• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Ravens Round 2

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game almost amounts to a knock-out game. The winner here hasn't locked up anything, but definitely has a simple path to the division championship and playoffs. The loser here would need to close the season with 2 straight wins and some help.

The Ravens have practice squad players throughout their secondary. They are starting Josh Johnson - A 64 year old journeyman that has played for 29 different teams (these stats may be a little off). Their team has been decimated with injuries, almost form the time training camp began and now they've had a COVID outbreak and were practicing with something like 35 players this week.

The Bengals remain the healthiest team in the division. Big loss having DJ Reader sit today, but otherwise they'll look a lot like last week.

On paper, this is a Bengal blowout. But, this is the Bengals.... And what do the Bengals do to their fans on Christmas weekend? I have a bad feeling about this.

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sport Mma GIF by UFC

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed our first 24 points.

so, I guess the Ravens defense sucks?

also, this announcer seems to have an orgasm every time the Ravens make a play.

RAGNAR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals didn't win this division. It was wrapped up and gifted to them.

The Bengals are fortunate that the Ravens have 33 players either on injure reserve or in COVID protocol.

Given everything being equal, and both teams at full strength, the Bengals MIGHT have won this game anyway, but we'll never know.

Merry Christmas.

Maybe next year you can really EARN it.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals didn't win this division. It was wrapped up and gifted to them.

The Bengals are fortunate that the Ravens have 33 players either on injure reserve or in COVID protocol.

Given everything being equal, and both teams at full strength, the Bengals MIGHT have won this game anyway, but we'll never know.

Merry Christmas.

Maybe next year you can really EARN it.

I think you have to agree if Allen was the QB and Burrow was injured, then the division would be "Gifted" to someone else.

a little bit luck, a little bit skill. sometimes good enough is good enough.

also, it helps if you take your vax, wear a mask, etc. all that shit is important too.

RAGNAR

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ravens had been healthy all year on defense and offense, the Bengals don't win this division

Better the Bengals than the Steelers or Browns, though.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ravens had been healthy all year on defense and offense, the Bengals don't win this division

I absolutely believe that Harbaugh cursed them by going for two against the Steelers

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow with the ‘19 Sugar Bowl like performance.

Which is fitting given the guys roaming the secondary of the Ravens today probably couldn’t start for that Oklahoma team.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow put on a video game like performance today. If you give up 525 passing yards ur not going far in the playoffs anyway

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're the 3rd seed.

man oh man, that hasn't happened for awhile, if we can just maintain

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool story, bro.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is a sign that Zac has learned from past mistakes and isn't going to over-think it. The obvious plan going into this game was to let Burrow throw it all over the field and that's just what he did. It was an unfair situation for the Ravens given their personnel, but it's the NFL and you take the wins when you get them.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about the Ravens. They have a franchise guy at QB in Lamar Jackson - But I wonder what that offense would look like with a better passer. Josh Johnson threw some nice passes yesterday - But some of that is because their receivers are a talented group. Brown, Andrews, and that rookie are a handful.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the "If X had been healthy" arguments - well, teams have to deal with injuries all year long. The first game, Ravens were about as healthy as they'd been (or would be) and still got curb-stomped. At home. They tried their #1 DB on Chase, and got abused. Jackson ran a little, but was wildly inconsistent and was sacked quite a bit that day, IIRC.

This year - Bengals had the Ravens' number. It happens. Take the loss like a man and quit making excuses. Last year, Bengals were in the same boat - but the "L" is the "L" and it doesn't matter who is on the field. You line up and take your shot. Heck, those same subs last year for Cincinnati are the same ones that went into Pitt and won. So, it can be done.

Secondly - I love how upset Harbaugh was after the game. He said it didn't matter in the presser, but if you watch the hand shake, you can clearly see JH ask ZT: "Why did you run that last play?". ZT doesn't hear it the 1st time, and JH repeats the same question - I can't see ZT's face to tell what he says, but clearly it wasn't satisfactory to JH - yet, this is the same coach who some time ago talked about going for the rushing record (100 yards in 43 games, or something) and said those things are important to the players and coaches, and have to be considered. With the game already out of hand/won against Denver - Ravens called a LJ run, which resulted in 5 yards, instead of taking the knee - and keeping the streak of 100 yard games alive.

