• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Seattle Seahawks have traded for Jamaal Adams

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've obviously have watched less football than your partner who thought Wilfork retired 10 years ago.

No need to make Wilfork out to be more than he was. A dominant NT with 5 Pro Bowls and 2 SBs to his credit. You need to go back and watch NEs game. Even if Vince didn't collapse the pocket (which he did) he did everything expected of his position. A monster who needed to be double teammed. Who forced the run into the teeth of the defense. A run stopping machine.
Yes, Wilfolk did everything that was expected of him. But he was extremely one-dimensional. You comparison is still ridiculous.

Collapsing the pocket wasn't his skillset though. He ate space and was far more unmovable object than unstoppable force.

The only thing Wilfolk could collapse is a box of Krispy Kremes.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that I do think Wilfork was a very good player, I just find your comparision ridiculous.

Btw: Was Wilfork injury prone? He missed 19 regular season games due to injury in a 13 year career. Adams has missed 6 games in 4 years.
So Adams is at 0.875 and Wilfork was at 0.908.
Please clarify how Adams is so injury prone but Wilfork wasn't.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Keep on trying NWPF.

His contract isn't nearly as you claim it is. Read the thread. He actually is making $4.86 million LESS than he was scheduled to this year, which will be used for Duane Brown's extension. So it is the opposite of your claim. The very good LT will be on the field BECAUSE of Adams' contract.

Oh, and it will be 3 years before contract talks are necessary, and it will be the Seahawks that will initiate them due to the base salary, not Adams due to the base salary. Again, maybe you should actually address the contract details instead of just making stuff up.

"Cancerous"?? No. His teammates love him. Try again.
Yes an Sherman wasn't a cancer to most Hawk fans until he was.

Adams wasn't even through his initial contract and had it extended twice. Once for the trade and now again. Teammates love guys sitting out.

$5M Enjoy your pay day Duane.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Wilfolk did everything that was expected of him. But he was extremely one-dimensional. You comparison is still ridiculous.

Collapsing the pocket wasn't his skillset though. He ate space and was far more unmovable object than unstoppable force.

The only thing Wilfolk could collapse is a box of Krispy Kremes.
Well I compared him to a safety who can't cover. So they both could tackle. One can get sacks and one can get INTs. Let me know when teams start double teamming Adams on almost every down. I do agree with you about one thing, Vince could throw down some grub.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let facts get in the way of your homer narrative.

If playing less then 70% of a teams defensive snaps, at the cost of 2 firsts + and a crazy salary for a hybrid safety is considered a good deal we need to talk. I got a lot of junk to sell you. It's not just games he didn't even suit up for.

Cancerous, yes. He's been a complainer since he joined the league. Ask NFL fans. Even some honest Hawk fans were sick of his sitting out and pouting about not being paid.

Mark my words, within two years he'll be wanting a new contract. Basing it either on the Hawks not letting him rush enough so his numbers suffered, or he continues to be an undersized DE who can't cover and his sack totals go up.

Enjoy.

Who doesn't get signed next because they have to pay him to save face?
I also wouldn't take one years' numbers and act like that is an all or nothing. Last season was DIFFICULT for a lot of players due to CoVid, the 3 previous years 90-100% of snaps. The argument isn't can he stay healthy or be on the field enough, the argument is...you just don't pay a safety that much in today's NFL. Simple as that. I also don't think he is cancerous but did they give up too much for him? I think they did, it goes along with paying a safety that much, they gave up too much and now are paying him too much. Not worth it and I don't care if he is a all-pro the next couple years. You pay QB, OL, CB, DE...if you have the money star WR, maybe a 3 down LB...not a safety.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wouldn't take one years' numbers and act like that is an all or nothing. Last season was DIFFICULT for a lot of players due to CoVid, the 3 previous years 90-100% of snaps. The argument isn't can he stay healthy or be on the field enough, the argument is...you just don't pay a safety that much in today's NFL. Simple as that. I also don't think he is cancerous but did they give up too much for him? I think they did, it goes along with paying a safety that much, they gave up too much and now are paying him too much. Not worth it and I don't care if he is a all-pro the next couple years. You pay QB, OL, CB, DE...if you have the money star WR, maybe a 3 down LB...not a safety.
I would guess that Seattle will be playing a non-traditional 4-3 defense. The game is soo much more focused on passing that they will be more of a 4-2-5 with Adams being the SS/LB near the LOS.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that I do think Wilfork was a very good player, I just find your comparision ridiculous.

