• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Those Cheating Ravens!

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what to say to you. I'm telling you that any attempt to mitigate the benefit of any Pats transgression has historically been off limits. In this thread that phenomenon has been allowed for the Ravens. It's as simple as that. You've flip-flopped back and forth.

No I haven't.. I don't think OTA pads in practice are the same as intentionally changing the balls used in actual games and then lying about it. I don't care which team did what. I haven't changed that, nor will I.

You are the one claiming a 25 cent piece of gum is worthy of 20 years in prison (or stealing millions from the elderly is worth only a slap on the wrist), and now trying to change your stance here yet again.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting video doesn't exists. What happens in it?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one claiming a 25 cent piece of gum is worthy of 20 years in prison

No, I'm not. I'm stating that such has been the opinion of Pats haters here at the Hoop.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting video doesn't exists. What happens in it?

"On Wednesday, Brunell and Bettis demonstrated that they had no difficulty telling the difference between a football inflated to 13 PSI, one at 11 and one at 15."

They filled 3 balls, 11, 13, and 15 PSI and tossed them to dilfer and he'd call out if they were under, over, or properly inflated. All it took him was 5 seconds to make those calls. But somehow a HOF QB who's not retired holding them for a game is lying during the investigation when he says he can do that too?

That's a really really really thin strand you want to ride there.

So 180 time??? Or backing out of that?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one claiming a 25 cent piece of gum is worthy of 20 years in prison

No, I'm not. I'm stating that such has been the opinion of Pats haters here at the Hoop.

Not really, I think most people believe the severity of the cheating and the actions during the investigation make it so that different punishments should be meted out for different situations.

You are the one saying they should all be the same

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I'm not. I'm saying that it's all the same and cheating is cheating has been the Hoop's hater's position.

....up until now.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I'm not. I'm saying that it's all the same and cheating is cheating has been the Hoop's hater's position.

....up until now.

Well I am glad he finally got smart about it. Not going to argue a person deciding to join reality no matter what gets them there. Just because that person may be a hater, doesn't mean that their position on that one area of the topic isn't correct. Even if you are a HUGE Packer fan and HATE the bears, if you say Rodgers is better than Cutler, I am agreeing with that.

So 180 for you?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 180 for you?

Sure, as soon as you link a valid study where QBs can pick out balls in the actual range of what the Pats balls were.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots do not play nicely in the sandbox. What do I mean by that? The whole “interpretation of the rules” saga that is the essence of Bill Belichick. When called out on this, the Pats’ camp response is “sorry that you can only handle checkers when we’re playing chess. Read the rule book.” The fact of the matter is, other teams do not feel the need to find every single loophole they can exploit for their advantage during a game. Doing so seems (at best) a little sleazy. It is kind of like standing for hours in a long line, only to have someone cut in front of you. Is it against the law? No, but it is rude and unsportsmanlike. They are playing football, not chess. And while it is good to play SMART football, there is a line in the sand as to what lengths one can go to in order to not get even a tiny edge on the competition – it keeps it completely (and undeniably) fair. I can get you saying that all of the fans are jealous haters of the Pats success (in lieu of all the cheating) but when you have actual players and owners who feel that a fair game can’t be played there and have legitimate concerns of “things that only happen in New England,” I think that says something. Yes, the Patriots have been successful, but they haven’t won the most Super Bowls. You don’t see a plethora of fans on here talking about the Steelers, 49ers, or Cowboys being a bunch of cheaters and how they need asterisks next to their names and/or titles. Nor do you hear that from players or coaches. The Pats smug attitudes, nonchalance to the rules, and reluctance to accept responsibility only makes the situation worse and fuels the haters’ hate. If you have the GOAT QB as you claim, as well as 3-4 people who can pretty much catch any crappy pass he throws, why in the heck do you feel you need that additional “teeny” edge, anyway? Just play the game in which it is meant to be played, and if you win fair and square, the haters will not have a leg to stand on.

I think there is a disappointment by Pats fans that there isn’t any panic among the sports world for the Ravens breaking the rules. Did you think that the Ravens fans would claim that the team is innocent and would be vindicated? Was there an expectation of a Go Fund Me account set up to pay the Ravens’ fines? A lawsuit to be filed by the fans against the league for whatever punishment they decide to dish out? It is ridiculous. All of the fans on here are like, “we did it. It was stupid. Not only did we do it, but we videotaped it and will hand over the tape so you can use it as evidence to dish out the penalty, and we accept full responsibility“ There is no destroying the tape, no mega media campaign and lawyers… No self-entitled Patriotish type of bullshit. No one is on here claiming that a text calling a player a Padilator is a reference to his recent weight gain. (I mean, if you’re going to try to CYA, at least do so in a way that doesn’t make you look like an idiot.) There is no excuse for the Ravens putting on pads during a no-contact drill when it was against the CBA. None whatsoever. But when you can tell me how that is going to give them an upper hand, I will call it cheating. Otherwise, it is just breaking the rules. Which is not okay, but entirely different.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 180 for you?

Sure, as soon as you link a valid study where QBs can pick out balls in the actual range of what the Pats balls were.

like 11-13 PSI?? lol... you know the EXACT PSI I ASKED IF YOU WOULD DO A 180 IF I SHOWED YOU A QB COULD TELL THE DIFFERENCE? You know the EXACT PSI SOME OF THE BALLS WERE TESTED AS VS. THE MIDPOINT OF THE ALLOWED PSI IN A BALL?

Next time if I say "I promise you, you would not do a 180 if a retired QB proved he could tell the difference between 11 and 13 psi."

Just admit you wouldn't and save yourself 2 pages of trying to save face trying to show how you aren't just spouting hot air and stuck on your belief no matter what you are shown. It would save everyone a lot of time. Sorry I guess I should have read your profile name. NEver mind, enjoy your thread.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus guy, send me the study. I told you that that the video wouldn't play.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like 11-13 PSI?? lol... you know the EXACT PSI I ASKED IF YOU WOULD DO A 180 IF I SHOWED YOU A QB COULD TELL THE DIFFERENCE? You know the EXACT PSI SOME OF THE BALLS WERE TESTED AS VS. THE MIDPOINT OF THE ALLOWED PSI IN A BALL?

Next time if I say "I promise you, you would not do a 180 if a retired QB proved he could tell the difference between 11 and 13 psi."

Just admit you wouldn't and save yourself 2 pages of trying to save face trying to show how you aren't just spouting hot air and stuck on your belief no matter what you are shown. It would save everyone a lot of time. Sorry I guess I should have read your profile name. NEver mind, enjoy your thread.

...and if you're going to quote me, don't change what I said, put it in quotation marks and post it. That's utter bullshit.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots do not play nicely in the sandbox. What do I mean by that? The whole “interpretation of the rules” saga that is the essence of Bill Belichick. When called out on this, the Pats’ camp response is “sorry that you can only handle checkers when we’re playing chess. Read the rule book.” The fact of the matter is, other teams do not feel the need to find every single loophole they can exploit for their advantage during a game. Doing so seems (at best) a little sleazy. It is kind of like standing for hours in a long line, only to have someone cut in front of you. Is it against the law? No, but it is rude and unsportsmanlike. They are playing football, not chess. And while it is good to play SMART football, there is a line in the sand as to what lengths one can go to in order to not get even a tiny edge on the competition – it keeps it completely (and undeniably) fair. I can get you saying that all of the fans are jealous haters of the Pats success (in lieu of all the cheating) but when you have actual players and owners who feel that a fair game can’t be played there and have legitimate concerns of “things that only happen in New England,” I think that says something. Yes, the Patriots have been successful, but they haven’t won the most Super Bowls. You don’t see a plethora of fans on here talking about the Steelers, 49ers, or Cowboys being a bunch of cheaters and how they need asterisks next to their names and/or titles. Nor do you hear that from players or coaches. The Pats smug attitudes, nonchalance to the rules, and reluctance to accept responsibility only makes the situation worse and fuels the haters’ hate. If you have the GOAT QB as you claim, as well as 3-4 people who can pretty much catch any crappy pass he throws, why in the heck do you feel you need that additional “teeny” edge, anyway? Just play the game in which it is meant to be played, and if you win fair and square, the haters will not have a leg to stand on.

I think there is a disappointment by Pats fans that there isn’t any panic among the sports world for the Ravens breaking the rules. Did you think that the Ravens fans would claim that the team is innocent and would be vindicated? Was there an expectation of a Go Fund Me account set up to pay the Ravens’ fines? A lawsuit to be filed by the fans against the league for whatever punishment they decide to dish out? It is ridiculous. All of the fans on here are like, “we did it. It was stupid. Not only did we do it, but we videotaped it and will hand over the tape so you can use it as evidence to dish out the penalty, and we accept full responsibility“ There is no destroying the tape, no mega media campaign and lawyers… No self-entitled Patriotish type of bullshit. No one is on here claiming that a text calling a player a Padilator is a reference to his recent weight gain. (I mean, if you’re going to try to CYA, at least do so in a way that doesn’t make you look like an idiot.) There is no excuse for the Ravens putting on pads during a no-contact drill when it was against the CBA. None whatsoever. But when you can tell me how that is going to give them an upper hand, I will call it cheating. Otherwise, it is just breaking the rules. Which is not okay, but entirely different.

Where did you move this time tgann?

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you move this time tgann?

You guys are so funny (& ridiculous) with still insisting that I must be tgann because I am a Ravens fan and I hate the Patriots. It's like you think there could only be one out there, or something. :pound:

I don't know tgann, am not sure at all why he/she is so hated on here, but I'm pretty sure I've been called worse. Disappointed by your lack of originality, though. :suds:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are so funny (& ridiculous) with still insisting that I must be tgann because I am a Ravens fan and I hate the Patriots. It's like you think there could only be one out there, or something. :pound:

I don't know tgann, am not sure at all why he/she is so hated on here, but I'm pretty sure I've been called worse. Disappointed by your lack of originality, though. :suds:

So I'm not the only one that spotted that you are tgann?

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm not the only one that spotted that you are tgann?

All Pats fans, of course. Plus one Admin (probably tipped off by Pats fans) who determined pretty quickly that I am most certainly NOT tgann. But if it makes you sleep better at night, I don't care who you think I am.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Pats fans, of course. Plus one Admin (probably tipped off by Pats fans) who determined pretty quickly that I am most certainly NOT tgann. But if it makes you sleep better at night, I don't care who you think I am.

Has no bearing on how I sleep tgann.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure thing, Rock Strongo.

You'll have to do better than that. Rock and I are clearly established as not being one in the same on these boards.

You created this screen name late in Dec and you were spotted as tgann, then reappeared when the Pats were knocked out as tgann again, then vanished after nearly the entire board came down on you for being a coward and a weasel regarding your avi bet.

New name, same tgann.