• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

theeOfficial Fall Camp Thread

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like 1's vs 1's, then getting the younger guys in there too that might see time. nothing like that experience, how else are you going to be ready for the 1st week. i can understand not doing it during the season, but during these early practices it seems important.

also, to improve tackling, nothing is going to cut it like going against the best competition, if you are laying out some 3rd or 4th stringer, that's not the same as trying to take down the 1st team guys.

sounded like it was a good practice, Rose-Ivey sat due to shoulder bruise or something, probably helped the O play a little better. they still can't run between the tackles but hopefully that's true of every team with Collins, VV, Williams and whoever else in there. I think against other teams they will also find a way, at this point our defense knows our offense too well and hopefully MR has some surprises for opposing teams to generate some rushing yards.

sounded like TA did a lot better in the scrimmage as they were mixing in pass and run and getting into more manageable situations. i think that will be key this year. Also consistency, which it sounds like they are still struggling with.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our Defense is head and shoulders above where it has been these past few seasons I'm going to laugh my ass off.

I mean, we had THEEEE Bo Pelini. The Defensive guru en sech.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO stool is still on about this nickname business.

Stool is your nickname.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our Defense is head and shoulders above where it has been these past few seasons I'm going to laugh my ass off.

I mean, we had THEEEE Bo Pelini. The Defensive guru en sech.

THEEEE Bo Pelini that couldn't last more than 4 years anywhere because his bend and not break philosophy never really worked past year 2 anywhere.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped my pants a long time ago.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave stool his nickname... Just saying

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska practiced for just less than two hours in shorts and shoulder pads on Tuesday afternoon, as the season opener with BYU continued to creep closer.

— Nebraska head coach Mike Riley said that a number of Husker players are battling injuries, including MIKE linebackerJosh Banderas, offensive tackle Alex Lewis and tight end Trey Foster.

— Wide receiver Taariq Allen returned to practice on Tuesday, and Riley said he is optimistic that Nebraska could soon get wide receiver Sam Burtch and cornerback Chris Jones back as well.

— Riley said Lewis is battling a bruise on his knee, and “should be fine, as the pain goes away.” David Knevel is Lewis’ backup.

— Foster sprained his ankle and was wearing a walking boot at practice. Riley said he will be “week-to-week” with the injury.

— Banderas is nursing a pulled groin muscle and will be “day-to-day.”

Michael Rose said that if Josh Banderas missed any time, he wouldn’t slide over to MIKE and Tyrin Ferguson or Chris Weber would be in charge of manning the MIKE spot.

— Riley said that Nebraska will use the fullback more with limited depth at tight end. Freshman Matt Snyder will redshirt, and is out for a stretch of time because of an infected elbow. “Andy (Janovich) is a good football player so we can morph those things together,” Riley said.

— Riley said he has had 3-7 freshmen play in the past, and said the players he named are “ready, and have had their chance to prove themselves physically and mentally.”

— Riley said that as of now, running back Jordan Stevenson is a redshirt candidate, though that could change.

— Riley said that all of the running backs will be contributors on special teams. “A guy can initially gain value to play for making that part of the game important,” Riley said. “That group is full of guys who are good special teams players.”

— Riley said that after reviewing film of Saturday’s game film, he liked what Tommy Armstrong did, and the throws he made, ticking off several throws he liked. “He made some big-time throws in that scrimmage,” Riley said.

— Accounting for BYU’s blitzes will be key for Nebraska, Riley said. “They will blitz you from the bleachers,” he said.

— Riley said he is confident in his offensive line’s ability to protect Tommy Armstrong, and said now the focus is on assignments.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Armstrong better be wrapped in goddamn bubble wrap tell BYU

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these injuries are just things we've never really heard about before.

Bruises and what have you. Even sprained ankles are common on every team in America and usually they just wrap it up and don't say anything.

I think Mike is just more forthcoming about letting us know who's "injured."

These all sound like minor little dings that are quite simply normal in this game.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these injuries are just things we've never really heard about before.

Bruises and what have you. Even sprained ankles are common on every team in America and usually they just wrap it up and don't say anything.

I think Mike is just more forthcoming about letting us know who's "injured."

These all sound like minor little dings that are quite simply normal in this game.

How are those suspensions coming along?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easier to give out injury info than suspension info.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Finebaum blasted Riley for not giving out the names of the players and said it was right on par with Pelini's antics.

If I could have just one person a year I was allowed to actually reach through the TV screen and choke, I think I'd make it all the way up until the CFB preview shows and accidentally hear Paul Finebaum say something before I was able to change the channel.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Finebaum blasted Riley for not giving out the names of the players and said it was right on par with Pelini's antics.

If I could have just one person a year I was allowed to actually reach through the TV screen and choke, I think I'd make it all the way up until the CFB preview shows and accidentally hear Paul Finebaum say something before I was able to change the channel.

I never thought I could hate anything more than the Mark may/lou holtz court antics then i found paul and his annoying shit.