• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Edited for reality... Not one player mentioned even makes my pecker slightly move... In fact in makes it get smaller and implode into my body if we made a trade for any of these players...

I think outside of maybe 4 people the general feeling on the board is its more of a coaching problem at this point. Obviously dumping Clowe and getting some scoring help is a priority, this team with its current forwards has probably one more season left with a shot at making a run. Hence the idea of acquiring inginla, guy can stil skate and is an absolute legitimize scoring threat.

It's not going to happen but it would greatly improve the sharks chances this season especially the way the defense and Nemo have played

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:think: possible trade options, maybe?

Ales Hemsky #83 - RW

Edmonton

Lee Stempniak #22 - RW

Calgary

Milan Hejduk #23 - RW

Colorado

Ray Whitney #13 - LW

Dallas

Jason Pominville #29 - RW

Buffalo

Lubomir Visnovsky #11 - D

NY Islanders

Kimmo Timonen #44 - D

Philadelphia

No, to all of those.

If Wilson's going to make moves for players he should be targeting guys like: Tyler Ennis, Carl Hagelin, Derek Stephan, Jakob Voracek, Matt Read, Lars Eller, Kyle Okposo, Shawn Matthias, Teddy Purcell, etc.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TSN reporting the Flyers have been keeping a close eye on the Sharks for a while now. They believe the Flyers interest is in Burns.

If they want Burns they better expect to give up two of either Brayden Schenn, Matt Read, Jakob Voracek, Sean Couturier plus their 1st round pick.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stupid as Dougie is, I would be absolutely shocked if he traded Burns...

They might still get Jussi now (with Carolina eating some of his salary).

This tweet this morning was the best:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN reporting the Flyers have been keeping a close eye on the Sharks for a while now. They believe the Flyers interest is in Burns.

If they want Burns they better expect to give up two of either Brayden Schenn, Matt Read, Jakob Voracek, Sean Couturier plus their 1st round pick.

:think: you don't think we can get the same deal with Braun or Demers? Ha ha j/k:laugh3:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Umm, because Clowe doesn't come with a $3m commitment for next season and he has a better skill set to help push cup contending teams over the top or a help a team desperate just to get in.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

With no one to replace burns that would be god awful stupid

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With no one to replace burns that would be god awful stupid

I don't know. They could probably get a couple more years out of Boyle which would give them time to find another replacement. Voracek, Read, and their 1st for Burns is something I'd seriously consider.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, because Clowe doesn't come with a $3m commitment for next season and he has a better skill set to help push cup contending teams over the top or a help a team desperate just to get in.

Of course the $3M for next year is the big difference but still.

Sharks are paying Burish almost $2M...

And I'm convinced the only skill that Clowe still has is the ability to play pucks from the bench. :L

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know. They could probably get a couple more years out of Boyle which would give them time to find another replacement. Voracek, Read, and their 1st for Burns is something I'd seriously consider.

Eh they'd have to offer up someone with more upside then those two. Elite dman are far more difficult to come by then second tier forwards

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh they'd have to offer up someone with more upside then those two. Elite dman are far more difficult to come by then second tier forwards

True but that deal would also free up Wilson to move Pavelski. He'd go a long way to bringing in that dman. If Boyle could always be moved for futures and those can be added with Pavs. Not to mention the Flyers are likely to have a pretty high pick in this years draft which could bring that dman.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't there any Jumbo or Patty rumors? These are 2 stiffs we have to move, along with Clowe. Others to move would be Boyle & Little Joe.:gaah:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why aren't there any Jumbo or Patty rumors? These are 2 stiffs we have to move, along with Clowe. Others to move would be Boyle & Little Joe.:gaah:

No way Marleau should be moved unless he asks for a trade. There is no way they could ever dream to replace what he brings. If they move Thornton it means they are going into a 100% rebuild and that's not going to happen.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True but that deal would also free up Wilson to move Pavelski. He'd go a long way to bringing in that dman. If Boyle could always be moved for futures and those can be added with Pavs. Not to mention the Flyers are likely to have a pretty high pick in this years draft which could bring that dman.

I dunno if it guarantees the sharks landing Seth Jones I'd consider it lol. I think boiler can still be effective with a reduce work load, but the 23 plus a night he logs now makes him alot more ineffective.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Marleau should be moved unless he asks for a trade. There is no way they could ever dream to replace what he brings. If they move Thornton it means they are going into a 100% rebuild and that's not going to happen.

Marleau to DET & Jumbo to TOR. I'd bet they both would waive the NMC. Get picks & prospects.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the $3M for next year is the big difference but still.

Sharks are paying Burish almost $2M...

And I'm convinced the only skill that Clowe still has is the ability to play pucks from the bench. :L

Well if you are looking for a Jody Shelley, George Parros type, he'll fit that role now. Not much more :)