• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they might get a first for him. He does bring a skillset that GM's salivate about, and Ive seen stranger deals for bigger prices.

If dougie can land a first rounder, he's gotta pull that trigger, particularly with the sharks farm in such disarray and the stars all going gray.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Penner can get a 1st+ and Gaustad can get a 1st, Clowe should be able to get one as well. Especially in the current market.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN said:
We've seen lots of Montreal scouts at #SJSharks games lately. Another one here tonight -Scott Mellanby, former Spectrum occupant

Clowe + a pick for Lars Eller would be good. Habs have an extra 2nd in this years draft. If they are looking for a defensive dman maybe Murray for a 2nd.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bruce Garrioch@sungarrioch said:
I'm told San Jose GM Doug Wilson in total "panic mode" so that team will be interesting to watch. Give him a call if u want Doug Murray.

And from everyone's favorite, Eklund:

Some are saying tonight's loss to LA may be the catalyst for a big deal the sharks are considering. .. a deal with Domino implications. .

I don't expect anything, especially coming from these two, but Eklund has broke a couple deals reciently.

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that... I'm all for the keep-sucking-the-rest-of-the-year-to-get-Dougie-fired strategy.

I'm sure he'll come out and say "blah blah, they're working on things, it takes time, the answers are in that locker room, blah blah" for the millionth time. :L

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know about that... I'm all for the keep-sucking-the-rest-of-the-year-to-get-Dougie-fired strategy.

I'm sure he'll come out and say "blah blah, they're working on things, it takes time, the answers are in that locker room, blah blah" for the millionth time. :L

Staying is suck mode is fine but Wilson could at least move a few players and get an extra 1st round pick or two, or three...or four.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Staying is suck mode is fine but Wilson could at least move a few players and get an extra 1st round pick or two, or three...or four.

Im for that... Keep sucking, and add draft picks. Esp for this draft that everyone is touting as very deep...

My untouchables: Pavelski & Couture
Everyone else id be fine leaving -- if it wasnt bone head moves like Mcginn for TJ & Winnik, then you let the good player walk & sign the extra parts...

Or it cant be a salary dump like heatley then give the money to guys like Zues & Burrish... Either keep the money or use it for something useful.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful for what you wish for about Clowe or Murray, cuz it might just come true.
:noidea: can only guess what Doug is thinking "what to do about this team". :burt:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im for that... Keep sucking, and add draft picks. Esp for this draft that everyone is touting as very deep...

My untouchables: Pavelski & Couture
Everyone else id be fine leaving -- if it wasnt bone head moves like Mcginn for TJ & Winnik, then you let the good player walk & sign the extra parts...

Or it cant be a salary dump like heatley then give the money to guys like Zues & Burrish... Either keep the money or use it for something useful.

I'm curious, why Pavelski as an untouchable? Certainly you don't deal him just for draft picks but if there's an oppertunity to deal him for a younger roster player, someone who's more dynamic offensively, a natural winger who better fits the faster paced system the Sharks claim they want to play, and get a high pick to boot, why not?

IMO Couture is the only tradable asset that should be considered untouchable.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm curious, why Pavelski as an untouchable? Certainly you don't deal him just for draft picks but if there's an oppertunity to deal him for a younger roster player, someone who's more dynamic offensively, a natural winger who better fits the faster paced system the Sharks claim they want to play, and get a high pick to boot, why not?

IMO Couture is the only tradable asset that should be considered untouchable.

I dont think Pavelski will ever bring back his actual value in a trade, and i dont like the idea of dealing him for a prospect that might not pan out... I also think he's relativaly cheap for the production he gives out when he's not in a slump. Its also quite universal and can play 1st 2nd or 3rd line duties depending on how deep of a team he's on.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle could be the first piece moved......*source

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think Pavelski will ever bring back his actual value in a trade, and i dont like the idea of dealing him for a prospect that might not pan out... I also think he's relativaly cheap for the production he gives out when he's not in a slump. Its also quite universal and can play 1st 2nd or 3rd line duties depending on how deep of a team he's on.

