• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Clowney?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will he be the great beyond belief? It was funny to see him out run Johnny F and Kaps, Cam. I think he will be amazing as he can literally run down down any RB or QB that gets past him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW covers it. But I will expand.

This kid has been NFL ready since HS. He has the ability, instinct, athleticism, and the NFL ready body to be great.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely has the talent... I'd like to see his strength at a higher level, but other than that, the kid is solid!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think he will go number 1 overall? And to the Texans?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does ol foot since I have been trying to get JJ Watt for 2 years now and the guy in my league who has him wont budge. Watt has become an obsession to me now exspecially since the guy who owns him is sooo conservative and maybe makes one trade a year. That the chance of me getting him are none and no way. SO I figure if Clowney goes to the Texas he would be the next best thing at DE.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy O'Brien passing on having the first crack at these QBs?
Not too sure about that one, but if he does, he'd be insane to NOT take Clowney.
Top 3 pick unless something crazy happens in the next 6-8 weeks.

BTW - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the JAX signing of Henne. That pretty much guarantees that Clowney won't fall past the 3rd pick, and gives my Rams some nice leverage to any non-JAX team that wants Clowney, should Houston pass on him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those QBs are worth the number one pick.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston was one of the worst pass rushing teams in the league last year. They beat up on a completely injured Seattle O-Line (literally every one of their starters was out) but outside of some games they were pretty horrible. Watt is getting double teamed a ton and drawing a ton of blocking attention, he needs someone opposite of him to get some pressure going. If Clowney lives up to the hype that means either him or Watt are going to be one on one which is highly dangerous.

There are a lot of mid-late 1st and early 2nd grade QBs that Houston can pick up and plug in. But for a D that forced so few sacks, gotta fix that position and why not do it with the best DE prospect in over a decade and let him get mentored by possibly the best DE in football.

QB will be there later.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those QBs are worth the number one pick.

There are a lot of mid-late 1st and early 2nd grade QBs that Houston can pick up and plug in......QB will be there later.

I agree completely here, but when you have so many QB hungry teams, 2nd and 3rd round QBs become 1st rounders (EX - Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Tannehill, Geno Smith). I just think someone in the top 5 is going to open the flood gates, and Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel will all get snapped up quick once 1 of them goes.

Clowney is the pick, but every coach/GM wants to be the guy that landed the franchise QB and ride it out for 10 seasons.

Last edited by a moderator: