• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, out of no where Pitt steps on and gets Iginla. Boston has to be desperate for Clowe now.

Seems like Clowe's value has got to go up, but from everything I read these are can't miss type prospects, more second tier guys. I wonder if DW can't get a desperate Boston or Montreal to give in to his demands for Clowe. I thought he looked good tonight and would miss him, but I think if you get a 1st and decent scoring wing prospect then pull the trigger.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reports out of Montreal say the Habs have offered Louis LeBlanc and a 2nd for Clowe.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Boyle be a prime target for Boston? They need PP help.

Let's face it, the Sharks aren't going to beat the Hawks in a 7 game series. Let's reload the prospect pool and go for the Cup...in 2016!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is LeBlanc a floundering prospect? I know nothing of him but his stats indicate he isn't taking the AHL by storm.

My impression of him, though admittedly very limited, is that he's another Benn Ferriero. If the Sharks target a prospect from the Habs I hope it would be Sebastian Collberg.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Clowe would waive his NTC* to go to Montreal but nice try...

*= If he really has one.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doubt Clowe would waive his NTC* to go to Montreal but nice try...

*= If he really has one.

I think he'd go. Montreal was his favorite team growing up.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd go. Montreal was his favorite team growing up.

I think most Canadian players would want to play for the homeland, if given the choice. (EDM & CAL may be exceptions).:canada:

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Boyle be a prime target for Boston? They need PP help.

Let's face it, the Sharks aren't going to beat the Hawks in a 7 game series. Let's reload the prospect pool and go for the Cup...in 2016!

Sharks aren't going to beat anyone in a 7 game series this year!!!

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Per NHL Live the asking price for Clowe is a 1st, 2nd, and a prospect.

Wow, that would be a huge haul!! From what you were saying about how deep the draft is, I'd love to get that in return.
WTF happened to Clowe this season?? Is it injuries, like the coaches mentioned??? To see his production drop off this significantly was a shock to me, just did not see this coming.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that would be a huge haul!! From what you were saying about how deep the draft is, I'd love to get that in return.
WTF happened to Clowe this season?? Is it injuries, like the coaches mentioned??? To see his production drop off this significantly was a shock to me, just did not see this coming.

For real, usually players tend to have career best years in their last year of their contract. Clowe seems to be doing the opposite.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For real, usually players tend to have career best years in their last year of their contract. Clowe seems to be doing the opposite.

Gonna be a huge hit to his bank account too!! Bad timing on his part!!
How about this...Sharks make a trade similar to what's been mentioned, then re-sign Clowe to a $2.5M or so per year deal in the off season, and then he reverts back to how good he was last season....I like Clowe, definitely like the physical aspect he brings to the team, but not at $3.5M, if he isn't providing much of anything else.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

As much as we all like to use him as a punching bag Clowe really hasn't been as bad as we make him out to be, myself included. According to Wilson he's had some injuries that have affected his play but if you look at it his assists are pretty close to on par with his career norm and he's getting/creating goal scoring chances at the same pace he always has. He's just, for whatever reason, failed to convert on them so far.

Wilson is asking the for the moon but that's what he's supposed to do. Overvalue the player then negotiate down to what you really consider acceptable. In the end I think the return will be either a 1st and a B level prospect or a 2nd and an A level prospect.

If he re-signs with whatever team he's traded to expect him to get a dollar amount close to what he's getting now. If he hits the open market he'll likely end up over the $4m mark.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: Shane Doan anyone?

Anybody think Doug called PHX just to see if he was available?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope not. This team needs youth, not Doan who has 3 more years after this one. Isn't he like 35? Please no.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:2cents: I only ask because it seems like most teams that have a solid chance for the cup has a power forward.

What do you guys think of adding a dman, for depth or starting?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:2cents: I only ask because it seems like most teams that have a solid chance for the cup has a power forward.

What do you guys think of adding a dman, for depth or starting?

Im only on board the adding draft picks & prospects & hagelin, couturier, read, saad caliber young players... Anything else is just stupid... and trading to make a playoff push is just stupid too

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im only on board the adding draft picks & prospects & hagelin, couturier, read, saad caliber young players... Anything else is just stupid... and trading to make a playoff push is just stupid too

^^^This

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Definitely!! And I think Wilson's thinking is the same as ours...