When I said young player "prospect" wasn't my intended meaning. Sorry if there was confusion there. I was thinking more along the lines of a swap in skill sets. Pavelski is versitile but many of his skill sets are redundant on the team. Swapping him for a player who can provide simular skill level ande production while adding skill sets the Sharks lack would be in the teams best interest IMO.

More from good old Eklund

A few cut and pastes from the link

On Ryan Clowe...

Told today that a deal is there to be made and that there are three teams...two of which are deep rivals in Montreal and Toronto...working on the third team..could be Pittsburgh...

On Douglas Murray...

...I am hearing the Flyers and Senators have interest...

He also speculates the Sharks could be clearing cap space to bring Soupy back. :wtf2: There's GM meetings on Tuesday. If somethings going to go down we may not have to wait to long before it happens.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He also speculates the Sharks could be clearing cap space to bring Soupy back. :wtf2: There's GM meetings on Tuesday. If somethings going to go down we may not have to wait to long before it happens.

It makes zero sence --- therefore its probably is the most likely move to happen...

As for the Pavelski for a young player trade, if that young player is going to consistantly net 25-30 a year and provide the leadership, heart and actually try, then im for it... I think most of the time when people think pavs is slacking, is just because he's slow...

Anyway we can land Sean Couturier for Ryan Clowe? lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It makes zero sence --- therefore its probably is the most likely move to happen...

As for the Pavelski for a young player trade, if that young player is going to consistantly net 25-30 a year and provide the leadership, heart and actually try, then im for it... I think most of the time when people think pavs is slacking, is just because he's slow...

Anyway we can land Sean Couturier for Ryan Clowe? lol

The Campbell thing didn't make much sence to me either. If Boyle is going to be moved, and there have been a lot of bloggers saying he's a popular name amongst trade talks, and the Burns experiment at forward becomes a permanente thing then, maybe I could see it. However, I got the impression he didn't want to be here the first time around so I don't know why Wilson would be interested again.

I was thinking something like Pavelski for TJ Oshie as an example. I've never really felt Pavelski was ever slacking but I do think his poor skating is a detriment to the team offensive game. Pavelski is a respectable point producer but I feel those on a line with him would benifit and produce more from someone who is stronger on the puck and is a quicker, more agile, skater as well as a little more creative offensively.

From Lebrun: Sharks roster needs a fresh coat of paint

Talks about the popular names in trade discussion from the Sharks being Boyle, Havlat, Clowe, and Murray.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree pavs speed is a detriment now and I am all for moving him. His production has waned alot recently. Now would be the best time to trade him before his value goes down.

I think Boyle gets moved more likely than any other player. Irvin looks like he might be able to fit the Boyle job long term. 4 goals already from the blue line for him and he has only been up part of the season. Someone will overpay for Boyle.

Only untouchable for me is Couture.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree pavs speed is a detriment now and I am all for moving him. His production has waned alot recently. Now would be the best time to trade him before his value goes down.

I think Boyle gets moved more likely than any other player. Irvin looks like he might be able to fit the Boyle job long term. 4 goals already from the blue line for him and he has only been up part of the season. Someone will overpay for Boyle.

Only untouchable for me is Couture.

Irwin is more of a two-way dman. I don't expect him to keep putting up the goals and points he has.

Boyle to the Rangers seems to be the rumor that is gaining a lot of popularity. Maybe something like: Boyle, Clowe, and a prospect for Haglin, MDZ, and a 1st.

Maybe Wilson is still chasing after Nash...</sarcasm>

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Irwin is more of a two-way dman. I don't expect him to keep putting up the goals and points he has.

Boyle to the Rangers seems to be the rumor that is gaining a lot of popularity. Maybe something like: Boyle, Clowe, and a prospect for Haglin, MDZ, and a 1st.

Id love that trade - hagelin, not nash... Id also be down for Pavs for TJ Oshie, but I doubt StL would ever go for that

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is exactly the type of trade the sharks should be looking at. Question for you guys, do you think before the deadline they might be able to get a little more back, especially if they are looking for youth and picks since so many teams are in the playoff picture?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Doug making the biggest splash by trying to make a serious run this year. :pray:

But I think if Doug trades Boyle then more players will be out the door with Doug adding youth & picks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MDZ would be game over for my underwear.