• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings at Bears

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started this thread a bit early due to the growing rumors that the Bears might sit Fields for Sunday's finale. But this of course seems to be a small controversy when placed in context to what happened to Damar Hamlin on MNF. The hopeful news on that front is he's still hanging in there. We should all keep our collective fingers crossed.

As to Sunday's game against the Vikes, the bad news for them is they have to play the game full bore - ie, no resting key players - due to the playoff seedings. Right now they're sitting at #3, with the Niners holding the 2nd spot. Difference there is two homes games vs one, meaning there's plenty of incentive to secure the #2 seed. And since the Niners don't play until the late game, the Vikes can't afford to give their starters a break, so they'll have to go all out to win, then hope the Cardinals perform a miracle and beat SF later on.

So we return to the issue of whether or not Fields will get benched. As is the case virtually every week and in particular the past few weeks, the kid keeps getting banged up, but perhaps never quite enough to fully sit him. His OL, even at full strength is mediocre at best, but ongoing injuries have decimated this unit. He'll be a sitting duck out there on Sunday. The only reason to consider playing him is that he'd likely break the single season record for rushing yards by a QB, assuming he's fully healthy, which at this point is not a given. As it stands now he's just 64 yards from setting the new record. I'm not sure any record is worth a potential major injury.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting our asses kicked whether he plays or not. Vikings are going to unleash the fury of a thousand suns on us after that ass kicking broadcast across America Sunday vs. the Packers. *shrugs*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting our asses kicked whether he plays or not. Vikings are going to unleash the fury of a thousand suns on us after that ass kicking broadcast across America Sunday vs. the Packers. *shrugs*
Hard to argue with that.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is not playing. Smart.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of 2010, except the bears lost that game that ultimately put the packers in the playoffs because the vet defense was too stupid to pick up a fucking football after one of those plays the QB fumbles on a pass then a packers picked it up in the end zone while the bears defense was busy celebrating. That was such a shitty year that could’ve had us in the SB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just might have cemented our draft slot with the Bears formally sitting Fields for the finale. And if the Texans end up beating a currently demoralized Colts squad, we'll have the 1st pick. Go figure.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of 2010, except the bears lost that game that ultimately put the packers in the playoffs because the vet defense was too stupid to pick up a fucking football after one of those plays the QB fumbles on a pass then a packers picked it up in the end zone while the bears defense was busy celebrating. That was such a shitty year that could’ve had us in the SB.
The game where they forgot to pickup the live ball was 2013.

We also had the 31st ranked D in football that year and it was a catastrophe. Not very "veteran".

We finished 8-8. We were going nowhere near the SB. Even if we had won that game.

2010... we lost the final game to GB. Which was meaningless to us (Locked into #2 seed) but was win/in for GB. We then lost to GB in the NFC Title game.

Your post is very confusing and seems to combine two timelines into one game. Either that, or it is written terribly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just might have cemented our draft slot with the Bears formally sitting Fields for the finale. And if the Texans end up beating a currently demoralized Colts squad, we'll have the 1st pick. Go figure.
It only matters if you think we will trade our pick or draft Anderson/Carter.

If you think we would trade the #1 pick, it matters. If you think we just want Anderson/Carter. We will get them at #2 anyway. As Houston will take a QB.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only matters if you think we will trade our pick or draft Anderson/Carter.

If you think we would trade the #1 pick, it matters. If you think we just want Anderson/Carter. We will get them at #2 anyway. As Houston will take a QB.
Actually, having the #1 pick vs #2 probably doesn't rank nearly as high in importance than if we were to win today (we won't) and possibly end with the #4. The real advantage of #1 is Houston might consider doing business with us, but only if they're hell bent on taking a particular QB in the draft, ie Bryce Young.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have the #1 over the #2. I guess I’m just clueless like that. (rolls eyes)

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be awesome for Poles to take someone like Pace got taken by Lynch, but Poles getting taken by Lynch is more likely on why a trade wont be worked out.

It was reported that Lynch thought we were trading up to take Soloman Thomas, so he made the deal and got the guy he would have taken at 2 anyway. Even though it did not work out either, it was sure alot of picks to give up. The spare picks were not wins by Lynch either. Its not like trading Mack and 25 million dollars to choose Brisker.

If its a toss up with Poles between Carter and Anderson and they are not going to be chosen first. Currently Colts first QB need at 5 other than Houston upgrading from Mills, Lions will want an heir apparent to Goff, Raiders, Falcons, Carolina and Tennessee are next down the line. I guess the best scenario is Houston needing their QB after winning today, and giving us 2 and 12. If Seattle is shopping its 3 and 16.

Other than that, happy last home game for Whitehair, Reiff, Houston Carson, sadly, Monty. Hopefully Claypool gets 100 yards today so his pundits are quieted for a week or two. The only thing better than this all being over is if Monty gets a one or two year extension before its over.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes will give up 400 yds and make your QB look like a pro-bowler. The right side of the Viking OL is a sieve, and the Bears should be able to easily harass Cousins the entire game. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Bears pull off a win and fall down the draft board.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes will give up 400 yds and make your QB look like a pro-bowler. The right side of the Viking OL is a sieve, and the Bears should be able to easily harass Cousins the entire game. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Bears pull off a win and fall down the draft board.
I dont know what the NFL plans to do, they are talking about making up that game since the Bengals are ticked about a coin toss. So all teams might get a bye week before the playoffs except for the loser of the make up game, possibly both. So teams thinking about shutting down might not to stay sharp.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure its not gonna matter between no.1 and 2,because Poles should be smart enough to move out of that position to garner more picks.....
We should get something good for either one and those picks equal more valye than just the 1 or 2......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston gets the fumbled ko return after the td.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston drives down inside the 20 and fumbles the ball away.......

But as I type,Houston int for a td......14-3 Texans......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston just ints a Colts pass as they were inside the 20......Looking good.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1673204751644.gif