• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just keep ignoring things so I can continue to laugh at you.

You've accused me of posting incorrect numbers. And that's total bullshit from you. You just can't/won't accept them.

Like I said all stats posted for this conversation are from PTI and sportscenter.

Keep talking in circles. You're arguing with what the actual stats have to say.
what did I say was a bullshit number?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did I say was a bullshit number?

You're joking?

Okay I'll continue to play your little game.

No the numbers don't lie. Here are more numbers you can ignore. Before & after hiring Connor Stalions as an off field analyst.

before

W/L: 69-24

PPG: 33.6

opp. ppg- 17.8

ppg diff: +15.8

after

W/L: 21-1

PPG: 40.5

opp. ppg- 12.4

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're joking?

Okay I'll continue to play your little game.

Do you need another example?
I'm not saying those numbers are bullshit, but the "after" are for this season and last season. Was last season the only other year Stalions was an analyst for Michigan? I thought people said he was around longer than that.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but I doubt he will be punished unless there are facts showing he knew or should have known about this scheme. A coach can't know everything that is going on by his players and coaches on their own time. When a player gets busted to PED's, or a coach is caught smoking crack, that isn't something that would cause a head coach to get in trouble.

don't you think it's a pretty logical question to ask how Stallions was so effective at decoding signals

the answer (at best) is he didn't want to

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't you think it's a pretty logical question to ask how Stallions was so effective at decoding signals

the answer (at best) is he didn't want to
You assume that he was effective. Maybe he played dumb and only made sure that he was the guy in the room making keen observations first.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You assume that he was effective. Maybe he played dumb and only made sure that he was the guy in the room making keen observations first.

I assume it was effective??

lol why would they have some low level guy standing directly next to Jim during games otherwise?

Jesus dude there is plausible deniability and then there is Michigan fans during this

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume it was effective??

lol why would they have some low level guy standing directly next to Jim during games otherwise?

Jesus dude there is plausible deniability and then there is Michigan fans during this
Standing right next to Harbaugh? It's my understanding he was in the booth stealing signs. That was his job.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standing right next to Harbaugh? It's my understanding he was in the booth stealing signs. That was his job.

there's multiple pics of him on the field next to Jim

he wasn't doing this during the game it was all his minions videoing previous games for him to breakdown prior

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's multiple pics of him on the field next to Jim

he wasn't doing this during the game it was all his minions videoing previous games for him to breakdown prior
That's definitely information I would need to know about to determine potential severity of penalties that should be levied. If this is a guy glued to Harbaugh every game then that is way different than having one of many analysts in a booth.

It's my understanding that once the analysts feel that they've got signs, they run down to the sidelines to tell the coaches. I wonder if that's all these pictures were.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it is acceptable for *ichigan fans to cheat to win.....
fans cheating effects a team now? sound more grown up and logical if you could bring yourself to type the M. Man, you all need... hell i dont know what you need.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is arguably the best qb in the country. It is silly to even try to claim otherwise. His numbers back it up. You want to discount winning the Heisman while also touting being a qb prospect as the golden standard instead? There have been a TON of top picked QB's that have been major busts. It's just as subjective of a metric. McCarthy's numbers back up the claim, so I have actual stats on my side. Continue to whine if you must. I'll just sit back and watch my team continue to dominate.

You know what, when he puts up good numbers on a team with <100 SOS then I'll be impressed. He's beat up on who? Every shit team in the country? How many P5 non-conference games did he play? Hell, how many P5 conference games has he played so far? Because fuck their schedule is weak. He's got good numbers, sure, but who wouldn't? Penix has played Oregon and Arizona, Nix has played Utah, Williams has played 4 quality opponents, Maye has played Minnesota (common opponent) and put up better numbers than McCarthy, Daniels plays in the SEC so enough said there, Travis has played LSU, Clemson and Duke.. so they're all putting up numbers against real teams, meanwhile.. McCarthy does it against opponents with a combined record of 37-44. Get real

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will I, with a better SOS and SOR so far without having to cheat to do it dumbass.
FSU has had a cupcake schedule as well. I would imagine they would be the weakest of the undefeated teams to end the year, and if UW remains undefeated, I imagine the top four for the playoffs will be Georgia, Mich, OSU, and UW

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*ichigan fans. Will you hold Harbaugh to his own words?

"You always want to be above reproach, especially when you're good, because you don't want people to come back and say, 'They're winning because they're cheating.' That's always going to be a knee-jerk reaction in my experience, ever since I was a little kid. We want to be above reproach in everything and do everything by the rules," Harbaugh said. "Because if you don't, if you cheat to win, then you've already lost, according to Bo Schembechler. And Bo Schembechler is about next to the word of God as you can get in my mind. It's not the word of God, but it's close."