• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Those Cheating Ravens!

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm anything but a homer. I never denied any transgressions by the Pats. It's my applying an accurate scope to it that you're struggling with.

You want it both ways but your double standard doesn't hold water.

NO drop off in win/losses after Spygate. No drop off in wins after re-inflating the balls. That means that the transgressions weren't terribly impactful.

Nor do I believe that what the Ravens did had much impact. I'm just chuckling over you guys mixing up your words. Yes, Brady had the balls deflated. $25,000.00 equipment fine. Ya wanna double it 'cause of spygate, fine. Then $50,000.00. What was dished out was over the top.

Do you think $25k a pop would deter the Pats (or anyone else for that matter) from doing it again. Is a championship worth $25k?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The impact upon the game has never been accepted when it's the Patriot's transgressions but now, that's all changed. You've been caught in a complete double standard and now you're wise-assing your way out of it. Answer the actual question I posed. Why didn't dozens of intercepting and fumble recovering players never notice the air pressure? I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer because there's only one answer and none of you haters will utter it. The small amount of air let out of the balls had little to no impact at all.

PANIC!!! at the hoop :pound:
First off it's such a dicky thing when people on a message board act as if someone else needs to 'answer their question' as if they are in charge, but I will anyway. For someone who pretends to know so much about me and what I think about the topic of Tom Brady and NE you've apparently never actually read anything I've said. From day 1 I said that I personally don't think letting air out of the balls really gave Brady much of an advantage at all. I also said from day 1 that I felt he should have received a small fine and that suspending him and taking a first round pick form the Pats was horribly over-punishing the action. So WTF are you talking about? But that doesn't change the fact that he blatantly and knowingly cheated and his transgression took place in a playoff game and pretending that is the same as a May practice where guys who mostly will never make an NFL roster wore pads for 5 minutes is beyond asinine. FYI I personally don't think the penalty for smoking pot should be a big deal, but I'm not the NFL office or the Police Department and I accept that they decide the penalties, not me.

And again, stop with the panic comments. They make you look like an idiot. No one is ruffled by this in any way other than you. Have you even read the thread? It's not pertinent or funny. It makes you look like a moron. Now don't forget to make sure and use the word again because not doing so would mean you'd have to actually admit to how stupid it was and we all know you can't admit to anything...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm anything but a homer. I never denied any transgressions by the Pats. It's my applying an accurate scope to it that you're struggling with.

You want it both ways but your double standard doesn't hold water.

NO drop off in win/losses after Spygate. No drop off in wins after re-inflating the balls. That means that the transgressions weren't terribly impactful.

Nor do I believe that what the Ravens did had much impact. I'm just chuckling over you guys mixing up your words. Yes, Brady had the balls deflated. $25,000.00 equipment fine. Ya wanna double it 'cause of spygate, fine. Then $50,000.00. What was dished out was over the top.
You're anything but a Homer??? Your friggin screen name is NEHOMER!!! :pound::pound::pound:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we have now done jarntt, solely because of this cheating scandal is introduce the notion that the severity of the act is mitigated by its impact upon the game. Hmmm, beyond yet more Pats points scored in that AFCCG after reinflating the balls, I've asked this question without any answer. Pats fans asked after the news broke, why didn't the refs noice the difference? Well, they only pick up the ball. My question is, if this was some ongoing practice of the Pats, why didn't actual players who recovered fumbles and made interceptions notice? Surely they clutch the ball firmly and have experience with NFL footballs. Multiple players never even noticed? The impact of a pound of air pressure has been off the Hoolpla table....until now apparently. Gee, this might also put filming signals (made out in the wide open in front of thousands) from the wrong location on the table too. What happened to cheating is cheating?

PANIC....DEFLECTION....PANIC.

Oh hey, it's the old degree of impact upon the game slant. Lets talk about a pound if air pressure and standing in the wrong spot.

PANIC PANIC PANIC!

Lol!

This says it all !!!!....:L:heh::dhd::pound:
5a4d76f1e1e36972b20dca637316bf58.jpg

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think $25k a pop would deter the Pats (or anyone else for that matter) from doing it again. Is a championship worth $25k?

So up the fine next set of negotiations.

First off it's such a dicky thing when people on a message board act as if someone else needs to 'answer their question' as if they are in charge, but I will anyway. For someone who pretends to know so much about me and what I think about the topic of Tom Brady and NE you've apparently never actually read anything I've said. From day 1 I said that I personally don't think letting air out of the balls really gave Brady much of an advantage at all. I also said from day 1 that I felt he should have received a small fine and that suspending him and taking a first round pick form the Pats was horribly over-punishing the action. So WTF are you talking about? But that doesn't change the fact that he blatantly and knowingly cheated and his transgression took place in a playoff game and pretending that is the same as a May practice where guys who mostly will never make an NFL roster wore pads for 5 minutes is beyond asinine. FYI I personally don't think the penalty for smoking pot should be a big deal, but I'm not the NFL office or the Police Department and I accept that they decide the penalties, not me.

And again, stop with the panic comments. They make you look like an idiot. No one is ruffled by this in any way other than you. Have you even read the thread? It's not pertinent or funny. It makes you look like a moron. Now don't forget to make sure and use the word again because not doing so would mean you'd have to actually admit to how stupid it was and we all know you can't admit to anything...

1) fair enough...that's all I've said too but "deflection" has been tossed at any Pats fan stating just that.

2) Gee, all I did with the panic comment was to mimic Hammer who accuses Pats fans of it all the time. Yet, you've never chastised him and suggested that it makes him look like an idiot.