Btw: Was Wilfork injury prone? He missed 19 regular season games due to injury in a 13 year career. Adams has missed 6 games in 4 years.
So Adams is at 0.875 and Wilfork was at 0.908.
Please clarify how Adams is so injury prone but Wilfork wasn't.
The comparison was made in jest. That a NT had more INTs than a S. Followed up by the JPP comparison. Yet the typical sensitive Seahawkers got butt hurt. So I continued to play you fish with one pound test.

Stop cherry picking. I said it's not just the games it's the trend of availability of snaps.

Then combine that with the $ and the picks given up. One is costing their team more.

Oh and I've also said Adams is a great pass rusher and above average tackler. I like the player, not the attitude.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used his being able to be on the field 68% of his teams snaps. After an 87%, 100% and 99%. That's a trend down. Hard to pay a guy that much when you see the non covid numbers. He's getting dinged up more and more. That can be expected when you hit and plays like he does.

Cancerous maybe a little strong but he's certainly a distraction. Already had locker room issues with his HC and others. Bitched until he was released. Bitched until he just left Seattle with $5M in cap space. I don't think that's going to sit well with players. Especially RW. It will be fine while they're winning. As soon as it goes south it won't. Sherman, ET, others say hold their beer.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparison was made in jest. That a NT had more INTs than a S. Followed up by the JPP comparison. Yet the typical sensitive Seahawkers got butt hurt. So I continued to play you fish with one pound test.

Stop cherry picking. I said it's not just the games it's the trend of availability of snaps.

Then combine that with the $ and the picks given up. One is costing their team more.

Oh and I've also said Adams is a great pass rusher and above average tackler. I like the player, not the attitude.
.......so you make the comparison "in jest" (which was obvious), I countered with making an observation in the same vein regarding the same 2 players, you immediately went on a rant defending Wilfork, yet you call Seahawk's fans "butthurt" for reacting?!? Lol!
Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

As far as Adams' supposed "attitude", he called Gase "not a leader" in NY because Gase is completely unfit to run a team. In Seattle he has praised PC as a leader, and his teammates love his attitude and intensity. If he was in NE he would rightfully praise Belichick.
No, the issue wasn't and isn't his attitude. It was the NY Jets incompetency as an organization and Gase's complete lack of ability in his role that was the issue.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used his being able to be on the field 68% of his teams snaps. After an 87%, 100% and 99%. That's a trend down. Hard to pay a guy that much when you see the non covid numbers. He's getting dinged up more and more. That can be expected when you hit and plays like he does.

Cancerous maybe a little strong but he's certainly a distraction. Already had locker room issues with his HC and others. Bitched until he was released. Bitched until he just left Seattle with $5M in cap space. I don't think that's going to sit well with players. Especially RW. It will be fine while they're winning. As soon as it goes south it won't. Sherman, ET, others say hold their beer.
He didn't "bitch until he was released". He complained about Gase (you would too if he was your team's coach) and forced a trade because management was completely incompetent.

He didn't "bitch until he just left Seattle with $5 million in cap space". His reworked deal freed up AN ADDITIONAL (just under) $5 million. Yes, his supposed huge 5 year deal is actually a 3 year deal with resonable cap numbers that actually gives the Seahawks MORE cap flexibility.

