• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Orioles are back!

IronJaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O's are having one heck of a great year. I'd love to see them in the World Series. It's been a long road since 1983. I've been watching the Orioles since I was a young kid in the 1960s. I was in elementary school when they whipped the L.A. Dodgers 4-0 in the 1966 World Series. My grandfather was once the property (catcher) of the St. Louis Browns, the team that moved to Baltimore in 1954. My NL team was always the Cardinals and the Orioles were my AL team. The last time the two met in the World Series was when the Cardinals beat the Browns 4 games to 2 in 1944, long before I was born. Both have had some great teams, but it's never the same season (sure enough, the Cardinals are down low this season).

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O's are young and exciting. #1 farm system, #1 prospect in MLB. This was long coming and fans have had to suffer under frugal Angelos ownership. #28 in MLB payroll. The only knock i have on current management is they did nothing to add pitching to this team, top end pitching. Otherwise, I say you are right, this team can complete for a ring.
Now that Mullins is back, I would like to see him return to the top of the order in this lineup:

CF Mullins
SS Henderson
C Rutschman
RF Santander
1B Mountcastle
DH O'Hearn
LF Hayes
2B Frazier
3B Urias

Go O's!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O's are young and exciting. #1 farm system, #1 prospect in MLB. This was long coming and fans have had to suffer under frugal Angelos ownership. #28 in MLB payroll. The only knock i have on current management is they did nothing to add pitching to this team, top end pitching. Otherwise, I say you are right, this team can complete for a ring.
Now that Mullins is back, I would like to see him return to the top of the order in this lineup:

CF Mullins
SS Henderson
C Rutschman
RF Santander
1B Mountcastle
DH O'Hearn
LF Hayes
2B Frazier
3B Urias

Go O's!
Better enjoy it while we can because the Angelos' don't sound like they're going to try to spend any money to retain these guys.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better enjoy it while we can because the Angelos' don't sound like they're going to try to spend any money to retain these guys.

Is this another Dan Synder deal? Get these idiots out of B'MORE, seriously. Finally after all these years of losing and we have the Son now tearing down what Elias & Co have built. I'm just going to enjoy this year while I can....

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this another Dan Synder deal? Get these idiots out of B'MORE, seriously. Finally after all these years of losing and we have the Son now tearing down what Elias & Co have built. I'm just going to enjoy this year while I can....
I think he’s the anti Snyder. Snyder would spend on anything to try to emulate Jerry Jones. The Angelos’ are just a flat out bunch of cheapskates that it’s like pulling teeth to get them to spend a nickel.
Best case scenario as long as they’re running the show is hope Elias stays for a long time and we become the Rays of the North where we can at least develop players and be a threat.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitching is so up and down its frustrating. Likely a short playoff appearance because of it this year.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They still owe Davis $57M, wtf that was an awful deal. Perhaps a buyout to get out of the contract?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still say this would be the ideal lineup:
CF Mullins (Hicks)
SS Henderson (Mateo)
C Rutschman (McCann)
RF Santander (O'Hearn)
1B Mountcastle (O'Hearn)
DH O'Hearn (Santander)
LF Hayes (McKenna)
2B Frazier (Westburg)
3B Urias (Henderson)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still owe Davis $57M, wtf that was an awful deal. Perhaps a buyout to get out of the contract?
Davis’ contract was beyond stupid because I don’t think anyone was within $50 million of the O’s offer.
Don’t know how any of that contract language works. If they could, I’m sure they would just like the Mets would’ve probably done with Bonilla by now.