• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

theeOfficial Fall Camp Thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
— Nebraska ran through a two hour and 30 minute scrimmage inside Memorial Stadium on Saturday night.

— After the practice, Riley updated several injuries. Taariq Allen left the scrimmage with what Riley said the staff was hoping is a shin bruise.

— Michael Rose-Ivey “dinged his shoulder,” according to Riley.

— Running back Terrell Newby also “dinged his shoulder,” according to Riley. The first year Husker head coach said he thought that the shoulder injuries were just bruises and hoped to get them back quickly.

— Freshman safety Antonio Reed had to leave the scrimmage after taking a hit to the head.

— Riley said the consistency in the running game was something he didn’t like. “We had some nice runs — I’m talking the ones against the ones,” Riley said. “We made some big plays, but we weren’t consistent enough with drives. Quite a few drives were three-and-outs, but there were some pretty good individual plays.”

— Defensively, Riley said Nebraska gave up too many big plays in the scrimmage. “We would like to have their longest play of the game be less than 25 yards, and we would probably win,” Riley said.

— Other players who missed the scrimmage included linebacker Chris Weber, wide receiver Lane Hovey, wide receiverBrandon Reilly and wide receiver Alonzo Moore.

— One of the stars of the scrimmage was freshman Stanley Morgan, who caught a couple touchdown passes. “He has fit in learning-wise, and appears beyond his years,” Riley said. “He’s a physical guy, and he’s a playmaker.”

— Both Jordan Westerkamp and De’Mornay Pierson-El returned to participate in the scrimmage on Saturday night. “We need a good week with all those guys,” Riley said.

— The coming week will be a big one for Nebraska, Riley said, before Nebraska turns its attention to BYU.

— The back-up quarterback position is still up for grabs, Riley said, though Ryker Fyfe got reps with the second team during the scrimmage. He said redshirt freshman AJ Bush also looked good. “In the last week, I’ve been impressed with Ryker Fyfe,” Riley said. “He’s a ballplayer.”

Tommy Armstrong took a run to the house during the scrimmage, and Riley said the quarterback run elements have to continue to be a part of what Nebraska does.

— Riley said that freshman running back Devine Ozigbo hasn’t been phased by being at Nebraska. “He’s a versatile back,” Riley said. “I love backs who are every-down backs.”

— Riley said wide receiver Alonzo Moore is battling a bone spur in his foot. “He has made a lot of plays in our camp, and I hope he’s back by Monday,” Riley said.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can go ahead and throw out any theory about having new S&C coaches helping with injury probs.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can go ahead and throw out any theory about having new S&C coaches helping with injury probs.

These are completely different kinds of injuries though.

When Bo was here every single injury was a tear of some sort.

Now they're dings and bruises. Which tells me they're actually hitting each other.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although we aren't seeing knee injuries galore so... Gleen what you want.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which, by the way....I remember Bo stating several times that he doesn't believe in 1's hitting 1's in practice because of injury problems.

Heading into the season several times our players were still trying to get acclimated to even hitting people at all. It is extremely important to be laying hits to get up to speed.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are completely different kinds of injuries though.

When Bo was here every single injury was a tear of some sort.

Now they're dings and bruises. Which tells me they're actually hitting each other.

Yeah

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley was asked today if he knows who our #2 at QB is yet and he responded only talking about Fyfe and a tiny bit about Bush.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley not happy w/ the offense. No consistency. Running game sucked.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think every running game in the country is *hopefully gonna suck against this defense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be fun to be able to stop a running game.....

It's been a while

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which, by the way....I remember Bo stating several times that he doesn't believe in 1's hitting 1's in practice because of injury problems.

Heading into the season several times our players were still trying to get acclimated to even hitting people at all. It is extremely important to be laying hits to get up to speed.

I hope Riley and group are teaching tacklin, i.e. wrapping up when they hit. I thought that was the biggest issue the last few years was very poor technique, just trying to blast the ball carrier with flying body.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
creepy that you know what i look like....but this is actually really true.

Ive always kinda thought that and wondered when someone would say something...never figured the first one would be on a message board lol

I came across your facebook page by accident one night when we were trying to figure out who the young kid was with the globe and all that. I can't remember specifically, I just know I saw your page.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Viewing material for the night

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came across your facebook page by accident one night when we were trying to figure out who the young kid was with the globe and all that. I can't remember specifically, I just know I saw your page.
I call bullshit, his avi picture gave it away...cot damn college brats can't afford an avi these days! :nono: