• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This may be a good thing this early in the season

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has some serious work it needs to do.
Kaepernick needs to work on his reads
they need to cut down on their penalties
they need to figure out what is going on with gore
they need to get their receivers

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worried about the secondary. I do not trust a defensive backfield composed of Rogers, Brown, and Asomugha. The team does not have marquee players in that particular position.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that worries me the most is that they came out with the same game plan as last year and it didnt work then. Why try it again?

This game is worse than that bomb they did last season.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we just run the ball? i mean, cut out that read sh*t, just straight up pound the fucking ball... where's the pulls, the traps, off tackle runs??? god we were such a good running team two years ago at the RB spot...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the "best" run blocking line in football has not run blocked for shit all preseason and now the first 2 games.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This was worse than the last loss precisely because of the last loss. I figured we'd have a close game, and frankly it should have been a close one. The D played very well for quite awhile before succumbing to stupid mistakes. The offense was embarrassingly bad. Just inexcusably terrible. The OL needs to get its shit together, and Kap needs to make plays against tight man-to-man coverage. He looked shaky all night in just about every area: presence, decision-making, accuracy, you name it. The coaching staff should not cut a paycheck for this week, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're 3rd n goal with less than 4 yards IIRC and we throw? resulted in an INT... why are we abandoning the fucking run when we're within yards so often!

atleast PA run off a tight formation.... fuckin get a clue roman.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we just run the ball? i mean, cut out that read sh*t, just straight up pound the fucking ball... where's the pulls, the traps, off tackle runs??? god we were such a good running team two years ago at the RB spot...

This! Cut the read/option shit. Where is our power runs!?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! Cut the read/option shit. Where is our power runs!?

Gore hit 30 and looks slow.
No quickness or burst.
Give him a huge hole and sure he
will get you 5 yds.

You NO LONGER have a power back
to have power runs.

Sorry to inform you of the obvious!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a comment some time ago about how Dorsey and Nnamdi were relatively "quiet" signings that would pay dividends for the squad. So far, I am completely wrong.

Nnamdi hasn't looked sharp and Dorsey could not hold the fort in the middle of the line. Dennis Brown was somewhat critical of Dorsey in the postgame reports.

We can't run the ball and we can't stop the run. This is not looking pretty.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore hit 30 and looks slow.
No quickness or burst.
Give him a huge hole and sure he
will get you 5 yds.

You NO LONGER have a power back
to have power runs.

Sorry to inform you of the obvious!

Lol must be easy to say something after a win. You look like a clown. Ya you won. But to state something like that lol you'll see

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol must be easy to say something after a win. You look like a clown. Ya you won. But to state something like that lol you'll see

I wouldn't worry. This "epicure" on safeties and coverage skills was off on Reid's ability to defend the pass. Granted, it's only two games, but Reid is a better ballhawk than what Goldson and Whitner provided for us last year. For an organization that has had awesome talent in the safety position over the years (Lott, Hicks, Williamson, Hanks, Fuller), you pretty much know when you have a safety who can ball in pass defense.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thoughts exactly. My fear coming into this weekend was that if we were as ineffective running the ball against Seattle as we were against the Packers, we would be in trouble. I think among all the hype, the identity of what this football team was built upon has been lost. Power football, letting the run set up the pass, resting the D, while putting the pressure on opposing offenses and creating legitimate game changing turnovers. All of the read option/runs to Gore out the gun have got to stop. It's almost as if Harbaugh is trying to force feature Kap. Let Gore, Hunter and the O-line do their thing.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For clarification I don't mean the reads should stop, but should not be featured and deployed from time to time as the gimmicks in which they are. I-Form, single back sets, two tight ends off tackle etc...should be the focus

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For clarification I don't mean the reads should stop, but should not be featured and deployed from time to time as the gimmicks in which they are. I-Form, single back sets, two tight ends off tackle etc...should be the focus

This may not be a popular opinion, but I would limit Gore's touches and distribute the carries more to Hunter and LMJ. While both may not be every down backs, they provide the team with the ability to beat the opposition through the tackles (Hunter) or around the corner (LMJ). Gore can give you the tough yards, but he may not consistently give you those 3 to 4 yard carries.

The OL needs to figure out their problems. They've been subpar over the course of two games. The Colts have given up 171 yards on the ground to the Raiders (granted, a lot of it was because they didn't know how to defend Pryor, but still) and 101 yards to the Fins. The Niners can get their ground attack to regain momentum against a defense that I think is light against the run. If the team struggles then I would be concerned.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a bitch. He is simply looking to get banned. Wait for it....wait for it....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. My fear coming into this weekend was that if we were as ineffective running the ball against Seattle as we were against the Packers, we would be in trouble. I think among all the hype, the identity of what this football team was built upon has been lost. Power football, letting the run set up the pass, resting the D, while putting the pressure on opposing offenses and creating legitimate game changing turnovers. All of the read option/runs to Gore out the gun have got to stop. It's almost as if Harbaugh is trying to force feature Kap. Let Gore, Hunter and the O-line do their thing.

I agree... when's the last time we(49ers fans) saw a trap run? the same one Seattle did on us tonight... maybe 2 years ago, right? Power football or the freaking pro style offenses... we're handcuffing ourselves to the option and if it doesn't pan out we're fucked... we don't have WRs that wins battles, ATM, so we need the running game to help free it up.

There are times when we'll need the reads, sure thats no problem but it cant be the sole offense of this team. The PAs out of "normal formations" are more effective now that teams are quickly on the read option defense...

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, as much as I wanted this win, I'm okay that they tried to have Kap play. He was absolutely miserable. But to have him develop as a passer, he needs to play against this defense. The run game is just not doing so great in this league and it's become predictable in this offense.

I would just rather develop Kap as a passer, he absolutely needed this game. I have no doubts that our run game will improve and will became a staple in this offense it's just that we need to become a more multiple dimensional offense when heading into the playoffs.

Also, it doesn't seem like teams around the league are having that much success in the run game. But I'd definitely like to get back to our bread and butter but we need our pass offense to improve, especially in the RZ.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we've given the run game a true opportunity... it was barely looked at in this game and the run came out of the damn option. Try running with a pro style formation, two TEs, I formations, etc... give it a chance...

last week GB moved Raji to the DE and that's a NT on the edge, that's hard to push over...

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bitch. He is simply looking to get banned. Wait for it....wait for it....

I could give a rats ass if he gets banned or not, the fact of the matter is that this Ospreys cat supports a team that hasn't done squat so we'll see. It's easy for someone to come all high and mighty after a victory, but there's still a game to be played in December. They get back Harvin and company for that game but the Niners get back Manningham, Crabby (hopefully), Carradine, Wright (to supplant either Nnamdi or Rogers).

Let this Ospreys cat have his fun for now. A lot can happen from September to December. Wilson has taken some shots in the first two games so I'm curious to find out how his rather miniscule frame holds up during the course of the season.