Your narrative just doesn't fit the facts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......so you make the comparison "in jest" (which was obvious), I countered with making an observation in the same vein regarding the same 2 players, you immediately went on a rant defending Wilfork, yet you call Seahawk's fans "butthurt" for reacting?!? Lol!
Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

As far as Adams' supposed "attitude", he called Gase "not a leader" in NY because Gase is completely unfit to run a team. In Seattle he has praised PC as a leader, and his teammates love his attitude and intensity. If he was in NE he would rightfully praise Belichick.
No, the issue wasn't and isn't his attitude. It was the NY Jets incompetency as an organization and Gase's complete lack of ability in his role that was the issue.
OK cool story. Sounds familiar though. Maybe it's a Seahawk sequel? Your cuteness is only surpassed by your homerism.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't "bitch until he was released". He complained about Gase (you would too if he was your team's coach) and forced a trade because management was completely incompetent.

He didn't "bitch until he just left Seattle with $5 million in cap space". His reworked deal freed up AN ADDITIONAL (just under) $5 million. Yes, his supposed huge 5 year deal is actually a 3 year deal with resonable cap numbers that actually gives the Seahawks MORE cap flexibility.

Your narrative just doesn't fit the facts.
Yes because EVERY player on the Jets bitched. Oh wait. No they didn't.

He bitched and sat out till he got his deal. Go read the stories he was unhappy and wasn't going to suit up till he got a deal. He held your team hostage because he had all the leverage. Otherwise he, PC and JS would be walking out the doors together.

Currently the Hawks have $5M in cap space. Put however much lipstick you want on it.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because EVERY player on the Jets bitched. Oh wait. No they didn't.

He bitched and sat out till he got his deal. Go read the stories he was unhappy and wasn't going to suit up till he got a deal. He held your team hostage because he had all the leverage. Otherwise he, PC and JS would be walking out the doors together.

Currently the Hawks have $5M in cap space. Put however much lipstick you want on it.
.......so the Jets were a competent organization who didn't deserve the criticism? No, there is a reason why Gase is currently an OC for a high school team. He was completely wrong for the job and in way over his head. Adams was dead right.

Why do you keep saying the Seahawks have $5 million in cap space? That is completely incorrect. After Adams' reworked deal freed up nearly $5 million, they now have $13 million in cap space. Get it right.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......so the Jets were a competent organization who didn't deserve the criticism? No, there is a reason why Gase is currently an OC for a high school team. He was completely wrong for the job and in way over his head. Adams was dead right.

Why do you keep saying the Seahawks have $5 million in cap space? That is completely incorrect. After Adams' reworked deal freed up nearly $5 million, they now have $13 million in cap space. Get it right.
Many teams have issues. Not EVERY 3rd rookie on their first contract starts moaning and complaining and forcing a trade. Gase was not his only issue.

Go back and read the link I posted about the salary cap issue #803

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Adams preforms, the contract is worth it. If not, than it's a bust.
Quantify performs. He was brougt in at a very steep price to help win a SB. Anything less is a failure. His signing narrowed that window. 9 draft picks over two years, with no firsts. Not a great way to plan for the future.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quantify performs. He was brougt in at a very steep price to help win a SB. Anything less is a failure. His signing narrowed that window. 9 draft picks over two years, with no firsts. Not a great way to plan for the future.
Get me sacks, ints and don't allow the big plays. Of course easier said than done. Sure it's a steep price to pay for a very solid player but it didn't narrow the window as the cap will jump over the next couple of years so there will be cap relief in sight. Now I do agree lack of draft capital has hurt but I believe they get them all back next year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get me sacks, ints and don't allow the big plays. Of course easier said than done. Sure it's a steep price to pay for a very solid player but it didn't narrow the window as the cap will jump over the next couple of years so there will be cap relief in sight. Now I do agree lack of draft capital has hurt but I believe they get them all back next year.
You're hoping for INTs? Really?

The window has narrowed. RW is getting older. No new real talent over the past few drafts. Last year three picks I feel the 6th round OT may have been their best pick.

No first next year. Six picks I believe? spread out between the 2nd and 7th. Rookie contracts are what keep teams alive and under the cap.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince Wilfork has more career interceptions than Adams