• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Vikings are 7 point favorites against the Bears

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings are favored because they're at home with a guaranteed playoff spot on the line if they win. So, they should be extremely motivated to get it done. The Bears on the other hand obviously have the division, and thus a home playoff game locked up already. The Vikings also managed to make it one score game in their loss in Chicago earlier in the season, making it plausible that they could beat Chicago in Minnesota given the aforementioned motivators.

All that being said, the Bears will be just as hungry for the win, as they are fighting for a potential 2nd seed placement and 1st round bye should the Rams lose this week (both would be 12-4, with Chicago holding the tie-breaker). So they definitely aren't laying down. The Vikes SHOULD win this one, but I personally consider the game to be about as 50/50 as it gets. I definitely wouldn't bet big money on either team in this one. Vikes could very well take a fat dump to end the season; we'll see what happens.
I think the Vikings take this one. As you said, they are motivated, at home, the season is on the line.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe vegas knows something just like last week when bears were only favored by 4 and won by 5:suds:

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's put things in perspective. The Bears have been one of the worst franchises in the NFL for a while. Before the season started, no one gave them a chance to make the playoffs except for a few die-hard fans on this board. Hell, I thought they would be lucky to win 7 this season. But here we are, the Bears have won 11 games and won the NFCN. They are a very young and talented team, and barring injuries should be relevant in the NFC for the next few years. So if the Bears shit the bed in the playoffs I will not be let down. They play a hard, defensive style of football that dominates opposing offenses... So much so that casual fans would characterize the opposing offensive performance as "an off day" or "they didn't do anything".
They’ve built a phenomenal defense with the Mack trade and stealing Eddie Jackson in the draft; among other moves. But if you think Trubisky is going to get away with playing QB as wrexkless as he does..

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’ve built a phenomenal defense with the Mack trade and stealing Eddie Jackson in the draft; among other moves. But if you think Trubisky is going to get away with playing QB as wrexkless as he does..
I actually agree with you. I think he needs to develop and play better, but that may take a few seasons. Just holding out hope because we haven't had much in recent years.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is simple. If Nagy looks up at the scoreboard and sees Rams 27 49ers 6 at halftime, he has no reason to win that game, no reason to keep trying to win. Other than to knock the Vikings off, but that actually could be a bad thing.

If I'm Chicago, I'd rather play the Vikings (who they've already beat) at home than the suddenly high-flying Eagles.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is simple. If Nagy looks up at the scoreboard and sees Rams 27 49ers 6 at halftime, he has no reason to win that game, no reason to keep trying to win. Other than to knock the Vikings off, but that actually could be a bad thing.

If I'm Chicago, I'd rather play the Vikings (who they've already beat) at home than the suddenly high-flying Eagles.
you dont wanna play Big D nick

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The linesmakers know something we don't. I'd either bet on MIN to cover, or avoid that shit altogether.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like there may be some inside info that the Bears don’t want to face the Eagles and are going to throw the game.

Yep, they know the Rams won't lose at home to the Niners. They would much rather face Minnesota than Philadelphia...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are more worried about getting the offense moving again then winning or losing this meaningless game. But I cant see MN scoring enough to win in the end.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, its going to go down. Probably between 1-1.5.
i think so too. but i wanna see bhow fast. if its gradual, then its just ppl that like on here, cant figure out the line. If it takes a sharp drastic decline........somethings up

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think so too. but i wanna see bhow fast. if its gradual, then its just ppl that like on here, cant figure out the line. If it takes a sharp drastic decline........somethings up

I just checked the weather there and it looks like it’s gonna be stormy. I bet that’s why the line went down.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams would have to lose at home to the 49ers for the Bears game to be meaningful.

I wouldn't expect it to happen.
Both games are being played at the same time. Bears will not know how "meaningful" unless they're scoreboard watching