• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

theeOfficial Fall Camp Thread

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random question. Nebraska tied for 73rd in turnover margin last year with -2. This was always an issue under Bo's teams. What are your realistic expectations for this year as far as turnovers? Where would you like to end up?

Oregon St. finished tied for 40th in the nation last year at a +4 margin, for what it's worth.
offensively: I'd hope for a decline in fumbles and the same on INTs. Defensively, i'd think maybe more forced fumbles with more people getting to the ball and attacking instead of reacting, with similar INTs there. so, I'd be happy with something like OSUs, if we got to +10, then i'd be ecstatic and would think we had a pretty darn good year recordwise as that means Tommy cut back on INTs.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska Cornhuskers Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

seems to me if you can hold your own against one of the best DT in the Big Ten, you might be able to play.

Nebraska offensive lineman Dylan Utter has impressed in the practice sessions the media has been allowed to watch.

Dylan Utter
Position: OG
Height/Weight: 6-foot-1/285-pounds
High School: Papillion-LaVista
Year: Junior

2014 review:

After not playing in any contests his redshirt freshman year, the walk-on appeared in six games last fall, registering a start in the Holiday Bowl. He also saw extensive action against Illinois due to injuries on the offensive line.

2015 preview:

After a week of fall camp, Utter finds himself on the first-team right now, playing left guard next to senior captain Alex Lewis at tackle.

In three practices the media has been allowed to attend, Utter has been one of the more consistent offensive lineman.

On Sunday night, during two-on-two drills, the junior was paired with Husker defensive tackle Maliek Collins.

Utter more than held his own, telling Collins to “go back to his side,” after beating him in the drill.

BRR projection: Utter hasn’t done anything at this point to show he’s out of his element. Currently he’s trying to fend off redshirt freshman guard Jerald Foster, a former high school All-American and four-star prospect.

If the season started tomorrow, Utter would likely be the guy. He plays with a mean streak which offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh likes. But, we wouldn’t be shocked if at some point in the year he’s passed up by Foster.

How he ended up in Lincoln:

Despite an offer from Army and North Dakota, the Papillion-LaVista product chose to walk-on at Nebraska.

"It's just a once in a lifetime opportunity – all the perks it comes with,” said Utter at the time. “With all the academic support they give and the coaching staff my ability will be able to be maxed out in the classroom and on the field."

more here: https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1791555

"Dutter is a butt kicker," Gangwish said. "That's a guy, he straps it up and it doesn't matter if it's a lift or a practice or whatever, that guy is ready to compete. Some people think he's downright mean, but that's probably because he's beating them."

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tommy is considered a gunslinger by the media this year, that will be an improvement.

He's got good ability to operate in a dirty pocket, which we'll need because this OL is gonna have growing pains.

very strongly disagree for the most part

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very strongly disagree for the most part

Not so much in the stand/shuffle and deliver aspect, but the ability to scramble if the play breaks down.

He's not Manziel.

So maybe not "in the pocket", but he can improvise better than a prototypical drop back passer, which has its advantages when working w/ an inexperienced OL.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like a mini hard knocks segment you have to imagine in your head

Behind scenes at camp, Riley puts Husker pieces in place

My best guess about the high maintenance freshman LB that feels alienated and wants to leave if he can't play is...

F1149740.jpg

Adrienne Talan. If that picture doesn't say "fuck this I wanna go home" idk what does LOL.

"Bray says he has a freshman linebacker who is struggling with the idea of redshirting and is going to be “high maintenance.”

“He feels separated from the group right now,” Bray says. “If he’s redshirting, he may just go (leave school). If he can help us win at anything, it’d be good to play him. If he can’t, he can’t. But if he can play special teams, maybe we bring him out of a redshirt year. If a guy can help us win, no reason to save (a year). We need to win now.”

Riley agrees.

Last edited:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Secondary coach Brian Stewart says he has a couple of players who think they are doing much better than they are.

“Yeah, some guys think they’re doing great, think they’re on the ‘Husker’ team (as a starter), and they’re actually fourth team,” Riley says, laughing again. “I don’t know that that’s so bad. Keeps everybody rolling a little bit, but it’s not realistic.”

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw that article.

who is this:
Riley asks Van De Riet, “Who is going to miss the first game?” He means because of suspensions. Van De Riet names five players, including one defensive starter.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw that article.

who is this:

Well banker chimed in first soooo... That's a very real problem if it's a starting LB.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your pick

Gangwish? Since he is a wild child, it is possible, but I doubt it. He is a captain, he takes that serious.
Valentine? Has not been in trouble before. I doubt it.
Collins? see Valentine.
McMullen? After four years, he is probably 21 so he can drink legally. But he has been clean so far.

Rose-Ivey? heck no, he is eager to get back and play. he didn't screw around while injured last year, I doubt he screws around while healthy.
Banderas? Has made bad choices in the past, a possible.
Newby? Yes, I am naming him the other starting linebacker. I thought he played well last year when he was in. I don't think he has troubles though.

Gerry? Fat Chance.
Rose? Maybe. Had some sort of problem at Auburn and was dismissed.
Cockrell? I don't think so.
Davie? I don't think so.

I will go Rose or Banderas.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DB mentioned the other day off hand something to the effect of "I know people like to think Mike's a nice guy and everything, but with the whole Jonathan Rose thing... Man, he must have rubbed him the wrong way because that kid is a freak"

That's not verbatim.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a suspension in the secondary.

Anything else will have me panicking.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banderas is going to be HUGE for us this season. Gotta have him at all times.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 players though... Damn.

Don't discount the non starters.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley got out in front of it at the presser. Said it's 5 and he won't name who or why.

Press proceeded to circle like sharks. LOL