• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Irwin is more of a two-way dman. I don't expect him to keep putting up the goals and points he has.

Boyle to the Rangers seems to be the rumor that is gaining a lot of popularity. Maybe something like: Boyle, Clowe, and a prospect for Haglin, MDZ, and a 1st.

Maybe Wilson is still chasing after Nash...</sarcasm>

I dunno if I agree with you on Irwin the kids ability to create shooting lanes by walking the blue line is the best on the team by a long shot. He combines that with the actual smarts to get on net quickly. If anything he has the potential to be a 35-40 point kind of dman. He won't put up prime mike green numbers but a blue line loaded with a bunch of 30 to 40 point dman is a nice problem to have

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dunno if I agree with you on Irwin the kids ability to create shooting lanes by walking the blue line is the best on the team by a long shot. He combines that with the actual smarts to get on net quickly. If anything he has the potential to be a 35-40 point kind of dman. He won't put up prime mike green numbers but a blue line loaded with a bunch of 30 to 40 point dman is a nice problem to have

I just don't see the offensive instincts from him to be that kind of point producer. He does have a fantastic shot and is very good at creating space to get it on net but other than that he plays a very stationary game. That could stem from being paired with offensive dmen in both Worcester and San Jose but to this point I haven't seen anything to make me think there could be more to his game. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that is exactly the type of trade the sharks should be looking at. Question for you guys, do you think before the deadline they might be able to get a little more back, especially if they are looking for youth and picks since so many teams are in the playoff picture?

First off, welcome to the Sharks board Reefer.

It's really going ot depend on how Wilson wants to retool the roster as to what moves might be made. If Wilson wants that retooling to come in the form of primarily picks and prospects then making trades on or before the trade deadline will maximize his value. If he's looking to add NHL experienced young roster players then he should look to make his larger moves in the offseason when teams are more likely to deal those types of players.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will hopefully be looking for a new job soon, instead of more ways to screw up the team.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson will hopefully be looking for a new job soon, instead of more ways to screw up the team.

You'll get your wish soon enough...maybe not soon enough for you, but soon enough.

I still think he's a better option than 25+ current GMs, and I can't speak for any of the future first time GMs out there. That said, I just don't think anyone can make a case for anything but "addition by subtraction" with DW, which would be fine if he was 50% the detriment you consider him to be.

:suds:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. yeah, sorry, I can't think so highly of him as some of you guys do.

And like I said many times before, I can't name a better replacement because I don't pretend to be some great assessor of GM talent/performance across the league.

I'm just very unhappy with his philosophies lately (3rd & 4th line don't matter, you can win with a 2 line team, you can still win with big&slow in this league, doesn't value draft picks, sucks at drafting, etc.)

Anyway, going off on a rant and that's not what I was after so I'll stop. :P

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. yeah, sorry, I can't think so highly of him as some of you guys do.

And like I said many times before, I can't name a better replacement because I don't pretend to be some great assessor of GM talent/performance across the league.

I'm just very unhappy with his philosophies lately (3rd & 4th line don't matter, you can win with a 2 line team, you can still win with big&slow in this league, doesn't value draft picks, sucks at drafting, etc.)

Anyway, going off on a rant and that's not what I was after so I'll stop. :P

It's all valid. It's just, like I said, an "addition by subtraction" type argument since there just aren't upgrades out there that any of us can speak of. And I just don't think he's nearly bad enough to think it'd be an improvement just getting rid of him. :2cents: Your :2cents: is just as valid, I suppose.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burke didn't do too bad of a re-building job in TOR. I know me made some wild moves, but in the end, they're looking pretty good now. Years of top draft picks didn't hurt either. :2cents:

:clap:

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So silly hockybuzz rumor about the Sharks being interested in Ľubomír Višňovský hes 36 and making like 5.6 on the books... I know this is false but still has to mean DW is poking around. How come I havent herd any rumors of the Sharks selling Boyle, Clowe, and Murray for youth/picks/prospects? Only hearing Gaborick and Višňovský rumors. Noooooo:wtf2:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So silly hockybuzz rumor about the Sharks being interested in Ľubomír Višňovský hes 36 and making like 5.6 on the books... I know this is false but still has to mean DW is poking around. How come I havent herd any rumors of the Sharks selling Boyle, Clowe, and Murray for youth/picks/prospects? Only hearing Gaborick and Višňovský rumors. Noooooo:wtf2:

I don't know about Vis but I can see Wilson poking around trying to aquire a puck moving left side dman.

With the cap dropping next season you're probably not going to see many teams selling their youth before the trade deadline. Those cost effective contracts are going to be very important next season. Those types of trades are more likely to happen in the offseason when GM's have a better handle on their cap budget.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rich Peverley was a last minute health scratch tonight for Boston. The Bruins are one of the teams rumored to be most interested in Clowe.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rich Peverley was a last minute health scratch tonight for Boston. The Bruins are one of the teams rumored to be most interested in Clowe.

Atleast its speed with no scoring so thats not so bad as slow with no scoring

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
problem with peverley is that he is already nearly 31 with two additional years at 3.25M (age 31 and 32). This doesnt make the sharks younger or all that much better. Peverley is better than clowe, so I suppose it would be a good deal but I would rather see dougie get an NHL player 24 or younger and/or picks and prospects that can help the team for a long time. Peverley is a last gasp hang on for dear life type of trade.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take anything I can get for Clowe. Peverly is a solid 3rd line center and he's signed one more year than Clowe. Not sure why BOS makes this trade.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Irwin is more of a two-way dman. I don't expect him to keep putting up the goals and points he has.

Boyle to the Rangers seems to be the rumor that is gaining a lot of popularity. Maybe something like: Boyle, Clowe, and a prospect for Haglin, MDZ, and a 1st.

Maybe Wilson is still chasing after Nash...</sarcasm>

I would love that deal! Hagelin would be a great addition. Rangers definitely sound interested in Boyle, and if they could pull off what Cmon is suggesting, it would really help the team.
If Boyle goes to Philly, Read would be good.
I don't see any of the other guys w no movement clauses waiving theirs, at least not now...possibly in the off season. But if they could pull off something like the NYR deal, maybe make a good trade or 2 in the off season, and a FA signing or 2, they could be contenders again.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In his post Murray trade interview Wilson is pretty strait forward saying more moves will depend on how the Sharks do over the next five games.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In his post Murray trade interview Wilson is pretty strait forward saying more moves will depend on how the Sharks do over the next five games.

Sweet so more trades are coming for sure 100% maybe even a coach getting shit canned