Welp - with Burrow close to a franchise record of passing, and NFL historical day passing, the offense dialed up one more play - got Mixon on a bomb to push Joe over the Franchise mark. This team had a chance to get Joey B a record, and went out on the last drive and made it happen instead of taking a knee, or just running the ball.

You don't get to go both ways. Either those team records and such mean enough that at the end of games, it's OK to try to keep those things alive, even if the game is already "won" - or it's not. JH got a little bit of his own medicine - and did not like it one bit.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well F the F

don't wake me up

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the "If X had been healthy" arguments - well, teams have to deal with injuries all year long. The first game, Ravens were about as healthy as they'd been (or would be) and still got curb-stomped. At home. They tried their #1 DB on Chase, and got abused. Jackson ran a little, but was wildly inconsistent and was sacked quite a bit that day, IIRC.

This year - Bengals had the Ravens' number. It happens. Take the loss like a man and quit making excuses. Last year, Bengals were in the same boat - but the "L" is the "L" and it doesn't matter who is on the field. You line up and take your shot. Heck, those same subs last year for Cincinnati are the same ones that went into Pitt and won. So, it can be done.

Secondly - I love how upset Harbaugh was after the game. He said it didn't matter in the presser, but if you watch the hand shake, you can clearly see JH ask ZT: "Why did you run that last play?". ZT doesn't hear it the 1st time, and JH repeats the same question - I can't see ZT's face to tell what he says, but clearly it wasn't satisfactory to JH - yet, this is the same coach who some time ago talked about going for the rushing record (100 yards in 43 games, or something) and said those things are important to the players and coaches, and have to be considered. With the game already out of hand/won against Denver - Ravens called a LJ run, which resulted in 5 yards, instead of taking the knee - and keeping the streak of 100 yard games alive.

Welp - with Burrow close to a franchise record of passing, and NFL historical day passing, the offense dialed up one more play - got Mixon on a bomb to push Joe over the Franchise mark. This team had a chance to get Joey B a record, and went out on the last drive and made it happen instead of taking a knee, or just running the ball.

You don't get to go both ways. Either those team records and such mean enough that at the end of games, it's OK to try to keep those things alive, even if the game is already "won" - or it's not. JH got a little bit of his own medicine - and did not like it one bit.
exactly. it's a shame that harbaugh is such a petulant man-baby, because he's actually a decent coach. but to have the gall to cry like a 4-year old about burrow getting that record, is beyond the pale.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. it's a shame that harbaugh is such a petulant man-baby, because he's actually a decent coach. but to have the gall to cry like a 4-year old about burrow getting that record, is beyond the pale.
This is the same staff that bitched when Cincinnati kicked a FG last year to avoid the shutout. Wink was all kinds of bent over that.

Then, this year, He goes on to talk about Joe and Chase. Look, what he said wasn't wildly out of pocket. Chase is not Adams. Burrow is not Rodgers. Of course not. Those guys have been doing it for YEARS. But, why even make those statements. Burrow is pretty damned good, and Chase is already showing he can be a force in the league. They need to do it year over year, but they certainly show the capability of doing it. I mean, Chase tore that secondary a new hole last matchup with their #1 DB. Burrow threw for over 400 yards at their place. Maybe some of their own "humility" would have benefited.

You knew you were going to be extremely short-handed - why not just say something like "Well, they did really well last time, and we're quite banged up this go around. We'll need to find ways to get it done". Boom. Done. Instead, wink tried to dismiss both guys, and basically ignore what happened the 1st time they played in hopes that it would repeat. (By the way, I believe I saw them run the "adams" defense on Chase a few times, and certainly had him over/under on double teams - especially the 68 yard bomb to Boyd as the safety left Queen 1-1 and he got burnt by the out and up)

Athletes are odd guys, especially those alpha-athletes at the top. They find any slight to motivate them. Jordan was famous for it. Brady does it. Burrow clearly took notice (I'm not saying Burrow is either Jordan or Brady) - and being the competitor he is - he used that little bit for some extra motivation. Sometimes coaches are just really, really stupid.