pace may not have been out foxed but more meeting SF's demand for Trubisky.

In the end all this secrecy by Pace of wanting Trubisky was all for nothing. He gained nothing from keeping this a secret.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought...

Everyone thought the Bears were moving up to #2 for Solomon Thomas. Trubisky wasn't even brought in for a private workout, so Pace's infatuation with him was well hidden. So why would there have been other teams trying to move up to #2 for Trubisky? Why wouldn't they just wait til #4 pick (or later) to get Trubisky? Unless SF was telling everyone Trubisky would be their pick. And if that's the case, Pace didn't move up to block Cleveland or KC or any other team, it was a move up to take Trubisky from SF. And SF's price tag was steep. So Pace may not have been out foxed but more meeting SF's demand for Trubisky.

In the end all this secrecy by Pace of wanting Trubisky was all for nothing. He gained nothing from keeping this a secret.

But it wasn't steep. It was market-value.

They have already recovered the 4th rd pick for 9 spots in the 2nd.

The deal is ostensibly now this year's third and next year's 3rd for a shot at a franchise QB and a move up that equals 400 pts in value.

The third rounder given this year, is worth 255 pts.

The third next year, could be from 116 to 265 depending on pick order.

Worst case-scenario, (i.e. dead last and the league) and we're 265, 120 over fair trade value. Basically a late 3rd rounder.

That's worst case-scenario.

Two thirds in consecutive years for what they believe is their franchise QB is nowhere near crazy.

It's only crazy because "experts" say he's not a franchise QB.

I'm not sold on that yet.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it wasn't steep. It was market-value.

They have already recovered the 4th rd pick for 9 spots in the 2nd.

The deal is ostensibly now this year's third and next year's 3rd for a shot at a franchise QB and a move up that equals 400 pts in value.

The third rounder given this year, is worth 255 pts.

The third next year, could be from 116 to 265 depending on pick order.

Worst case-scenario, (i.e. dead last and the league) and we're 265, 120 over fair trade value. Basically a late 3rd rounder.

That's worst case-scenario.

Two thirds in consecutive years for what they believe is their franchise QB is nowhere near crazy.

It's only crazy because "experts" say he's not a franchise QB.

I'm not sold on that yet.

You're predicating all this on some chart the Dallas Cowboys (or whoever) made up 20 years ago. I believe the chart values are not static, they change depending on the strength of the class. If a class has no clear #1, you're not going to convince me there is a 400 point difference between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks. That makes no sense. And this class outside of Garett had no runaway talent. Even Myles Garett was questionable. You think there is a 400 point difference between Solomon Thomas and Trubisky because of some chart?

In fact this was precisely the criticism of this years draft. That when compared to say last year, alot of these top guys wouldn't be the top guys at all. Also numerous reports indicating it would have been difficult for the Bears to even trade down because there was no clear stud.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Chicago sports (besides the sox), but we have to have one of the dumbest fanbases in the country. This is why I say we will never have a good QB. We're already booing a guy that has only been drafted and not even played. Seriously, fuck any fan that has booed this kid. Give him a chance before you be an asshole. I'm so sick of this shit. Does anyone notice that we're one of the only fan bases that are actually loud on our own offensive drives? I lived in St. Louis and going to Blackhawks games down there was borderline embarrassing with all the hammered fans talking endless amounts of shit. Have some respect for your opponents and support your guys! At least support your guys until they have proven to suck...

Trubisky booed by Bulls fans at United Center

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread really blew up today.

If he works out the picks are a wash. But Daggummit I want to see the monsters of the midway on D

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Chicago sports (besides the sox), but we have to have one of the dumbest fanbases in the country. This is why I say we will never have a good QB. We're already booing a guy that has only been drafted and not even played. Seriously, fuck any fan that has booed this kid. Give him a chance before you be an asshole. I'm so sick of this shit. Does anyone notice that we're one of the only fan bases that are actually loud on our own offensive drives? I lived in St. Louis and going to Blackhawks games down there was borderline embarrassing with all the hammered fans talking endless amounts of shit. Have some respect for your opponents and support your guys! At least support your guys until they have proven to suck...

Poor kid has so much hype to live up to and hardly any experience.

But it also sounds like the fans were booing all game

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this so fucking much

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

been to one home game, and the bolded stood out to me like a sore thumb

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh calm down Mr Sensitive. Talk about dumb fan bases, you and your bs melodrama.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're predicating all this on some chart the Dallas Cowboys (or whoever) made up 20 years ago. I believe the chart values are not static, they change depending on the strength of the class. If a class has no clear #1, you're not going to convince me there is a 400 point difference between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks. That makes no sense. And this class outside of Garett had no runaway talent. Even Myles Garett was questionable. You think there is a 400 point difference between Solomon Thomas and Trubisky because of some chart?

In fact this was precisely the criticism of this years draft. That when compared to say last year, alot of these top guys wouldn't be the top guys at all. Also numerous reports indicating it would have been difficult for the Bears to even trade down because there was no clear stud.

It's the base guideline.

It is universally used as at the very least, the starting point.

Let me ask you this. Is there a difference in their salaries? Does the No. 1 get more money than the No. 3? Is that static?

The draft trade value is pretty fucking static. 20 years, and it hasn't veered an inch.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh calm down Mr Sensitive. Talk about dumb fan bases, you and your bs melodrama.
That shit sets me off. It seems like Chicago fans would rather boo a shitty team than cheer on a good one.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shit sets me off. It seems like Chicago fans would rather boo a shitty team than cheer on a good one.

Trubisky will get over it and it'll have zero impact on his development or the team.