• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid, I understand why it exists with the notion of amateurism, but this is something that should have been tossed when NIL was introduced. Once you unequivocally state money is in the game, you can't be having those rules. Make a rule for a paid advanced scout, like every pro sport does, and move on.

I understand why some jimmies are rustled as I am sure *some* schools are compliant, but I bet you anything a bunch of them have "fans" sending them clips all the time of these signals. It's certainly a step up from hamburger discourse and I can understand why the NCAA would even bother to enforce this, but it's nonsense to keep this on the books in the NIL era and beyond. This is another thing that will get the NCAA left behind.

Last edited:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid, I understand why it exists with the notion of amateurism, but this is something that should have been tossed when NIL was introduced. Once you unequivocally state money is in the game, you can't be having those rules. Make a rule for a paid advanced scout, like every pro sport does, and move on.

I understand why some jimmies are rustled as I am sure *some* schools are compliant, but I bet you anything a bunch of them have "fans" sending them clips all the time of these signals. It's certainly a step up from hamburger discourse and I can understand why the NCAA would even bother to enforce this, but it's nonsense to keep this on the books in the NIL era and beyond. This is another thing that will get the NCAA left behind.
Is there evidence that other schools have laminated sheets with their opponents' play call motions prior to the games?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy who made 55k last year he has an awful lot of money to buy tickets and flights
He doesn’t go to any of the games.

He has a cabal of code breakers he’s known since his days at the Naval Academy that do the data collection for him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn’t go to any of the games.

He has a cabal of code breakers he’s known since his days at the Naval Academy that do the data collection for him.

how does that make my point any less factual

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not flying to games he doesn’t go to.

and you think these other guys are paying for the flights themselves?

Come on Smitty. This is all going to land back on someone higher up the chain. My guess is Connor physically went to a fair amount of games in 21 and when they figured out how good he was at it he ended up on the sidelines and he got other people involved.

At the end of the day if the tickets etc are being paid for by university funds those people are de facto employees.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you think these other guys are paying for the flights themselves?

Come on Smitty. This is all going to land back on someone higher up the chain. My guess is Connor physically went to a fair amount of games in 21 and when they figured out how good he was at it he ended up on the sidelines and he got other people involved.

At the end of the day if the tickets etc are being paid for by university funds those people are de facto employees.
I don’t think most, or hardly any of these scouting trips require flights tbh.

These are weekends in BIG country. You aren’t going to be short on dudes willing to road trip. Don’t know how many BIG schools have Navy ROTC, but it’s more than a couple. Michigan, tOSU, Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern, there might be more, idk. There’s an easy network for free couches to sleep on if need be.

Seems like the evidence is in that a guy bought them with his own money. And they aren’t suite seats. To scout you’re going to need to be up a bit from the field. Couple maybe three grand total seems ballpark.

Stalions himself volunteered his time with the program for years before being elevated to paid assistant. I’m sure he knows plenty of like minded young men willing to put in work for Jimbo KhakiPants.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think most, or hardly any of these scouting trips require flights tbh.

These are weekends in BIG country. You aren’t going to be short on dudes willing to road trip. Don’t know how many BIG schools have Navy ROTC, but it’s more than a couple. Michigan, tOSU, Penn State, Purdue, Northwestern, there might be more, idk. There’s an easy network for free couches to sleep on if need be.

Seems like the evidence is in that a guy bought them with his own money. And they aren’t suite seats. To scout you’re going to need to be up a bit from the field. Couple maybe three grand total seems ballpark.

Stalions himself volunteered his time with the program for years before being elevated to paid assistant. I’m sure he knows plenty of like minded young men willing to put in work for Jimbo KhakiPants.

he should be fired for wearing pleated khakis if nothing else

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone took a clear picture of Stalions lamented card that he used on the sidelines of Michigan games:

1698254287844.png

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't sound good. From the detroit free press.

Connor Stalions reportedly texted about stealing signs from tv for michigan football

At some point he detailed his relationship with UofM football coaches and how he stole signs in text messages with friends, according to a SI report.

He bragged about his "close" relationship with members of the coaching staff such as current LB coach Chris Partridge. And rb & assistant special teams coach Jay Harbaugh, son of Jim.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a dog in the race, so here is my take. Not that anyone cares.

At this point, there is at least some evidence to back up each of the key allegations in this case. And so far, all we have is what has been released publicly--there is no doubt way more evidence that's been given to the NCAA. From the evidence so far, it looks like a low-level Michigan employee or his agents attended the games of future opponents and video recorded the opposing sideline--thereby apparently breaking NCAA rules against advance scouting and recording signs. This same guy was then seen on the Michigan sidelines during games, speaking with the team's coaches. Imo, there isn't really any other plausible explanation for the actions taken.

I think the only question is what kind of punishment the NCAA will hand out. Knowing the NCAA and its usual lack of guts, it'll end up being some tap on the wrist.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's the fan boy himself, standing next to khaki pant man.

Mr. 600 page manifesto...... :pound:

1698263974410.png