• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Petrecki was placed on waivers today. I expect him to be claimed.

Ill be honest the one game I did. See him plAy he looked lost and overwhelmed so I'm not going to be butt hurt over it

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Petrecki cleared waivers. I'm a bit surprised by it but it's good news for Worcester and San Jose.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Rangers part has me stumped. I'd love either Read or Voracek from Philly though.

I could see something like Galiardi, Braun, plus a mid pick or B level prospect for Read.

LOL.. you really think Galiardi has ANY trade value, Cmon?

I fail to see a sane GM who would want that useless POS on their roster but what do I know...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me is happy Petrecki did not get claimed. The other part makes me think other GMs don't think much of him. Another awesome Sharks 1st round selection...

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. Part of me still holds out hope that he will turn into a serviceable stay at home Dman.

I thought it was good news that he wasn't claimed but after thinking about it, it could just be a sign that 29 other GMs think he blows.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
three words;

Blow. it. up. time for SJ brass to clean house and start from scratch. This team has been in decline for a few years starting with questionable signings and horrible trades from the GM, a clear lack of ability to motivate, manage, and strategize from the coach, and a "gutless" face of the franchise as well as the other face being notorious for effort issues for 15 years.

Einstein said, "the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result." The sharks have tried the jumbo-patty combo for now the 8th year and it's obviously ineffective as they both have an obvious inability to try hard every game and both float and disappear for long stretches. Inevitably, one of those stretches comes in the PO's and it's lights out. This year, perhaps, they need to miss the PO's to realize this, but they need to clean it out:

1. dougie, as much as I love him, has gotta go. The last several years, he has mortgaged the future to win. He's been moderately successful but the last couple years, his moves have completely destroyed the sharks' franchise. Zues, moore, galiardi, burish, murray, and so many more dumb dumb moves have thrown double digit millions down the toilet and ruined the chance at a sustained future. Sadly, as much of a supporter as ive been with dougie, Im finished with it.

2. Tmax gets the ax. this is year 5 of his tenure. He was given all the 'talent' to compete for a cup, particularly his first 3 years. he got spanked by ana in rd 1 his first year and then while he made it to BtB WCF's, he won a total of 1 game in both series. Then spanked last year and a good chance of missing the PO's this year I think. He cannot get consistent effort from his guys. couldnt coach a PK, and just isnt motivating or creative enough to get his guys to play consistently hard. He clearly does not get the most from his guys.

2. time to jettison jumbo and patty. It's well over 14M of great talent, but no heart. the team follows these two, and it shows. If they were gone, the rest of the team would look for a new leader and captain, who would cldearly be cooch, the role model player and the perfect leader for a new look, younger, hungrier, and tougher team.

3. Time to jettison clowe, murray, zues, and the rest of the old, slow guard. These guys make a combined nearly 9M but cannot skate. (at least clowe and murray cant, and zues is too old). they are hurting more than they help out there and might have a little value left. clearly, the sharks would need to look for some physicality, but I think that can be found elsewhere for a better price.

A package of any/all of Jumbo, patty, clowe, zues, and murray would give the sharks enough picks and prospects to compete within a few years and with a new coach and gm to motivate them, I gotta think the painful rebuild might be shorter than it seems.

personally, Im ready for watch a different team out there as this act is sure getting old.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
three words;

Blow. it. up. time for SJ brass to clean house and start from scratch. This team has been in decline for a few years starting with questionable signings and horrible trades from the GM, a clear lack of ability to motivate, manage, and strategize from the coach, and a "gutless" face of the franchise as well as the other face being notorious for effort issues for 15 years.

Einstein said, "the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result." The sharks have tried the jumbo-patty combo for now the 8th year and it's obviously ineffective as they both have an obvious inability to try hard every game and both float and disappear for long stretches. Inevitably, one of those stretches comes in the PO's and it's lights out. This year, perhaps, they need to miss the PO's to realize this, but they need to clean it out:

1. dougie, as much as I love him, has gotta go. The last several years, he has mortgaged the future to win. He's been moderately successful but the last couple years, his moves have completely destroyed the sharks' franchise. Zues, moore, galiardi, burish, murray, and so many more dumb dumb moves have thrown double digit millions down the toilet and ruined the chance at a sustained future. Sadly, as much of a supporter as ive been with dougie, Im finished with it.

2. Tmax gets the ax. this is year 5 of his tenure. He was given all the 'talent' to compete for a cup, particularly his first 3 years. he got spanked by ana in rd 1 his first year and then while he made it to BtB WCF's, he won a total of 1 game in both series. Then spanked last year and a good chance of missing the PO's this year I think. He cannot get consistent effort from his guys. couldnt coach a PK, and just isnt motivating or creative enough to get his guys to play consistently hard. He clearly does not get the most from his guys.

