• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paid too much. Bad trade.

If it means a SBOWL, worth. And frankly the Clowney trade was worth and we PROBABLY would've made the Super Bowl if half the fuckin' offense didn't decide to get injured in the last Cardinals game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a bad d-coordinator it makes is 1000x worst. Look at the talent on defense the Redskins had last year. The d-coordinator was horrible now fired. One of the best defensive fronts and now adding Young. The real reason why I am excited is b/c of Rivera and Del Rio. they finally have the coaching and the talent on the dline.

Yep, coaching matters... Especially when it comes to calling the plays, O - coordinator or D -coordinator ...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Adams they are still not a better defense than SF. The key is that Seattle has the best QB in the division by far. That is why they will compete for the division title not the defense.
IMO, the Niners didn't have any better defense than the Hawks last year. What got the Niners to the SB was their offense (running game), not their defense

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible trade for a guy who is not really a playmaker & wants to be overpaid.

I don't understand all the love for Adams.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Niners didn't have any better defense than the Hawks last year. What got the Niners to the SB was their offense (running game), not their defense

disagree. there defense dominated games. Look at he NFC Championship game, they gave Rodgers fits.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a playmaker as a in the box safety. But all the picks and the player they gave up for him is crazy. IMO.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

9Ehl.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

? He was/is basically the best strong safety (actually SAFETY) in terms of tackling and blitzing in the game at the moment (and his coverage is pretty damn decent). Seattle has been looking for a Kam Chancellor replacement since... well... Kam Chancellor had to retire due to the neck issues. Makes absolute sense why they wanted Adams. Difference being with Adams he's better in coverage than Kam was... so you get all the benefits of Kam with some additional upside. In addition to that, Seattle brought in quite a bit of personnel for the DL that are WEAK against the run (Mayowa, Irvin namely) and Adams helps fill that gap. If you recall with Seattle's Super Bowl year Avril/Clemons were not great against the run, but because of Kam (and Bennett/Wagner admittedly) they could 'fudge' it.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a playmaker as a in the box safety. But all the picks and the player they gave up for him is crazy. IMO.

He has two career INT(s) & six forced fumbles... over three seasons. Sure he had a high amount of sacks in 2019. He is a very good box safety. He can tackle & blitz. But a playmaker that does not make.

And to overpay like this knowing you will have pay him a lot money to return after 2020, is insane.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree. there defense dominated games. Look at he NFC Championship game, they gave Rodgers fits.
Look at the games between the Hawks and the Niners last season. Look at the SB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has two career INT(s) & six forced fumbles... over three seasons. Sure he had a high amount of sacks in 2019. He is a very good box safety. He can tackle & blitz. But a playmaker that does not make.

And to overpay like this knowing you will have pay him a lot money to return after 2020, is insane.

i agree. I would never make the trade but the guy is a good player. The Bears gave up similar and got back a 2nd round pick for a sack master. that makes more sense to me than this.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the games between the Hawks and the Niners last season. Look at the SB.

If Grap is a good QB the 49ers win that Super bowl. Their defense was insane last year it made Grap look like a good QB and Kyle look like a good coach. Yes I dont like the 49ers. lol

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle asks their strong safety to tackle very well... Seattle was one of the worst run defenses in the league and had a large amount of missed tackles. They want the best box safety in the league.... that is Jamal Adams.

Also, you cannot be a playmaker if you play for the New York Jets. That team and Gase crush your soul and 'playmaking ability' by 30%.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree. I would never make the trade but the guy is a good player. The Bears gave up similar and got back a 2nd round pick for a sack master. that makes more sense to me than this.

I agree he is a very good player. I just don't think he is good enough to justify the cost Seattle paid. The NFL is moving away from box safeties & more towards a positionless secondary.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he is a very good player. I just don't think he is good enough to justify the cost Seattle paid. The NFL is moving away from box safeties & more towards a positionless secondary.

i agree. Its a passing league. That deal was awful.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle asks their strong safety to tackle very well... Seattle was one of the worst run defenses in the league and had a large amount of missed tackles. They want the best box safety in the league.... that is Jamal Adams.

Also, you cannot be a playmaker if you play for the New York Jets. That team and Gase crush your soul and 'playmaking ability' by 30%.

Do you think they had to outbid another team? I cant see Dallas or Baltimore doing this.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a ton to give up but Seattle has sucked picking in the first round.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they had to outbid another team? I cant see Dallas or Baltimore doing this.

Pretty sure Dallas had already offered a 1st round pick the prior year... I would not be surprised this year if teams upped the bidding after Adams had a second standout year with the lowly Jets.

Not gonna lie, Seattle did give up a bit much.... I think a 1st 2020 (in a year with COVID and NCAAF may not even be a thing) and a 2nd in 2021 would've sufficed (again McDougald was probably given away because of cap reasons and why need him)... so I think some other terms were willing to offer a bit more.

Baltimore and Dallas could've potentially driven up the price with most of their roster set for the long term (although I still think Jackson will be injured). I also considered KC but I think they are 100% out of cap room. I also thought New Orleans might make a strong push because Drew Brees is got a couple years left (and would not be surprised if Payton leaves as well).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Dallas had already offered a 1st round pick the prior year... I would not be surprised this year if teams upped the bidding after Adams had a second standout year with the lowly Jets.

Not gonna lie, Seattle did give up a bit much.... I think a 1st 2020 (in a year with COVID and NCAAF may not even be a thing) and a 2nd in 2021 would've sufficed (again McDougald was probably given away because of cap reasons and why need him)... so I think some other terms were willing to offer a bit more.

Baltimore and Dallas could've potentially driven up the price with most of their roster set for the long term (although I still think Jackson will be injured). I also considered KC but I think they are 100% out of cap room.

That's my point no other potential team would of came close to this deal. So why offer it. I thought a 1st and 3rd would of did it. A 1st and 2nd tops. It looks like Seattle was bidding against themselves. You knew the Jets has to unload him b/c of his tirade on the internet. Calling out the coach and GM.