• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with Norton at D coordinator, no way we’re top 5, I just don’t see it ...

you probably wont be top 10 with no legit pass rusher. Could of kept McDougal, the picks, and signed Clowney.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you probably wont be top 10 with no legit pass rusher. Could of kept McDougal, the picks, and signed Clowney.

We were a bottom 10 defense WITH Clowney and McDougald... obviously that's not working. I also have some reservations of giving Clowney HUGE money given his extensive injury history and the fact he was known (not only in College but some with the Texans) of slacking... I think if someone gives Clowney a HUGE contract he's going to mail it in.

That said, Clowney did play amazing last year. It will be unfortunate to lose him but hopefully Collier (spent all season with injuries), Green, Irvin, Mayowa can step up.

McDougald has a pretty decent 2017-18 campaign but he HEAVILY regressed last year and showed that he really can't fill that role.. at all.

Seattle given the likelihood that they are going to not be drafting high (playoffs likely) means they're not going to get anywhere NEAR the talent of Adams. Earl Thomas was taken in the teens during a year which basically had 2 combined drafts.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with this move its very possible you guys are not a top 5 defense this year.
You're probably right, but Seattle will have a top defense amongst the teams in the NFL West.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were a bottom 10 defense WITH Clowney and McDougald... obviously that's not working. I also have some reservations of giving Clowney HUGE money given his extensive injury history and the fact he was known (not only in College but some with the Texans) of slacking... I think if someone gives Clowney a HUGE contract he's going to mail it in.

That said, Clowney did play amazing last year. It will be unfortunate to lose him but hopefully Collier (spent all season with injuries), Green, Irvin, Mayowa can step up.

True, but ask yourself this? Who makes the bigger impact on defense Clowney or Adams? Plus by losing Adams you lose two or 3 future starters.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McDougald has a pretty decent 2017-18 campaign but he HEAVILY regressed last year and showed that he really can't fill that role.. at all.

Seattle given the likelihood that they are going to not be drafting high (playoffs likely) means they're not going to get anywhere NEAR the talent of Adams. Earl Thomas was taken in the teens during a year which basically had 2 combined drafts.
Something else to consider is this trade actually frees up some cap in the short term, which gives the Seahawks more of a chance to sign Clowney on a 1 year deal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but ask yourself this? Who makes the bigger impact on defense Clowney or Adams? Plus by losing Adams you lose two or 3 future starters.

Given how Seattle plays their secondary, I may argue Adams... In Seattle's Super Bowl year and dominant run, they never had a Khalil Mack or Nick Bosa type of lineman. They basically had a bunch of journeyman defensive lineman and then Kam basically destroying any RB, TE, WR that went over the middle. No surprise the investment and secondary strategy of being the glue (outside of Wagner) given Carroll's former secondary coach role. Adams brings that. Seattle's FO was fine letting Thomas and Sherman walk, but they kept Kam around before he retired even as a pretty big chunk of the cap.

Clowney is still a FA as well... he may come back for another 1 year prove it deal (although he proved it IMO last year... Seattle's lackluster defense may have kept teams shy, along with COVID).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clowney is still a possibility... Also, Jamal bolsters our pass rush, he’s actually a beast at blitzing, but I have no hope in Norton actually utilizing that, he’s proven he just doesn’t play chess well...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right, but Seattle will have a top defense amongst the teams in the NFL West.

Even with Adams they are still not a better defense than SF. The key is that Seattle has the best QB in the division by far. That is why they will compete for the division title not the defense.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Adams they are still not a better defense than SF. The key is that Seattle has the best QB in the division by far. That is why they will compete for the division title not the defense.
Thats usually how it goes nowadays

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how Seattle plays their secondary, I may argue Adams... In Seattle's Super Bowl year and dominant run, they never had a Khalil Mack or Nick Bosa type of lineman. They basically had a bunch of journeyman defensive lineman and then Kam basically destroying any RB, TE, WR that went over the middle. No surprise the investment and secondary strategy of being the glue (outside of Wagner) given Carroll's former secondary coach role. Adams brings that. Seattle's FO was fine letting Thomas and Sherman walk, but they kept Kam around before he retired even as a pretty big chunk of the cap.

Clowney is still a FA as well... he may come back for another 1 year prove it deal (although he proved it IMO last year... Seattle's lackluster defense may have kept teams shy, along with COVID).

But the NFL is different now. Defense is about rushing the QB and covering. If you get Clowney back that would be huge for you guys.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the NFL is different now. Defense is about rushing the QB and covering. If you get Clowney back that would be huge for you guys.

Adams I'd argue is the best safety in the NFL at rushing the QB... and Seattle HEAVILY stacks the box with their strong safety.... hell he had 2 less sacks than Mack last year with WAY more tackles.

No argument though. If we get Clowney back + Adams I'd easily consider Seattle NFC Super Bowl favorites (pending return of Carson/Penny).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney is still a possibility... Also, Jamal bolsters our pass rush, he’s actually a beast at blitzing, but I have no hope in Norton actually utilizing that, he’s proven he just doesn’t play chess well...

If you have a bad d-coordinator it makes is 1000x worst. Look at the talent on defense the Redskins had last year. The d-coordinator was horrible now fired. One of the best defensive fronts and now adding Young. The real reason why I am excited is b/c of Rivera and Del Rio. they finally have the coaching and the talent on the dline.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams I'd argue is the best safety in the NFL at rushing the QB... and Seattle HEAVILY stacks the box with their strong safety.... hell he had 2 less sacks than Mack last year with WAY more tackles.

No argument though. If we get Clowney back + Adams I'd easily consider Seattle NFC Super Bowl favorites (pending return of Carson/Penny).

but he had Williams as a d ccorinator. that matters.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can make argument that Landon Collins is just as good in the box safety as Adams. Plus now he has a way better dline and d coordinator.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norton Jr could really screw this guy.

Yah. The good thing is Carroll is a defense/secondary minded coach so he can step in if needed. HC still matters and impacts the area of expertise a lot. ANDY REID is the reason Mahomes is good... very likely LITTLE to do with Eric Bieniemy (which annoyed me why they were saying it was racist he was not hired as a head coach by the Packers.... gotta love our dumbass media).