2. time to jettison jumbo and patty. It's well over 14M of great talent, but no heart. the team follows these two, and it shows. If they were gone, the rest of the team would look for a new leader and captain, who would cldearly be cooch, the role model player and the perfect leader for a new look, younger, hungrier, and tougher team.

3. Time to jettison clowe, murray, zues, and the rest of the old, slow guard. These guys make a combined nearly 9M but cannot skate. (at least clowe and murray cant, and zues is too old). they are hurting more than they help out there and might have a little value left. clearly, the sharks would need to look for some physicality, but I think that can be found elsewhere for a better price.

A package of any/all of Jumbo, patty, clowe, zues, and murray would give the sharks enough picks and prospects to compete within a few years and with a new coach and gm to motivate them, I gotta think the painful rebuild might be shorter than it seems.

personally, Im ready for watch a different team out there as this act is sure getting old.

hate to say it, but I gotta add boyle to that list too. I love his heart and his skill, but he's obviously not part of any new look team but could land a nice bounty too in the housecleaning. hate to see him go, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like how you only show up after a bad game, Rules.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
by the way, the rebuild may be instantaneous actually. With all those guys gone, the sharks would be getting rid of roughly 30M in salaries and as of right now, the 2013 UfA class is pretty deep:

perry and getzlaf are UFA's (a man can dream), along with a ton of others. Whoever the GM is could actually go shopping and build a respectable team.

The sharks would still have couture, pavelski and havlat as 3 top 6 forward. They could shop for perry, getzlaf, roy, horton, weiss, clarkson (perfect replacement for clowe there), raymond, bozak, lapierre (another physical replacement with some skill), and several others. All of those guys are 29 or younger, so they can be effective for many years and make the sharks compettiive right away. On D, ian white would be nice to have back. figure they can get 1 or two good young players in trade for the aforementioned players, sign 3 guys on that list for an average of 5M each, and ian white for 3M, then they would still have some 10M left over and have a solid forward crew and reasonable 7 D corps with white, burns, stuart, vlasic, demers, braun, irwin.

they might not be a cup favorite, but they would have a billion high picks as a bounty for all those players and still a competitive team for next year.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like how you only show up after a bad game, Rules.

I was posting earlier in the year about the bottom 6 not showing up throughout the first 5 games even amidst all the lovefest for the sharks being such a dominant team and being ranked #1 by tsn and all the pundits. It was a matter of time before the lack of depth caught up to them. Among other things, it brought them down last year and then got even worse this year. Amazing that people really thought that jumbo and patty had turned into consistent great players after 4 rediculous games.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, Ive been doing my best not to post about how awful they have been for the last 7 games, not just tonight's game.

However, saying how bad they are when they are winning (or leaset not losing in regulation) usually gets others angry and brings them down, so I held my tongue, or umm, fingers, until tonight, when i just couldnt do it.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking the same thing. Part of me still holds out hope that he will turn into a serviceable stay at home Dman.

I thought it was good news that he wasn't claimed but after thinking about it, it could just be a sign that 29 other GMs think he blows.

petrecki is junk. He's not a spring chicken anymore and sure looked out of place to me in his debut. Granted, it's one NHL game, so not fair to judge, but from what I see, he is a step slow and not quite got it. Irwin seems far better, and I really like his game at both ends. not sure why they prefer to send him down rather than bench a guy hurting the team at both ends like murray.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
three words;

Couldn't agree more. We pretty much know how this season will end, just like the others in the past. Nothing will change for the better with this organization until the veteran core is long gone and they can build through the draft with a new GM. Losing is tough to take, but you can accept it if there's at least some direction. This team is headed nowhere. Of course, ownership would not want to lose the consistent 17,562 attendance with a rebuilding phase.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Id say this sums it up perfectly:

"Right off the start, the first shift, they score a goal. You don't want to do that," San Jose captain Joe Thornton said of Dubinsky's first goal of the season. "But then we played some good hockey. You're down 3-1 and then they score again to start the third period. It was just one of those games you put behind, you get ready for tomorrow."

Does anybody see any taking responsibility there? Any talk of effort? accountability? from that youd think the sharks played a great game and got edged with some bad luck. This is the captain of a team that just got their asses kicked by the worst team in the NHL and instead of showing any fire, he thinks they actually played some good hockey tonight. wow!!!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowe for George Parros. That is about what Clowe has become and his worth. Taking stupid penalties and throwing some fists and not much more.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Right off the start, the first shift, they score a goal. You don't want to do that," San Jose captain Joe Thornton said of Dubinsky's first goal of the season. "But then we played some good hockey. You're down 3-1 and then they score again to start the third period. It was just one of those games you put behind, you get ready for tomorrow."

