• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rumor Mill

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im only on board the adding draft picks & prospects & hagelin, couturier, read, saad caliber young players... Anything else is just stupid... and trading to make a playoff push is just stupid too

:2cents: yes I know picks and prospects are great, but I don't see a fire sale happening. I have a feeling Doug believes in this team and just needs to add a few more pieces.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CANADIENS PLACE VETERAN DEFENCEMAN KABERLE ON WAIVERS

TSN.ca Staff

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:2cents: yes I know picks and prospects are great, but I don't see a fire sale happening. I have a feeling Doug believes in this team and just needs to add a few more pieces.

Not a fire sale, just some players like clowe & boyle... and if you can get rid of the like of handuez & burish then them too

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know if a player can be placed on waivers if he has a no trade clause?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fire sale, just some players like clowe & boyle... and if you can get rid of the like of handuez & burish then them too

If you trade Boyle are you expecting picks & young players? I just don't see any value in trading Boyle at this time. He is our best option on the blue line and if Todd plans on keeping Burns up front we are lacking depth at D.

Trading Clowe I understand since he is a UFA, but if we trade him we really don't have a better option on the roster right now.

Handzus is another Murray in my eyes. I think he is a solid depth player, but he does have glaring limits. To move him would be a tough move with his no movement clause.

Burish I don't see being moved. Doug personally went after him and wanted him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Friedman on HNiC says there is significant interest in Handzus. If the Sharks could get a pick for him, any pick, I'd be thrilled.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kurz reporting the Sharks have approached Clowe's agent about waiving his NTC

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you trade Boyle are you expecting picks & young players? I just don't see any value in trading Boyle at this time. He is our best option on the blue line and if Todd plans on keeping Burns up front we are lacking depth at D.

Trading Clowe I understand since he is a UFA, but if we trade him we really don't have a better option on the roster right now.

Handzus is another Murray in my eyes. I think he is a solid depth player, but he does have glaring limits. To move him would be a tough move with his no movement clause.

Burish I don't see being moved. Doug personally went after him and wanted him.

Are you kidding me about Boyle?? What team pushing for a cup run WOULDNT want him?? And yea it makes a hole but who cares, this is a process and they have the whole offseason to address that. It doesnt matter if there is a hole in the D the rest of the year, it can be filled by one of the D prospects as a learning tool. Same goes for Clowe, but his roster spot would be filled by the player coming back in return from trading him and boyle. As stated numerous times - a young player already in the league of Saad, Hagelin, Couturier, Read caliber --- and it would be an upgrade...
I really dont understand the big concern with "holes" or open roster spots for this current season. The worse they do, the higher the draft pick, the better for the future it is... Why do people want them to make the playoffs so bad this year when there is ZERO chance of them winning the cup?? Wouldnt you rather have 1 year in a shorten season as a throw away year that would make for a much better future for the team vs making the playoffs this year, standing pat, and them being older with a still empty cupbord of prospects & picks next year??

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you kidding me about Boyle?? What team pushing for a cup run WOULDNT want him?? And yea it makes a hole but who cares, this is a process and they have the whole offseason to address that. It doesnt matter if there is a hole in the D the rest of the year, it can be filled by one of the D prospects as a learning tool. Same goes for Clowe, but his roster spot would be filled by the player coming back in return from trading him and boyle. As stated numerous times - a young player already in the league of Saad, Hagelin, Couturier, Read caliber --- and it would be an upgrade...
I really dont understand the big concern with "holes" or open roster spots for this current season. The worse they do, the higher the draft pick, the better for the future it is... Why do people want them to make the playoffs so bad this year when there is ZERO chance of them winning the cup?? Wouldnt you rather have 1 year in a shorten season as a throw away year that would make for a much better future for the team vs making the playoffs this year, standing pat, and them being older with a still empty cupbord of prospects & picks next year??

Doug Wilson cares. He's said on multiple occasions that making the POs is still the goal and that most likely means keeping Boyle for the rest of this season then moving him in the offseason.

If Boyle is moved before the deadline it means Burns is moving back to D full time.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kurz reporting the Sharks have approached Clowe's agent about waiving his NTC

Hahaha... Kurz. :L

Although he's probably right this time around... not that he's reporting anything shocking or whatever.

Fitting end to Clowe's Sharks career (in the penalty box, after taking a stupid selfish penalty at the end of OT).

EDIT: Also, I don't see Boyle getting moved. Management/Dougie really want to make the playoffs. You need Boyle to help do that. You can trade him at the deadline next year if needed instead. On the other hand, Murray/Clowe/Handzus/the others are useless and/or detriments.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has Clowe could be dealt as soon as Easter Sunday. Destination seems to be MTL.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rumor has Clowe could be dealt as soon as Easter Sunday. Destination seems to be MTL.

Habs and Bruins seem to be in a bit of a bidding war for him. Kristo or Collberg from Mtl would be nice. They have a couple good D prospects I wouldn't mind as well.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doug Wilson cares. He's said on multiple occasions that making the POs is still the goal and that most likely means keeping Boyle for the rest of this season then moving him in the offseason.

If Boyle is moved before the deadline it means Burns is moving back to D full time.

Wilson cares for one reason only - Making the playoffs means more $$$$

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilson cares for one reason only - Making the playoffs means more $$$$

That's certainly part of it. Last time the Sharks missed the POs they lost over 3000 season ticket holders the next year.

However, if Wilson is looking to move Boyle for young roster players like Read or Hagelin he knows he'll get better value in that market in the offseason than he will at the deadline.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's certainly part of it. Last time the Sharks missed the POs they lost over 3000 season ticket holders the next year.

However, if Wilson is looking to move Boyle for young roster players like Read or Hagelin he knows he'll get better value in that market in the offseason than he will at the deadline.

I tend to think players have more value at the deadline than in the offseason, reason being that feel they have a good chance are more willing to overpay at the deadline. Teams "going for it" are more willing to give up the future for a better present player with the playoffs right around the corner...

Look no futher then SJ itself. Every deadline deal that theyve made for "the missing piece" are all deals theyd never make in the offseason.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I tend to think players have more value at the deadline than in the offseason, reason being that feel they have a good chance are more willing to overpay at the deadline. Teams "going for it" are more willing to give up the future for a better present player with the playoffs right around the corner...

Look no futher then SJ itself. Every deadline deal that theyve made for "the missing piece" are all deals theyd never make in the offseason.

Roster players have more value at the deadline when trading for picks and prospects not in the NHL yet but there is more value to be had in the offseason in roster player for roster player trades. The market becomes much more open as all teams are trying to address needs instead of a few buyers looking to improve their playoff rosters. Usually those buyers don't want to deal roster players at this time because they are trying to gear up and add roster depth to their team.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Habs and Bruins seem to be in a bit of a bidding war for him. Kristo or Collberg from Mtl would be nice. They have a couple good D prospects I wouldn't mind as well.

I like Kristo plays with alot of heart and fire