• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Those Cheating Ravens!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually penalty wise for deflating footballs and that of wearing pads at a non-padded practice are pretty close. In the rule book most teams when found altering the ball are penalized $25,000 per ball that they doctored. Now the NFL does have the right to punish beyond what the rule book says but that is the baseline for such an act.

So I would say then having a couple of training camp practices taken away would be about equal to that of a $25,000 fine.

If they did it, they deserve it, but we don't know yet if they in fact violated the rule...Put your party hats and whistles away until we know the facts....
I have a saying I use in all discrepancies; "A one sided story is very convincing, until you hear the other side"
Words of wisdom, my friends, from Professor Oldschool !!! :D

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the rookies and coaches involved should be suspended for 4 games. Definitely a loss of next year's number 1 draft pick. They are repeat offenders. Fair is fair.

Wow, you better stop smokin weed with Willie, that stuff is lethal !!!!

thenug-sMg7SmL1oN.jpe :dhd:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they did it, they deserve it, but we don't know yet if they in fact violated the rule...Put your party hats and whistles away until we know the facts....
I have a saying I use in all discrepancies; "A one sided story is very convincing, until you hear the other side"
Words of wisdom, my friends, from Professor Oldschool !!! :D

I never said the Ravens did anything. I was just pointing out the penalties for the two infractions if they did happen are not that far apart in actual impact to the team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decent QB would have recognized the defensive play call and audibled out to a play that would have netted a TD.

Pre-snap Butler was off the line right where RW wanted him. I still don't know how he made this play so quickly. Either great coaching or huge risk by MB in case receiver broke outside to the corner...or most likely both...

He gets there early and clearly hits lockette before the ball gets there. It's not even up for debate. He was late to the spot and that's why he hit lockette rather than getting a clean pick with a lot of open space in front of him.
Agenda. Great play no PI at all

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-snap Butler was off the line right where RW wanted him. I still don't know how he made this play so quickly. Either great coaching or huge risk by MB in case receiver broke outside to the corner...or most likely both...

Agenda. Great play no PI at all

A db running a wr over while the ball is in the air is PI every time.

That the NFL won't admit this is a travesty.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So literally not one fan aside from the Pats will indict the Ravens for breaking the rules. Can't allow that other-teams-cheat to cause a fissure.
They broke the rules and should receive an appropriate penalty for about 10 guys that will actually make the team practicing with pads on in May for 5 minutes. Maybe make them eat a really hot pepper or something:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A db running a wr over while the ball is in the air is PI every time.

That the NFL won't admit this is a travesty.
The above bolded statement is completely accurate. But, what does that have to do with this play? He ran to a spot and has a right to the ball. Looked more like Lockette running into him if you want to nit pick

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above bolded statement is completely accurate. But, what does that have to do with this play? He ran to a spot and has a right to the ball. Looked more like Lockette running into him if you want to nit pick

It's was what happened on this this play.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the perfect storm. Apparently according to some stuff that some of the Pats fans linked to in other (countless) threads, BB had them (the db's) practice that play in particular.

However, the jumbo run D package was in, so the d was thinking Lynch.

So, coaching, recognizing, gambling, AND ALSO then having the athletic ability to follow up the guess with the play itself.

If Wilson bootlegs to that side, he can CRAWL into the endzone.

Bravo Butler.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the perfect storm. Apparently according to some stuff that some of the Pats fans linked to in other (countless) threads, BB had them (the db's) practice that play in particular.

However, the jumbo run D package was in, so the d was thinking Lynch.

So, coaching, recognizing, gambling, AND ALSO then having the athletic ability to follow up the guess with the play itself.

If Wilson bootlegs to that side, he can CRAWL into the endzone.

Bravo Butler.

That was the playcall they should've run if they weren't gonna slam it home.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They broke the rules and should receive an appropriate penalty for about 10 guys that will actually make the team practicing with pads on in May for 5 minutes. Maybe make them eat a really hot pepper or something:noidea:

PANIC!!! The hoop is in panic mode.

The Ravens "broke the rules" while the Patriots "cheated."

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the playcall they should've run if they weren't gonna slam it home.

Hindsight. Too bad coaches don't have it.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight. Too bad coaches don't have it.

No.

How do you run any play there that gives the defense the knowledge that there's ZERO threat of a lynch run there?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

How do you run any play there that gives the defense the knowledge that there's ZERO threat of a lynch run there?

wtf are you talking about? They DID think that Lynch was running. Everyone but Browner and Butler, who guessed right.

Good keerist man.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are still pissing off over that not being a good call or not? Butler made the play... patriots were gearing up for the run and Butler made a hell of a play

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf are you talking about? They DID think that Lynch was running. Everyone but Browner and Butler, who guessed right.

Good keerist man.

Did I miss the play action on that play?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PANIC!!! The hoop is in panic mode.

The Ravens "broke the rules" while the Patriots "cheated."
Panic??? What thread are you reading? I see some pretty rational discussion...well, other than the Pats fans of course who want to compare 5 minutes of rookie practice in May to cheating in a Playoff game...