Does anybody see any taking responsibility there? Any talk of effort? accountability? from that youd think the sharks played a great game and got edged with some bad luck. This is the captain of a team that just got their asses kicked by the worst team in the NHL and instead of showing any fire, he thinks they actually played some good hockey tonight. wow!!!

No one in that dressing room has the guts to grab a chair and fire it across the room, including the coach.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raymond, Lapierre, and Bozak? Holy crap, if you're bitching about the bottom six this much now I'd hate to see what you'd be like with those three in it.

From the begining of the season, even during the winning streak, the coaching staff didn't seem to be on the same page. That looks even more evident now during the loosing streak. From the outside looking in it appers Johnson and Robinson want to play a certain way and McLellan is fighting it. There are a couple players who don't fit Johnson's style for the offense and it's pretty obvious who they are; Clowe, Murray, and Handzus. Handzus isn't going anywhere and has actually been an asset to the team but his inability to fit into the offence means he should be on the 4th line between two guys who are fast and physical. That leaves you Clowe, Murray, one of Demers or Braun, probably Galiardi, and picks/prospects to get perferably younger talent who better fits the offensive scheme.

At this point if Robinson is dead set on not being a HC then give Johnson that spot. Keep Robinson handling the dmen and put Ricci behind the bench to handle the forwards. If the ship is still sinking at the end of the year then consider blowing it up in the offseason when those players will hold more value and can garner higher level picks, prospects, and younger NHL ready talent.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Translation: "It's okay that we just began this trip by not being ready to play and getting our asses and heads kicked in by a team that has been near the bottom of the conference for all but one season of its history, but we just may hope for better tomorrow night in Nashville. Hopefully, someone will send us flowers so we can feel better about ourselves through this intense adversity, as travelling on your own private team plane is extremely difficult."

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Raymond, Lapierre, and Bozak? Holy crap, if you're bitching about the bottom six this much now I'd hate to see what you'd be like with those three in it.

From the begining of the season, even during the winning streak, the coaching staff didn't seem to be on the same page. That looks even more evident now during the loosing streak. From the outside looking in it appers Johnson and Robinson want to play a certain way and McLellan is fighting it. There are a couple players who don't fit Johnson's style for the offense and it's pretty obvious who they are; Clowe, Murray, and Handzus. Handzus isn't going anywhere and has actually been an asset to the team but his inability to fit into the offence means he should be on the 4th line between two guys who are fast and physical. That leaves you Clowe, Murray, one of Demers or Braun, probably Galiardi, and picks/prospects to get perferably younger talent who better fits the offensive scheme.

At this point if Robinson is dead set on not being a HC then give Johnson that spot. Keep Robinson handling the dmen and put Ricci behind the bench to handle the forwards. If the ship is still sinking at the end of the year then consider blowing it up in the offseason when those players will hold more value and can garner higher level picks, prospects, and younger NHL ready talent.

whats wrong with raymond? he has good speed, he's only 27 and just entering his prime, and averages 40 pts [18g, 22a]/82 games played. seems like solid 3rd line production. I obviously wouldnt throw 5M at him, but for a reasonable number say 2-3M, he would provide nice scoring depth. Lapierre is not meant to be a big scorer but he is tough, mean, gets under opponents skin (like torres) and can score 10 goals for you (avg: 20 pts [ 10g,10a] per 82 games). I hate him, which is exactly the kind of player the sharks need. Bozak is 26 and putting up nice points in toronto. again, not likely to garner much more than 2-3M and would add nice depth. Obviously, I would love the GM to land a guy like perry, but that's tough.

As for the coaching, robinson obviously knows what he's doing. The PK revolution is obviously his doing. however, the previous PK was much more of the lazy passive game that tmac has this team playing perfectly. i dont know johnson well and obviously Id love to have LR take over the helm, but at this point, tmac is clearly not the right guy.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raymond is a one trick pony. He has speed and thats it. His only production has come when playing on a scoring line not while he's been on the 3rd line.

Bozak can produce somewhat respectably when paired with higher teir linemates. Put him on a third line where he's needed to carry more of the load offensively if not be the catalyst for it and he's is going to be next to useless.

Lapierre and Desjardins are exactly the same player only the Canucks have a better system in place for their 4th line and laps has slightly better linemates.