• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder if Wilson would consider Lars Eller. He's young and has the versatility to play either wing or center as well as play in both a scoring or checking role. He's big, skates well, smart in all three zones, sounds like a DWil player to me.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wonder if Wilson would consider Lars Eller. He's young and has the versatility to play either wing or center as well as play in both a scoring or checking role. He's big, skates well, smart in all three zones, sounds like a DWil player to me.

I think at the rate the bottom 2 lines are scoring he should go for superior scoring marginal every where else lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think at the rate the bottom 2 lines are scoring he should go for superior scoring marginal every where else lol

I don't think Wilson is going to get that with the trading chips he has available. A rental of Murray won't do it. Trading Clowe for another forward may help the production of the 2nd line but certainly won't improve the teams scoring depth. Demers/Braun have good value but it's not remotely close to bringing in a good scoring forward. If Wilson is planning for the Post Thornton Sharks (which he should be) he's going to want to hang on to as many of the high end picks and prospects as he can so those shouldn't be available.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Wilson is going to get that with the trading chips he has available. A rental of Murray won't do it. Trading Clowe for another forward may help the production of the 2nd line but certainly won't improve the teams scoring depth. Demers/Braun have good value but it's not remotely close to bringing in a good scoring forward. If Wilson is planning for the Post Thornton Sharks (which he should be) he's going to want to hang on to as many of the high end picks and prospects as he can so those shouldn't be available.

Im thinking along the lines of a high end 3rd liner, or mid tier second liner any combination of Demers/Murray/Braun and maybe a draft pick should do it.

Clowe might have some value but hes been on the decline for 3 years running, and it wouldnt address the real issue of the bottom 6 not scoring

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way am I ever wasting time clicking on an URL that contains any variation of "Kevin Kurz" in it, sorry...

Your a wiser man for it lol We come up with far better rumors on this board then that turd does

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Allegedly bawston was in town scouting Clowe last night lol. Take him please

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have Lucic and want Clowe? 2nd rounder and DWil should send him cross country.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Last night was a good game for them to attend. Except for the turnover that led to a goal Clowe had a pretty good game.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone else find hilarious that Ian white is a press box regular now? I do

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone else find hilarious that Ian white is a press box regular now? I do

I'm not sure about hilarious, but I do know someone here who was claiming he'd rather have White than Burns. [MOD Edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure about hilarious, but I do know someone here who was claiming he'd rather have White than Burns. [MOD Edit]

If I'm not mistaken the argument wasn't White > Burns but White, Setoguchi, Coyle > Burns. No one could have predicted such a massive decline in Seto's game and given the Sharks scoring depth woes at the time it was and still is a valid stand point. White is a disaster in his own end but so was Burns when he first came to the Sharks. Who's to say White wouldn't have improved his play in his own end if he had stayed with the Sharks like Burns has.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I'm not mistaken the argument wasn't White > Burns but White, Setoguchi, Coyle > Burns. No one could have predicted such a massive decline in Seto's game and given the Sharks scoring depth woes at the time it was and still is a valid stand point. White is a disaster in his own end but so was Burns when he first came to the Sharks. Who's to say White wouldn't have improved his play in his own end if he had stayed with the Sharks like Burns has.

That was the one conversation, there was also a "I'd take White over Burns straight up", which is ridiculous. I like White, and think he did really well when he was here, and not sure why he has dropped off.
Seto is still upset about not being here. My GM at work had dinner w him over the summer...his gf is best friends w Seto's fiance, and he commented on how hard it is being away, because she lives here. I know he's a pro, and getting traded happens, but it's obviously still bothering him. But his play had dropped off with the Sharks already, so not sure what to make of that...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That being said, you know its a slow day at TSN when they report Bob McKenzie getting 50k twitter followers lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was the one conversation, there was also a "I'd take White over Burns straight up", which is ridiculous. I like White, and think he did really well when he was here, and not sure why he has dropped off.
Seto is still upset about not being here. My GM at work had dinner w him over the summer...his gf is best friends w Seto's fiance, and he commented on how hard it is being away, because she lives here. I know he's a pro, and getting traded happens, but it's obviously still bothering him. But his play had dropped off with the Sharks already, so not sure what to make of that...

Whites only as good as his supporting cast who can cover up his fuck ups, Lidstrom did that as did Datsyuk and Zetterberg all he really had to do is be in the right place at the right time more a less with the wings. When the work load fell solely on him is when it came apart

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dreger reporting the Sharks are asking for a "kings ransom" for Clowe but are listening to offers.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dreger reporting the Sharks are asking for a "kings ransom" for Clowe but are listening to offers.

By Kings ransom, do they mean a burger king franchise installed at the tank? I wonder how versteeg would do in SJ

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By Kings ransom, do they mean a burger king franchise installed at the tank? I wonder how versteeg would do in SJ

I would imagine it means Wilson's asking for something simular to what Edmonton got for Penner. A solid prospect in Colton Teubert, a 1st round pick, and a conditional 2nd rounder.

I'd be happy with just a 1st rounder for him but with so many teams in the PO hunt this year it's going to be a sellers market and prices are going to be high.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dreger was on NHL Tonight and went a little more in depth on the asking price for Clowe. He was just speculating but he believes the asking price is a 1st + a prospect or two 2nds and a young roster player.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dreger was on NHL Tonight and went a little more in depth on the asking price for Clowe. He was just speculating but he believes the asking price is a 1st + a prospect or two 2nds and a young roster player.

Geez, for Ryan Clowe?? lol I was gonna post lets trade Clowe for Seto... They are both suckin dick right now... Thats about the value I put on Clowe... I dont think theres anyway in hell theyd get a 1st rounder unless its a 25-30th pick