You're anything but a Homer??? Your friggin screen name is NEHOMER!!! :pound::pound::pound:

Sarcasm. Look it up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because he is the supreme ruler of our galaxy...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FI also said from day 1 that I felt he should have received a small fine and that suspending him and taking a first round pick form the Pats was horribly over-punishing the action.

I agree, but I think the one flip side to that we've seen is either repeated actions or failure to admit and move on.

Take the first spygate. Rumors out there, teams saying the Pats do this and the NFL's initial response is to send out the memo. Nothing, not even a slap on the wrist, but when that gets ignored, then they come down hard.

Same with the bounty stuff. NFL gets word and lets teams know to cut that out. THEN when a team is still running with it, they come down hard.

Same with players who mess up and get in the drug program. Oh well, do the program, nobody even knows you are in it. Fail twice and boom, it hurts.

I think if you force the league to investigate and take more measures, that is where the crushing blows happens and it makes sense. League can send out a memo on something and there is zero bad press, zero media blowups, zero expenditures on investigations etc.. But if the NFL has to go through with all that, then they are going to hit you hard, and hope other teams if caught will just say "Yup, my mistake" and get a fine and it not really be news like the Vikings heating up their balls.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Brady and the Pats complied with the investigation, didn't act like arrogant asses who were above the rules and just admitted what they did...the penalty would have been much, much less.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Brady and the Pats complied with the investigation, didn't act like arrogant asses who were above the rules and just admitted what they did...the penalty would have been much, much less.
:agree::dingdingding::amen::first:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To what? How many millions is a championship worth?

Well I'm a little confused about the question since all of the Pat's Championships have been won with properly inflated balls. Now, if you want to suggest that this has been an on-going practice, will just one of you guys cop to the fact that it's very peculiar that dozens of players recovering a ball from the Pat's offense over the years never noticed the ball feeling any different?

See, I'll answer any question in a straight-forward manner. Sometimes it takes conceding a point which you guys seem to really struggle with.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm a little confused about the question since all of the Pat's Championships have been won with properly inflated balls. Now, if you want to suggest that this has been an on-going practice, will just one of you guys cop to the fact that it's very peculiar that dozens of players recovering a ball from the Pat's offense over the years never noticed the ball feeling any different?

See, I'll answer any question in a straight-forward manner. Sometimes it takes conceding a point which you guys seem to really struggle with.

How much money (in the form of a fine) would deter a team from cheating for a championship???

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much money (in the form of a fine) would deter a team from cheating for a championship???

Again, I simply don't know how to answer. Go ahead and up equipment tampering to a million bucks, a draft pick and 4 games if the NFL thinks it needs to. Just treat all teams the same.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really, I remember on ESPN it was funny how nobody could tell the uninflated balls when they were doing that segment, then I think it was Dilfer just started picking them out like it was nothing. It makes sense, he's the one who it affects. Not many guys recovering turnovers from the Patriots play QB. And it really seemed for everyone but the QB's that it's something nobody else really notices or cares about. I'd expect the QB to know those balls and the punters and kickers to know the K balls, not a lot of others to care. I mean how many times does the absolute best defender touch an actual NFL game ball at regulation PSI? 5-8 times a year?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, I remember on ESPN it was funny how nobody could tell the uninflated balls when they were doing that segment, then I think it was Dilfer just started picking them out like it was nothing. Not many guys recovering turnovers from the Patriots play QB. And it really seemed for everyone but the QB's that it's something nobody else really notices or cares about. I'd expect the QB to know those balls and the punters and kickers to know the K balls, not a lot of others to care. I mean how many times does the absolute best defender touch an actual NFL game ball at regulation PSI? 5-8 times a year?

I'm guessing dozens and dozens of times considering that they have an entire summer of practice.

When you intercept or recover, you're going to try to keep the opponent from knocking the ball out of your hands and you're going to hold on for dear life, no? They should be able to tell.

...and I'd love to see a link to this Dilfer thing you suggest as I've never heard of it. And the balls were deflated to the same degree and ball after ball, Dilfer could just pick them out?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing dozens and dozens of times considering that they have an entire summer of practice.

When you intercept or recover, you're going to try to keep the opponent from knocking the ball out of your hands and you're going to hold on for dear life, no? They should be able to tell.

...and I'd love to see a link to this Dilfer thing you suggest as I've never heard of it. And the balls were deflated to the same degree and ball after ball, Dilfer could just pick them out?

Why should they be able to tell? Why should they even be looking at this? I mean I think Legarrette Blount put it perfectly for the non-QB's when he said "it feels the same way every time". and Matthew Slater said he can't tell the difference. Obviously QB's can as we've seen plenty come out about that. You are really trying to tell me that a running back who's touched an NFL game ball set by the refs 1000 times can't tell yet you expect a guy with 10 career turnovers to be able to? Come on, you have to be able to see what kind of straws you are grasping for here right? This is just getting dumb now.

Why are these guys supposed to become an expert on something that has ZERO effect on their position? I mean your entire premise makes such little sense here. They aren't out there to look for slightly deflated footballs. Even if they felt it felt a bit different, what did they care, you saw how little Belichick even knew about the inflation rules, do you really expect Mario Williams to be the guy who knows more?

You do see how many of these really really really thin lines of thought all have to come together perfectly to make your question have any relevance here.

I would love to see that Sportscenter again too, it was on ESPN a few days after deflategate. I don't keep them all, sorry. But it was interesting. And makes perfect sense as that is the only position who seems to have any care of ball psi.