• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Garrioch@Ottawasun said:
Sharks GM Doug Wilson has been busy working the phones. Even after signing C Scott Gomez to a one-year deal after his buyout from the Habs, the Sharks are still trying to acquire one more winger. Sources say Wilson believes he needs one more player to give him balance on all three lines

Nothing too ground breaking there but there are reports of Sharks scouts following a few eastern conference teams around reciently.

Andrew Bergen@Bergen Record said:
notes that Sharks scout John Ferguson Jr. attended his second straight Rangers’ game last night in Tampa.

Not sure what they would be interested in on the Rangers. Both teams need scoring depth help so on paper they don't appear to be good trading partners.

George Richards said:
Scouts at #FlaPanthers #Sabres: Chi, Edm, Col, Det, Nash, SJ, Cbs, Phx, Ana, LAK

Drew Stafford (Buf) and Stephen Weiss (Fla) are both rumored to be on the block.

David Pollak said:
...And Petrecki on loan to WOR for conditioning, stays on roster.

Interesting timing for this. Petrecki does need to log some ice time so a conditioning stint will be good for him. However, if teams are interested in him this presents the perfect senerio to showcase him.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh on Stafford and Wiess only produces when hes getting top minutes, that being said if he's on a team with depth that could help him. I dont like either trade idea, isnt Stafford more of the same?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh on Stafford and Wiess only produces when hes getting top minutes, that being said if he's on a team with depth that could help him. I dont like either trade idea, isnt Stafford more of the same?

More of the same in what way? I'd consider both of them upgrades over Clowe. Both Stafford and Wiess bring good speed and puck control games and have more diverse offensive games than Clowe. Depending on the cost either would be good additions IMO.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More of the same in what way? I'd consider both of them upgrades over Clowe. Both Stafford and Wiess bring good speed and puck control games and have more diverse offensive games than Clowe. Depending on the cost either would be good additions IMO.

I was thinking STafford was more of the same in not scoring lol, skates fast and can get to the puck but thats about it. Clowe is a shell of his former self, i think Ryan Malone knocking him out was the turning poin

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rangers ehhh... What would it take to land my boy Carl hagelin?? I have a hard on for that guy...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rangers ehhh... What would it take to land my boy Carl hagelin?? I have a hard on for that guy...

Hagelin would be a nice pick up. But the Rangers are trying to deal a dman/futures for forward help just like the Sharks. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see the two teams making good trading partners.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rumors out of Minnie is that Seto is on the block, and they have called up Coyle

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm hoping some teams are out of the race quickly, and ready to deal. I can definitely see that being the case with Calgary.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be with a team that wants a young right handed Dman. I'm assuming Braun/Demers is the best trade bait the Sharks are willing to part with.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rumors out of Minnie is that Seto is on the block, and they have called up Coyle

Seto is playing his way out of the NHL. Last two games he's ended the game on the 4th line. He's expected to start the game there tonight if he's even in the line up at all.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Philly scouts have been at the Sharks last two games and have been in attendance at practices all week. Ranger scouts have been in attendance for the last three Sharks games.

With Burns about ready to return maybe we'll see some forward help brought in soon.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Philly scouts have been at the Sharks last two games and have been in attendance at practices all week. Ranger scouts have been in attendance for the last three Sharks games.

With Burns about ready to return maybe we'll see some forward help brought in soon.

Please let it be Matt Read please please please. I cant see anyone on the Rags helping

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Please let it be Matt Read please please please. I cant see anyone on the Rags helping

Yeah, the Rangers part has me stumped. I'd love either Read or Voracek from Philly though.

I could see something like Galiardi, Braun, plus a mid pick or B level prospect for Read.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, the Rangers part has me stumped. I'd love either Read or Voracek from Philly though.

I could see something like Galiardi, Braun, plus a mid pick or B level prospect for Read.

Paul Holmgren is pretty much a dipshit of a GM maybe he will take Murray lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paul Holmgren is pretty much a dipshit of a GM maybe he will take Murray lol

While that would be nice I think the Flyers biggest need is a swift skating puck mover on the back end. Wilson would have to be one hell of a salesman to pass Murray off as anything remotely resembling that.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While that would be nice I think the Flyers biggest need is a swift skating puck mover on the back end. Wilson would have to be one hell of a salesman to pass Murray off as anything remotely resembling that.

Package deal? Murray and Braun? Mezaros is out,why not go for it lol Though I wouldnt be shocked if Demers is the one going the other way

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Petrecki was placed on waivers today. I expect him to be claimed.