• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on the Michigan sign stealing allegations?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you haven't given examples, only before and after numbers, which can always be slanted. Answer me this at least: do you think it is impossible for Michigan to have those stats these last two years without stealing signs?

"which can always be slanted":laugh3:

del-griffith-oh-sure-sure.gif

Homer on man. People can be biased. But numbers never are.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and for what it's worth, I hope OSU doesn't fuck this Rutgers game up. I want Mich and OSU to be #1 and #2 when they play each other

If we lose, it was because Rutgers stole our signs.

And it does not matter what happens to the *ichigan game because we lose, it is due to the sign stealing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think it is impossible for Michigan to have those stats these last two years without stealing signs?

The increase in those stats didn't happen until Stalions got to ann arbor. But you choose to ignore that.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The increase in those stats didn't happen until Stalions got to ann arbor. But you choose to ignore that.
not sure those numbers are correct then. You list only two years worth of stats for "after" but wasn't Stalions at Michigan for three years? In the last two years Michigan also added arguably the best QB, RB, and OL but you choose to ignore that.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt that whatever michigan did,after smu got the death penatly i doubt another team will get it.really seems unfair to take away any team,s football program,especially one as revered as michigan,s.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure those numbers are correct then. You list only two years worth of stats for "after" but wasn't Stalions at Michigan for three years? In the last two years Michigan also added arguably the best QB, RB, and OL but you choose to ignore that.

I got those numbers from PTI and sportscenter. But keep pretending they're fake. It's rather funny.

Who has UofM played this year? Not a single ranked team.

I haven't ignored anything. You're the only person calling UofM's QB elite. And spare me Heisman crap. That award's been pretty much meaningless since 1956 when they gave it to Paul Hornung for guiding N.D. to a 2-8 record. It's a QB award. Not an award for the best player in the country.

I'll give you the rb, he's a good one.

As far as your OL. I don't believe anything you say because you've proven yourself to be a homer.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy arguably is the best qb in the country. That isn't controversial, but definitely subjective. But don't take my word for it, just look at professional vegas oddsmakers, who also seemingly agree with that proposition. I think McCarthy is legit because I've seen all of his games, and he passes the eye test. Same with Penix.

And then you conclude that I "don't know ball" somehow? That isn't logical. Is this how all FSU fans operate or just you?

There's nothing arguable about there being at LEAST 3 QBs significantly better than him. And if you could comprehend what was already said, you'd know that Heisman =/= best QB in the country. It's a fuckin award for fucks sake. Do you actually think Penix is the best QB in the country because he's first on the oddsmakers list? Because every single draft expert has Williams and Maye as 1-2, so why aren't they 1-2 on the Heisman odds?

And yes, it's very obvious you don't know ball dumbass

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got those numbers from PTI and sportscenter. But keep pretending they're fake. It's rather funny.

Who has UofM played this year? Not a single ranked team.

I haven't ignored anything. You're the only person calling UofM's QB elite. And spare me Heisman crap. That award's been pretty much meaningless since 1956 when they gave it to Paul Hornung for guiding N.D. to a 2-8 record. It's a QB award. Not an award for the best player in the country.

I'll give you the rb, he's a good one.

As far as your OL. I don't believe anything you say because you've proven yourself to be a homer.
these QB numbers aren't elite?
1699131060588.png

UofM won the award for best OL last year. At least come with facts if you want to argue. You argue that Michigan hasn't played anyone this year while also trying to back up your argument that because Michigan is 21-1 since Stalions arrived then they must be cheating. 21-1 doesn't seem like a lot of games for almost 3 full seasons.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just retarded and there's no way to win this without also being retarded so I'll let you just continue on believing a guy who's not even ranked as a top 3 QB draft prospect is obviously the best QB in the country.
McCarthy is arguably the best qb in the country. It is silly to even try to claim otherwise. His numbers back it up. You want to discount winning the Heisman while also touting being a qb prospect as the golden standard instead? There have been a TON of top picked QB's that have been major busts. It's just as subjective of a metric. McCarthy's numbers back up the claim, so I have actual stats on my side. Continue to whine if you must. I'll just sit back and watch my team continue to dominate.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing arguable about there being at LEAST 3 QBs significantly better than him. And if you could comprehend what was already said, you'd know that Heisman =/= best QB in the country. It's a fuckin award for fucks sake. Do you actually think Penix is the best QB in the country because he's first on the oddsmakers list? Because every single draft expert has Williams and Maye as 1-2, so why aren't they 1-2 on the Heisman odds?

And yes, it's very obvious you don't know ball dumbass
I've watched Penix play. He is legit. I have watched McCarthy play, and he is also legit. Their numbers back that up. Are they the best in the country? One can reasonably make that claim. This isn't controversial.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these QB numbers aren't elite?
View attachment 345225

UofM won the award for best OL last year. At least come with facts if you want to argue. (1)You argue that Michigan hasn't played anyone this year while also trying to back up your argument that because Michigan is 21-1 since Stalions arrived then they must be cheating. 21-1 doesn't seem like a lot of games for almost 3 full seasons.

I'm not arguing, you are.

Stating fact isn't an argument. You're in denial about what the numbers really say.

Am I wrong in saying UofM has yet to play a ranked team? No I'm not.

# 1- And I got the info to back up your team's played nobody so far.

E. Carolina (1-7), UNLV (6-3), Bowling Green (5-4), Rutgers (6-3), Nebraska (5-4), Minnesota (5-3 / currently beating Illinois 17-14 @ HT)), Indiana (3-6), Michigan State (3-6)

34-36 combined record. Of the 8 teams UofM has beaten only two of them are bowl eligible (as of right now).

I stand by what I've been telling you. UofM hasn't played anyone, they haven't played a ranked team this season.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing, you are.

Stating fact isn't an argument. You're in denial about what the numbers really say.

Am I wrong in saying UofM has yet to play a ranked team? No I'm not.

# 1- And I got the info to back up your team's played nobody so far.

E. Carolina (1-7), UNLV (6-3), Bowling Green (5-4), Rutgers (6-3), Nebraska (5-4), Minnesota (5-3 / currently beating Illinois 17-14 @ HT)), Indiana (3-6), Michigan State (3-6)

34-36 combined record. Of the 8 teams UofM has beaten only two of them are bowl eligible (as of right now). Only 5 of 8 teams played has a winning record.

I stand by what I've been telling you. UofM hasn't played anyone, they haven't played a ranked team this season.
I don't disagree with any of this. Michigan has had a stupid easy schedule thus far, but you also posted this:

No the numbers don't lie. Here are more numbers you can ignore. Before & after hiring Connor Stalions as an off field analyst.

before

W/L: 69-24

PPG: 33.6

opp. ppg- 17.8

ppg diff: +15.8

after

W/L: 21-1

PPG: 40.5

opp. ppg- 12.4

ppg diff: +28.1
You posted these numbers trying to claim that Stalions is the reason why they don't lose anymore but you then acknowledge that they haven't actually played a decent team yet.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of this. Michigan has had a stupid easy schedule thus far, but you also posted this:

You posted these numbers trying to claim that Stalions is the reason why they don't lose anymore but you then acknowledge that they haven't actually played a decent team yet.

You just keep ignoring things so I can continue to laugh at you.

You've accused me of posting incorrect numbers. And that's total bullshit from you. You just can't/won't accept them.

Like I said all stats posted for this conversation are from PTI and sportscenter.

Keep talking in circles. You're arguing with what the actual stats have to say.